N-Europe

Rumor: New Wii Games From Konami

Dante

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm anxiously awaiting what kind of games Konami has planned for Wii. I don't think we'll get a MGS title, as Kojima Productions has its hands full on MGS4 on PS3 already. Besides, they've just produced MGS: PO for PSP. How many MGS games can they churn out?

I'm personally hoping for a return of the console Castlevania titles on Wii. They have the GBA/DS fan base already. I'd prefer an ultimate 2D epic Castlevania title, but wouldn't mind those 3D games. Just make it good!

But frankly, I don't think we'll get many huge franchises yet. Think more like Elebits, new games but with a family-friendly theme. Besides that, I'm fully expecting some Bemani games on Wii, especially DrumMania. Whatever they put out, just make it worthwhile and I'll gobble it!

I'm anxiously awaiting what kind of games Konami has planned for Wii. I don't think we'll get a MGS title, as Kojima Productions has its hands full on MGS4 on PS3 already. Besides, they've just produced MGS: PO for PSP. How many MGS games can they churn out?

I'm personally hoping for a return of the console Castlevania titles on Wii. They have the GBA/DS fan base already. I'd prefer an ultimate 2D epic Castlevania title, but wouldn't mind those 3D games. Just make it good!

But frankly, I don't think we'll get many huge franchises yet. Think more like Elebits, new games but with a family-friendly theme. Besides that, I'm fully expecting some Bemani games on Wii, especially DrumMania. Whatever they put out, just make it worthwhile and I'll gobble it!

lol, maybe they'll give us a port of the N64 castlevania with Wii-mote controls, they'll probably just about get that graphics engine to run on the Wii lol

A football game (Probably a Wii PES, possibly a return to ISS just incase it doesn't work out, ala the early Xbox/Cube games) and a DDR game are inevitable, if not with this batch of games then in the near future.

I would like to see a big franchise brought to the Wii - Kojima has said he likes the Wii but also I seem to remember him saying there won't be another MGS game whilst MGS4 is in production, Portable Ops was started before apparently so that doesn't count. A modernised Castlevania that brought its story telling and atmosphere into this decade would be very welcome but another Castlevania 64 style mess is best avoided. I think it could work if it played a bit like a combination between God of War and Prince of Persia with Castlevanias own style imo. A new franchise, with the potential to be an MGS style/quality of franchise would be class but I don't think Konami have really pushed a big new franchise/idea in a good while.

IGN Wii: This may be the first game that we have seen with normal mapping. We weren't really sure if the Wii supported it.

Mukaitoge: Really? We used normal mapping for some of the bosses in the game. If you look closely at the trailer, you can see normal mapping on the boss character at the end.

Woo! Hollywood/Flipper is more powerful than we thought.