NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
mcj metroid

annoying words or phrases!

You guys really ought to come to northern ireland, I think your heads would be completely gone listening to the way we speak.

xD

The Northern Irish accent is probably my favourite accent of all, especially when it's being spoken by that old dear (probably a phrase that annoys a few of you) on Blue Peter. My love for regional accents could probably fill a thread of its own.

Anyway, I'd make most of you cringe with my broad Oxfordshire accent, liberal use of clichés and pepperings of "fuck" in most sentences, but I'm completely comfortable with it, and if someone was to judge me by the way I speak then I probably wouldn't want to know them anyway.

"I don't need to get drunk to have a good time" - People who go out of their way to tell you this are the most self rightous dullards you will ever meet, drunk or sober. I've got a mate who doesn't drink and he's the complete opposite - and he really doesn't need to get drunk to have a good time. But doesn't feel the need to immediately expressly tell everyone he meets.

Main word that annoys me is chav it is used so much now that it has lost its meaning. Its seems to of been overused by the sixth form college type a friend of mine that went there calls all of these people chavs when they are clearly not. I think the word Emo is just as overused now as well I look forward to a day when everyone grows out of these stereotypes.

Also get annoyed when newspapers try and act like they understand the hip-hop scene and talk about "bling" culture. In fact I hate the way hip-hop culture is persieved in general in this country if only MTV Base or whatever the hip-hop channel is would catch up with whats popular in America and start playing some of the music from the Atlanta scene then it might lose its thug image and people may realise a lot of it is about going to a party getting drunk and having a good time. It must be said nothing beats going out getting wasted have a "Crunk Juice" aka Hennessy mixed with Red Bull then going crazy to Get low by lil jon

Bit off topic but I always find it strange when people don't understand my accent. my accent is quite plain in the sense of how you pronounce words, it's just that people from round here miss wors out like "the" and don't pronounce all of the letters.

What's strange is when my brother was teaching in Leeds (well wakefield) and one of the students asked him why he talked wierd.

Bit off topic but I always find it strange when people don't understand my accent. my accent is quite plain in the sense of how you pronounce words, it's just that people from round here miss wors out like "the" and don't pronounce all of the letters.

What's strange is when my brother was teaching in Leeds (well wakefield) and one of the students asked him why he talked wierd.

Try living in Barnsley but not having a Barnsley accent its a bitch.

Can't be bothered to check this one, but people who constantly say "at the end of the day"... Just irritates me because 9/10 its the only start of a sentence they know.

YGGR

Youre gonna get raped.

No Im not Mr Cs:Source :)

However this image makes the phrase much more satisfying.

my.php?image=rapescaryblackdude8cd.jpg

However this image makes the phrase much more satisfying.

my.php?image=rapescaryblackdude8cd.jpg

That's quality.

Tough @ Letty, i haven't seen YGGR used much on CSS, granted i only play once a week or something these days.

When playing CS I normally tend to say stuff along the lines of "I'm going to stick my entire fist up your ass." Exactly like that. No shorthand bullshit.

'haha owned' and 'safe' annoy me alot. I say em all the time though...

'Skeen' and 'Gutted', if you hear anyone say either kill them before those terrible words spread.

"I'm not being funny, but....."

That term irritates the shite out of me because 99.9% of the time that is the term that starts with someone being funny about something.

I say Gutted a lot. And "die?" to my friends for a response. I generally find myself using my mates catchphrases, he has new ones every week and they so funny.

Also theres this kid I hate who went through a period for like a month who at the start of every sentence would say " To be fair/To be honest..." >_<

"I'm not being gay, BUT..."

99.9% of the time leads to a pass at me. Fuckin' homos.

'Skeen' and 'Gutted', if you hear anyone say either kill them before those terrible words spread.

What's Skeen when it's at home?

"I'm not being gay, BUT..."

99.9% of the time leads to a pass at me. Fuckin' homos.

I love it, awesome post!

I find myself saying 'oh my days' alot recently, namely when playing a game and scuffing up alot, such as yesterday in gunstar, rather annoying! The more I tried not to, the more I said it!

Sign in to follow this