Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Official Bitch about Twilight Princess Thread!

The3rdChildren

Why no mirror shield, why no fire/ice arrows, why no spells, why no ocarina, why no hammer, why no great fairieS, why no proper spin attack etc etc

AND why no magic. Perhaps they wanted to tie the lack of physical magic in the game with the lack of metaphorical magic in the game.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why no mirror shield, why no fire/ice arrows, why no spells, why no ocarina, why no hammer, why no great fairieS, why no proper spin attack etc etc

AND why no magic. Perhaps they wanted to tie the lack of physical magic in the game with the lack of metaphorical magic in the game.

my god you repeat yourself ALOT!!!

change the record already!

anyway the reason that stuff isn't in it is because . . . . ITS NOT FUCKING OCARINA OF TIME!!!!!!

its a different game, if you want to play ocarina or wind waker or LTTP which had them elements in then go back and do it.

Like I said, not all Zelda games NEED this stuff. This game coped fine without the lack of an ocarina or a mirror shield. It doesn't desperately need magic in it either.

Because it's twighlight princess and not ocarina of time!: peace:

True enough...

The ball and chain and spinner were cool but apart from those two?

Dual Hookshots is VERY awesome, imo. Also, a nod goes to the dominion rod. When I used that for the first time, I was quite surprised. :)

Much cooler than what we got in the Wind Waker, imo.

You've got to be kidding me.

The ball and chain! It's got to be the coolest Zelda item eveeer.

:heh: Oh, you non-believers.

I have to agree....that feeling of impending 'massive damage infliction' when adding to the inventory put a massive smile on my face. :Dicon14.gif

Why whine the game isnt Oot ?

Isnt it enough that Nintendo have spent the last few years regurgitating and releasing the exact same old games we have played before...No doubt you will get the chance to spend money on playing Oot again on the Wii at some stage in its life.

Why not play oot?

I'm not sure if anyones noticed this so i'll post it, this reviewer gave the game 7.8/10 and thanks to this guy, the average ratio has now dropped below 95% and is now most certainly beyond any repair, unless another 30+ reviews of scores about 9.6 or so are posted. The game is now officially in ULTRA FAILURE territory with the likes of Gears Of War and Guitar Hero 2.

SOURCE: http://www.gamerankings.com/itemrankings/launchreview.asp?reviewid=752523

Of course, people never complained when people claimed that OoT was/is the "Best Game Ever". The "simple" answer was that it never really was.

I'm going to say it now, Ocarina was a bag of shit. Wind Waker pwns its : peace:

I'm not sure if anyones noticed this so i'll post it, this reviewer gave the game 7.8/10 and thanks to this guy, the average ratio has now dropped below 95% and is now most certainly beyond any repair, unless another 30+ reviews of scores about 9.6 or so are posted. The game is now officially in ULTRA FAILURE territory with the likes of Gears Of War and Guitar Hero 2.

SOURCE: http://www.gamerankings.com/itemrankings/launchreview.asp?reviewid=752523

OMFG below 95%?! Don't play the game mate, as it's clearly a complete piece of shit that isn't worth anyones time.

*Leaves Wii forum*

*Enters Xbox 360 thread*

I get the feeling some of us here are seriously overestimating previous Zelda games. We were all much younger when we played Ocarina of Time and we were far easier impressed than now. Go back to play and you'll find that OoT is definetely as easy as Twilight Princess, most items were underused (Zelda has been a Hookshot/Bow game for years now) and a lot of areas (Lake Hylia, entire field, Lon Lon ranch) were underused. It didn't seem to be that way when we were still 12 years old and it was all that impressive, but when you compare the two games in their own perspective they don't exceed each that much.

Because those two games sucked didn't they?

They are two of 2006s best games along with Twilight Princess, but Gears of War in particular with all the hype underachieved like Twilight Princess has. At one stage Guitar Hero 2 was looking like it could make a serious impact in the top 10 games of all time, but then reality hit a few weeks later, just like it did with Twilight, those were the days with 96.4%, great times indeed. :hehe:

They are two of 2006s best games along with Twilight Princess, but Gears of War in particular with all the hype underachieved like Twilight Princess has. At one stage Guitar Hero 2 was looking like it could make a serious impact in the top 10 games of all time, but then reality hit a few weeks later, just like it did with Twilight, those were the days with 96.4%, great times indeed. :hehe:

So while TP had a score of over 95% you thought it was brilliant but the second it went below you instantly thought it 'oh it isn't that good afterall'?

Do you not see how stupid that is? If you hadn't read any reviews or looked at scores or whatever after seeing it get an initial score above 95% you would still have loved the game and thought it was great. Don't let reviews sway your own opinions of the game. Fair enough if you yourself aren't overly impressed with the game but you should come to that decision by forming your own opinions and not from reading some review.

So while TP had a score of over 95% you thought it was brilliant but the second it went below you instantly thought it 'oh it isn't that good afterall'?

Do you not see how stupid that is? If you hadn't read any reviews or looked at scores or whatever after seeing it get an initial score above 95% you would still have loved the game and thought it was great. Don't let reviews sway your own opinions of the game. Fair enough if you yourself aren't overly impressed with the game but you should come to that decision by forming your own opinions and not from reading some review.

I am looking forward to finally playing the game next Wednesday, but I still thought the game underachieved when it was at 95%, in standard failure territory. It failed to meet my minimum benchmark in surpassing Resident Evil 4 or at the very least the port on PS2, and the fact it didn't is just unacceptable. I know i've already said this countless times, but Nintendo really could've gotten themselves into serious trouble and had a civil lawsuit on their hands for "misleading and deceptive conduct". They just have to be more careful in the future thats all. They shouldn't have said its the best game in the series ever if it really wasn't universally recognised as being so in both editorial and user opinions/reviews.

who gives a shit about game rankings though?!

Twilight Princess, Gears of War and Guitar Hero II are 3 of the best games released ever, what more reason do you have to go out and get them and enjoy them for hours at home.

Gears didn't underachieve apart from the single player was too short for some but infinatly replayable and there was limited multiplayer modes, and Twilight Princess is a great game that only disappointed very few people who were expecting literally OoT 2.

just enjoy the games is what i say.

I am looking forward to finally playing the game next Wednesday, but I still thought the game underachieved when it was at 95%, in standard failure territory. It failed to meet my minimum benchmark in surpassing Resident Evil 4 or at the very least the port on PS2, and the fact it didn't is just unacceptable.

you, my friend, are a dick. Zelda and Resi 4 are TOTALLY different games, Resi 4 is Resis OoT in that it revolutionised the series, TP however is still following what was set down in OoT.

who gives a shit about game rankings though?!

Twilight Princess, Gears of War and Guitar Hero II are 3 of the best games released ever, what more reason do you have to go out and get them and enjoy them for hours at home.

Gears didn't underachieve apart from the single player was too short for some but infinatly replayable and there was limited multiplayer modes, and Twilight Princess is a great game that only disappointed very few people who were expecting literally OoT 2.

just enjoy the games is what i say.

you, my friend, are a dick. Zelda and Resi 4 are TOTALLY different games, Resi 4 is Resis OoT in that it revolutionised the series, TP however is still following what was set down in OoT.

It's actually the first time I hear Solitanze say someething usefull and making sense...

It's actually the first time I hear Solitanze say someething usefull and making sense...

Where? All we get from Solitanze is his insight in his own little world where reviewers are the only ones with opinion that matters and companies can be sued for advertising.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!