Fav tv company?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Fav tv company?

• BBC
    • ITV
    • Channel 4
    • Five (I pity you)
    • Sky

Which is your favourite channel company lol... Mine is bbc. They are home to little britain, eastenders, doctor who, neighbours- and I know it sounds sad, but I watched Ancient Rome: The rise and fall of an empire on the bbc. My fav is the Jewish revolt- it was amazing how the bbc built a Jewish temple and used cgi to recreate ancient Jerusalem

None in particular, quite a few own some great and awful shows.

Edit: Looking at the options, Sky.

Channel 4....I don't even get that back at home, just a program called S4C filled with jibberish.

Channel four had Lost, and Five has Prison Break and House. But overall I'd say BBC is the best.

BBC for Top Gear. Thats all there is to it.

I would have voted for Sky, but those cunts don't give me Sky One HD on Telewest TVDrive.

The BBC still produce by far the best content of any British broadcaster, so that's who I voted for. Channel 4 has really improved over the last few years, with some great original drama, documentaries and comedy, plus quality US imports like Lost and Desperate Housewives. ITV on the other hand has become a bit of a joke. I honestly can't think of anything on any of their channels that I watch with any degree of regularity. Sad, really. Five has never been any good in my opinion (although it is improving, to be fair), and I don't really watch any of Sky's channels other than Sky Sports.

If Sky didn't have advert breaks every 15 minutes it'd be an easy choice. Uninterrupted 24 would be excellent.

Paramount Comedy has Scrubs and South Park and is generally amazing most of the time. Cartoon network, for it's dragonball z marathons back in the day. Sky One is also good, though it has been slipping.

Basically, Sky is awesome.

Also I like Channel 4 best out of the terrestrial channels, because it has some balls.

The BBC still produce by far the best content of any British broadcaster

Don't give me that, they could run 24 hour marathons of 24, Lost, Prison Break and every other popular show and it wouldn't make up for the tripe that was Torchwood.

Lol Rokhed, overlook try to overlook Torchwood. I've not watched it since the opening two episodes.

I voted BBC nonetheless. :smile:

Five, I wouldn't know nearly as much as I do about Nazi Germany if it wasn't for their extensive range of documentaries. Plus their collection of bad action movies is unrivaled.

It would be Sky if they weren't a rip off......BBC/4.....I voted 4 though.

I agree. 4 wtf - it shows the simpsons which aint so bad :P

I'll go with the BBC. Even though it got a bit boring lately, It still produces quality shows such as Have I Got News For You, Friday Night with Jonathan Ross, Extras etc.

I probably would've said Channel 4 like a year ago or something, but these days the only shows which stand out on the channel are these trashy friday night shows (which are quickly going downhill), American dramas and documentries made just for the sake of making a documentry. Not to say there still arn't decent shows on it, though.

ITV is a piss-stain on UK broadcasting. Sky is going the same way.

Haven't watched a lot of Five.

Paramount Comedy used to be brilliant before they partnered with Five. Now they only show a a few excellent programmes (Seinfeld, South Park and Monty Python). And they only rarely show Python, sometimes they'll show one of The Comic Strip, but they usually just repeat the same ones. They've got a load of classic shows in their grasp - Trailer Park Boys, People Like Us, Police Squad, Time Gentlemen Please, The Young Ones, Third Rock From The Sun... But they only ever show Everybody Loves Raymond, Scrubs, Fraiser and That 70's Show.

Bravo would be far and away the best channel if they gave Adult Swim a proper slot and stopped chucking it around the schedules. Or just turned Bravo into an Adult Swim channel. All day Spaceghost anyone?

Channel four had Lost, and Five has Prison Break and House. But overall I'd say BBC is the best.

Sky...

Sky has Lost, Battlestar Galactica, 24, Star Trek, Futurama, The Simpsons and many others.

channel 4 + channel 5 cause they both showed Charmed and channel 5 has c.s.i

If Sky didn't have advert breaks every 15 minutes it'd be an easy choice. Uninterrupted 24 would be excellent.

Paramount Comedy has Scrubs and South Park and is generally amazing most of the time. Cartoon network, for it's dragonball z marathons back in the day. Sky One is also good, though it has been slipping.

Basically, Sky is awesome.

Also I like Channel 4 best out of the terrestrial channels, because it has some balls.

Don't give me that, they could run 24 hour marathons of 24, Lost, Prison Break and every other popular show and it wouldn't make up for the tripe that was Torchwood.

Paramount Comedy used to be brilliant before they partnered with Five. Now they only show a a few excellent programmes (Seinfeld, South Park and Monty Python). And they only rarely show Python, sometimes they'll show one of The Comic Strip, but they usually just repeat the same ones. They've got a load of classic shows in their grasp - Trailer Park Boys, People Like Us, Police Squad, Time Gentlemen Please, The Young Ones, Third Rock From The Sun... But they only ever show Everybody Loves Raymond, Scrubs, Fraiser and That 70's Show.

Bravo would be far and away the best channel if they gave Adult Swim a proper slot and stopped chucking it around the schedules. Or just turned Bravo into an Adult Swim channel. All day Spaceghost anyone?

But those aren't shows that are made by those channels. Its like crediting a publisher for an author's work. They get it to the masses, but they don't make it. (and proves, dispite popular opinion, America make en masse more enjoyable programmes)

And I agree, HBO rules all. Don't watch many shows, but due to being a subscription channel they can do more things and are more willing to experiment.

Ashley, I'm not rating them on what they've made, I'm rating them on what they choose to air.

Sign in to follow this