NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Rummy

Ann Widdecombe vs The Hoodies - 8PM ITV

Just saw this on the ITV news, and felt like spreading the love to the forum. Basically, it's Ann Widdecombe going out onto the streets and tackling hoodies I think(not literally, but you know what I mean), which I think is quite bold of her. I also think it'll make for some good watching whilst being a good documentary.

Tonight, ITV, 8pm.

Ann Widdecombe tastes life among the hoodies as she lives on two notorious London estates to report on the reality of frontline Britain and discover if enough is being done to tackle anti-social behaviour. In this first of a two-part programme, the redoubtable Conservative MP is verbally abused, offered a spliff and finds her car vandalised while staying on Islington's Andover estate.

I just think it'll be quite a unique sort of thing, really not sure how it'll turn out either.

How exactly does she plan to tackle the hoodies?

With an iron fist, thats how! May watch this, not sure how its gonna turn out.

Ah hoodies, yes they can be quite troublesome. Especially if you try to put your leg through the arm hole, or wear it backwards with the hood up.

*sigh at stereotyping, next she'll be after long haired hippies and their drugs*

id offer ann a spliff if i met her just to see her reaction rofl

sounds like good viewing thou :)

I know why the stereotype came into existance, but some people automatically assume that you are a troublemaking shit just because you are wearing a hoody. The other week when I had finished my refs course I was leant against a wall in a retail park waiting for my dad to come and pick me up. This old couple (about 50) was walking past and they walked onto the car park (about 5m to 10m away) just to avoid walking close to me.

I know why the stereotype came into existance, but some people automatically assume that you are a troublemaking shit just because you are wearing a hoody. The other week when I had finished my refs course I was leant against a wall in a retail park waiting for my dad to come and pick me up. This old couple (about 50) was walking past and they walked onto the car park (about 5m to 10m away) just to avoid walking close to me.

well moogles are super powerful

try smiling :P if you in hoody these days thou you are automatically a "chav" "scally" "yardy" etc MOST are like that they will wait for someone to walk past then they will yell abuse.

If you want more people like that try wearing a tracksuit

I think this is her and actually trouble making hoodies on an estate, not just people walking around wearing hoodies. She's quite sensible, and probably got more balls than most male politicians.

Fuck off, the hoody is the greatest contribution to fashion and the most popular fashion item of the last 20 years.

It is so fucking hypocritical to ban them in places that sell them for one. (Bluewater that's you!)

Conversely I think it's stupid to wear them inside anyway.. all you have to do is ask nicely and I always take mine off if it's cold outside.

People are just fucking scared of asking which is stupid inside their own damned shop.

I resent the labelling of anti social behaviour under the term 'hoodies' everyone uses chav.. thugs or whatever.. there is nothing politically sensitive about this. So use it.

I expect Anne has a very cleverly editted show that raises her public image to the level of Jamie Oliver.

I don't watch ITV anyway, it's shit.

I think this is her and actually trouble making hoodies on an estate, not just people walking around wearing hoodies. She's quite sensible, and probably got more balls than most male politicians.

Yeah but it shows the stereotypical view of a lot of people. As Nintendork said, "the hoody is the greatest contribution to fashion and the most popular fashion item of the last 20 years."

Fuck off, the hoody is the greatest contribution to fashion and the most popular fashion item of the last 20 years.

I wouldn't go that far. :heh:

I've got a nice black Rip Curl hoody.

IMG_2344.jpg

Closest to the one I have I could find.

I have really enjoyed watching this programme. Some kids these days are such losers it's unreal.

I have really enjoyed watching this programme. Some kids these days are such losers it's unreal.

True Platty.

This program is.. interesting so far.

"I always smile at old ladies"

I do often but they had starting walking away to avoid me before I saw them. Plus when you are leant against a wall smiling at passers-by you sometimes get branded a pervert. Trust me, I know from experience. Well it was either the smiling or the thong bikini.

I like mine more. :heh:

Pff mine has the pattern repeated on a textured, extra warm inner lining, I can walk through town on the coldest day feeling like a toaster if I put my coat on top. Also it's called "Whorses". I win.

What's with this big forum avatar/sig change, is it due to the 1000 page thread or just coincidence? I say big change, it's really just Marinist and Shorty.

Anyway, I enjoyed it, I see what people are saying about hoodies, this isn't about the item of clothing or normal people who wear them.

However, if someone refferred specifically to a person as a hoody, are you honestly trying to tell me you wouldn't think of this stereotypical troublemaking chav?

*let this thread proceed into a discussion about how great the hoody you own is, I shall sit over there as I have yet to actually own a hoody*

GO ON ANN!!!

SHAKE THAT WIG LIKE YOU JUST DON'T CARE :heh:

gotta love her hehe

Sign in to follow this