N-Europe

Danny Dyer

Zygo Ape

Youve probably heard of him, been in numerous movies and has made quite a name for himself. Most notably, hes been in football factory, The Business, severance and a load of other random bullshit.

Everyone i know thinks hes the dogs bo**ocks, but i reckon hes a complete wanker. Sure hes successful, i may have just a hint of jealously towards him (as i do with most people in his position) and he might be an alright-ish actor. But seriously, why does he put on the load of tosh accent for the cameras, he uses it to string his fans along, i mean i was even watchign a documentary called "The real football factories" where he got to run about with a load of football hooligans and talk to the viewers about what nutcases they were, and how he was bricking himself, but always "up for it" before a derby match.

I reckon hes clever though, he pulls off the act really well, and he becomes a real draw to the films. If he didnt have that accent though i dont think he'd be half as recodnised as he is now, hes studied the market and knows what the people want.

Do any of you have an opinion of him?

Comes across as a proper wanker in interviews and when he's trying to be hard on the real football factories to toothless simpletons in Stone Island jackets he reminds me of my dad trying to talk to plumbers and builders as if he's just come back from working down the pit to see how his patio's coming along.

but i find that hes a very capable actor and he makes all his characters very believable and funny... i hope he voices on the next gta, if its set in london... i know ur all be like, yea this guy listens to rap music and has scarface in his avatar, so of course he will like him... but im a film studies student and know when to spot garbage... dyer has a good quality of getting into his character and becoming a firm favourite with his audience early on in narratives

Totally agree with you here. I think it's pretty refreshing to see a professional actor like that come across as someone you would meet down the pub for example.

He's quite the modern British actor you could say with how times are currently changing. I'm not saying I would want more of that, but he's very unique.

So thumbs up here.

Pfft, pencil chest hairs...

Yeah i know im being a bit stupid, as i said hes a good actor and has been in some good films. Hes a smart lad for taking advantage of his position and using it for success.

I obviously have done more thinking about this than anyone has lol

Well, having read your post, he's actually just gone up in my estimation. I didn't realise that wasn't his proper accent or anything, I thought he actually was just some regular bloke who tried acting, but knowing that he managed to pull that off when it isn't him, well, it makes him a very good actor in my eyes.

• 7 months later...