N-Europe

Fishin in Zelda (possible spoiler?)

leofusion

ello everyone bought zelda today and havent been playin it that much i understand that i need to get a fish for the cat however its next to impossible to get a bloody fish on the hook do i need some sort of bait or is it just trial and error thanks in advance people.;)

You drop the rod in the water using B, and then you wait. When you see the rope (coming from your lure) go down and span up, pull it out of the water. Oh, make sure your line is nice and straight so that you can pull the fish out of the water the moment they bite. If half of your fishing cord is in the water, it will take to long to get the entire thing out and the fish will leave.

Keep it pulled out untill the cutscene of catching a fish starts.

This part is plain broken. Broken, Nintendo. I just figured it out how it works when I caught the Reekfish. That's more than halfway through the game Nintendo! However, I love the fishing pond. It's a much better method.

Usually you see fish swimming to the sinking lure. But I keep saying it: it's plain broken. It doesn't work. Say what you want.

And about the 'spoiler' bit: I posted something in the Zelda thread an never got reply. At least we helped another person further in Zelda, without wasting to much time and turning it down...

Hmm. I haven't found the real fishing spot yet. Really, I have no idea where it is. Can anyone help? (I am rather far in the game)

Remember climbing the zora river?

There's this big Afro (hairstyle) woman right? it's near there.

Or simply warp to zora's place, go down till you see a human house. it's nearby.

Why the hell is everyone having so much much trouble with this!

It's pretty obvious that when the lure/bobby thing suddenly goes down into the water that a fish is hooked (why else would it go down!) and then you just hold the controller up.

Seriously it took me about a minute to catch the two fish needed at the start and even less for the reekfish - piss of piss, it really is!

There's fishing in this game? Well, that's ruined it completely for me.

Why the hell is everyone having so much much

trouble with this!

It's pretty obvious that when the lure/bobby thing suddenly goes down into the water that a fish is hooked (why else would it go down!) and then you just hold the controller up.

Yes, it seems obvious in hindsight, but most people are expecting to actually *see* the fish bite. Doesn't make sense to see them swimming around but not see them go for the lure. Jasper's right - it's broken.

I did wonder why the lure was moving up and down. I told myself the lure must have been passing over tiny invisible geographical gravity wells.

Why the hell is everyone having so much much trouble with this!

Seriously it took me about a minute to catch the two fish needed at the start and even less for the reekfish - piss of piss, it really is!

It sort of goes half way down because of the water sometimes, and without fish actually coming to it, you think it's just the water again. It doesn't tell you to hold it back rather than "tiring the fish out" by flicking it back repeatedly as previously mentioned.

I don't think it's broken, I think it's very well done! If you've ever actually fished then you'd no you don't see the fish bite (only on the VERY odd occasion)... this makes it much more like fishing actually is!

It's brilliantly done!