N-Europe

Wii First Impressions compared with 360

Ant-Shimmin

Being a 360 and Wii owener I can new give my first impressions of both consoles...

Right...

More Fun on Wii

More Mindblowing on 360

Which is better for me....I know I'm on a Nintendo Forum but....the 360 has my vote the thing just blew me away in every aspect, now I'm not saying I'm not impressed by the wii because believe me I am, Zelda is good and so is Wii sports and so is the Wii Online however I am not amazed by it...

Zelda is good yet something is missing from it Howevrer I am getting it into it and Am enjoying it, perhaps not to the degree of which I expected...

However I have both so I am not arguing!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right. Xbox360 is blowing you away there? Nice for you. But once you're over the graaphics stuff, it will be just the same as the first Xbox, or GameCube, blew you away. Wii can at least still have a lot of new ways that aren't discovered yet. And you don't dock 250 at your lcoal game store.

Two threads in less thaan a minute. Someone is eager to a) post links b) become an Affinicado. God knows what the hell it is anyway...

Right. Xbox360 is blowing you away there? Nice for you. But once you're over the graaphics stuff, it will be just the same as the first Xbox, or GameCube, blew you away. Wii can at least still have a lot of new ways that aren't discovered yet. And you don't dock 250 at your lcoal game store.

Two threads in less thaan a minute. Someone is eager to a) post links b) become an Affinicado. God knows what the hell it is anyway...

As I said it is blowing me away I have had it since last Jan and It in my eyes is amazing, I love the games, love the user interface and I Like it alot...

The Wii will be my 2nd console I went half with my brother and I love it and Am having alot of fun

If i'm buying one of both, it will be a PS3. Not Because I hate Microsoft or the 360 (it's a nice piece of kit), but there's something incredibly nice about the PS3. It's an astonishing system with Blu-Ray on board. I'de only buy it to have the best of the best in my house. And because i'm going working this summer, I might haave the money to buy one (and an HD TV, too - that would be great). If I can't buy an HD tv with it, i'm getting an X360.

Haven't played an awful lot on the 360 (only played it for a few days while I stayed at my uncles) but it is great. The controller just works so well with the games, and the graphics actually do make an impact. However, the wii controller is just too freaking cool... zelda and wii sports are just to good...

Both have at least one killer app apiece. Nintendo's future release list hasnt impressed me at all yet because all im seeing are 'upgrades' to PS2 games and GC games. I hope this isnt an indication of the next 5 years. I do genuinely prefer games that use the Wii remote only

Well i already have the Wii and the 360. I had decided not to buy the PS3 but everytime i watch that damn MGS4 trailer i want to buy it even more. I even deleted the trailer from the PC but i can't resist to stream it!!! 360 is a great console but eventually will lose to PS3:)

The 360 hasn't had an amazing first year. Okay, the first year usually is a tad weak, but it's strange how little Microsoft have bothered to take advantage of having the next generation to themselves for a whole year.

There's been a few damn good games though: Project Gotham Racing 3, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Gears Of War, and Test Drive Unlimited spring to mind.

I have played on a 360, and i'm quite the opposite.

My brother purchased one alongside a HD television. When I played it, Ghost Recon, I was completely underwhelmed by it. The visuals are obviously the main selling point of the system, I felt there was no added substance to it, as far as i'm concerned I was playing an Xbox game. It just didnt do it for me.

Bearing in mind that my brother had some experience with the machine, he couldnt properly navigate the options and menus, and that put me off comepletely.

All that said, i don't begrudge better graphics. I'd love Wii to have some major horsepower, but it secondary to the interface. From the moment I pressed the Wii's ON button, i've been impressed. Not the same with 360.

Loving all 3 consoles if i'm honest.

BUT i like originality! and when i played Wii for the first time, it was like playing the N64 for the first time and i thought i would never get that feeling again!

Wii is the 'next-gen' winner for me at the moment, but overall the whole 'which is best' argument is confusing and difficult to actually answer....

There all very good consoles!

My brother purchased one alongside a HD television. When I played it, Ghost Recon, I was completely underwhelmed by it. The visuals are obviously the main selling point of the system, I felt there was no added substance to it, as far as i'm concerned I was playing an Xbox game. It just didnt do it for me.

Bearing in mind that my brother had some experience with the machine, he couldnt properly navigate the options and menus, and that put me off comepletely.

All that said, i don't begrudge better graphics. I'd love Wii to have some major horsepower, but it secondary to the interface. From the moment I pressed the Wii's ON button, i've been impressed. Not the same with 360.

I beg to differ Ghost Recon was one of the greatest and is one of the greatest games on the 360 and was the highest selling to... The online was great not much lag at all and the single player was imense yes the graphics were unbelieveable but the atmosphere added to the enjoyment of the game

Last Christmas when I got my 360, I really enjoyed playing it, but after a few days of playing, I felt as if I'd seen it all before.

I was looking for an N64-like feeling, something that would totally change the way games are played.

Then I played Wii.

And I got the feeling.

So its Wii for me, but I couldn't just live with the Wii, the 360 complements it perfectly.

Last Christmas when I got my 360, I really enjoyed playing it, but after a few days of playing, I felt as if I'd seen it all before.

I was looking for an N64-like feeling, something that would totally change the way games are played.

Then I played Wii.

And I got the feeling.

So its Wii for me, but I couldn't just live with the Wii, the 360 complements it perfectly.

I get what you mean but for Me its the other way around...

I do however believe for those on a smaller budget it is a Wii + 360/PS3

I think I have the right AFFORDABLE conbination with the Wii+360

Certainly on PGR3, the trigger buttons make up for it. They're so good on 360. They were good on the original x-box, but the fact that the controller was uncomfortable to hold spoiled it. They totally fixed that with the comfort on the new one.

As I said it is blowing me away I have had it since last Jan and It in my eyes is amazing, I love the games, love the user interface and I Like it alot...

The Wii will be my 2nd console I went half with my brother and I love it and Am having alot of fun

it's not fair to compare them.Copmpare the ps3 with the 360.That's more fair.

the 360 is naturally going to have bettter games being our for more than a year now.i think the wii is doing fantastic with zelda,rayman and now warioware for being out in a few months.Think what will happen when it goes online and games like mario kart,fzero and smash come out.

it's not fair to compare them.Copmpare the ps3 with the 360.That's more fair.

the 360 is naturally going to have bettter games being our for more than a year now.i think the wii is doing fantastic with zelda,rayman and now warioware for being out in a few months.Think what will happen when it goes online and games like mario kart,fzero and smash come out.

It's only 1 month tommorow.