Noodles or Rice?

Noodles or Rice  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Noodles or Rice

• Noodles
    • Rice

That reminds me...Jaffa cakes:

Biscuit or cake ?

Heh, the classic debate. I remember a thread on a Glastonbury forum that continued for about 30 pages of raging arguements, experiments and demonstrations. The eventual conclusion was that it was a cake.

Oooh, actually just remembered something to try for all you noodle lovers. Packet of chicken super noodles, cook, dump on toast, grate cheese on top, briefly grill. The result is pretty tasty.

Next time I have a curry, I'll try it out.

I do wonder how it'll turn out though. I bet it tastes like a mess.

I love noodle curry. Better than with rice.

A cake goes hard when stale a biscuit goes soft. Leave one out for a while and you'll find out.

I've done it... they go hard on the outside and soft in the middle... so no solution. :heh:

Basmati Rice. I love it, and have done since I was wee.

Noodles are a bit more meh, except supernoodles, which are frickin awesome! They've got something you just don't get with rice, then again, I probably eat rice more. In fact, right now, I'm eating some chicken fried rice. I prefer prawn fried rice though, prawns rock alot too.

Rice, I have a special cooker for rice that makes it come out perfectly. Fried rice from a chinese take-away is awesome too. King Prawn and Egg fried rice being the best kinds.

I don't seem to be very good at making noodles, they're always soggy.

Rice, I have a special cooker for rice that makes it come out perfectly. Fried rice from a chinese take-away is awesome too. King Prawn and Egg fried rice being the best kinds.

I don't seem to be very good at making noodles, they're always soggy.

You can get these special types of noodles which can be fried straight away, without needing to be boiled.

Or, just...boil them for less amount of time. :heh:

Soggy super noodles are the best, it's like a noodle soup. I just put them right in boiling water and just leave them for like 5 or 10 minutes to slightly soak in the liquid, and find they have a nice texture and theres still water with lots of flavour. However, Bachelor's Super Rice(it isn't called that, but it's basically like flavoured rice in a packet) isn't all that great, but I get quite offended by any rice that isn't Basmati, so that might have been it.

Question depends entirely on what it's with. Noodles in a stir fry, rice with curry or chilli. And not super noodles. Either Sharwood's dried egg or Amoy straight-to-wok. Super noodles are good for a snack, especially when you have the beef ones and put a little ketchup in the pan when you boil them. But I seriously can't imagine curry and noodles. On the other hand, I did eat stir fried veg and chicken with rice this evening.

Noodles, by far. Especially curry noddles with bits of chicken in it and those Bombay - Hot Chili, the ones in those black cups

I don't like chinese food. I'm an indian food lover myself so you would think I would go for rice. BUT. I just love noodles. So I voted for the noodles themselves!

Oooh, actually just remembered something to try for all you noodle lovers. Packet of chicken super noodles, cook, dump on toast, grate cheese on top, briefly grill. The result is pretty tasty.

Hmm sounds nice, I'll have to try that.

It matters what you're eating. I mean come on some dishes are way better with noodles than rice, while others it doesn't matter so much.

Generally I'd say Rice. More tastier for me personally, more filling and is also healthier as well.

Rice. I hate noodles.

Noodles, I'm sick of rice because I eat it everyday. I'm tired of all the "varieties" as well. Vegetable, seafood, Chabati, fried, you name it. The only one I do have a liking for is Machboos, whether it be meat or chicken...and with a good serving of spicy tomato sauce.

machboosna.jpg

Noodles, on the other hand, just have a lot more flavor in them, even if you serve them without any "extras". It's a lot more fun to eat, too.

indomie4.jpg

This thread is making me hungry.

Pilau or Special or Coconut rice with Curry FTW.

Egg Fried, or any kind of Special Fried Rice with Chinese FTW.

noodles ftw especually the noodle town noodles, (without the chilli, i hate that kind of stuff) i like to boil them for a couple of minutes and fill the whole bowl with water to make it into a kind of noodle soup.

Rice is great with foods - and I have a slight addiction to fried rice and curry at the mo.. its eating away my money and my thin-ness. However, noodles are the winner when eaten on their own - I eat enough for a small country. (bought 15 packets the other day.. they'll last me about two weeks... :p)

I am eating chicken super noodles right this very second..

I am eating chicken super noodles right this very second..

Yesterday noodles were getting beaten by quite a wide margin, but look now, come back of the century. Rocky would be proud.