NEurope
RedShell

Wii Release List

You should read what people are saying about this list around the web, lets just say it isn't going down to well.

Someone even brought up a good point:

Are Nintendo Of Europe going to use Super Paper Mario to fill in the missing gap of Mario Galaxy in 2007? I wouldn't be surprised....

Looks like it's going to be a 360 summer for me! With the likes of The Darkness, Colin McRae, Mass Effect and Forza 2 coming out very soon.

Are Nintendo Of Europe going to use Super Paper Mario to fill in the missing gap of Mario Galaxy in 2007? I wouldn't be surprised....

I highly doubt that. Nintendo usually doesn't keep the Europeans from the really big titles, at least not in the Christmas season. The game doesn't need much localising anyway. Besides, the European front needs Galaxy to combat Halo 3 and whatever the PS3 is getting.

What are you talking about now? I have no problem with buying third party games...when quality ones comes out I will definitely buy, but for now, none of those games appeal to me, regardless of who the bloody developer is.
Yeah I agree, the way I see it most people buy Wii (or any Nintendo system for that matter) for the first party games. And taking that in to consideration then NoE's Q2 list is very disappointing indeed.

It's not about boycotting 3rd parties at all, but the fact remains that the best experiences on Wii will be delivered by Nintendo's own games, anyone that denies that is well... a bit mental. :heh:

Eledees remains the only 3rd party title I'm looking forward to at the moment. :hmm:

I wonder if Eledees is worth paying the full price for. It looks interesting and it caught my attention already when they showed it in e3 last year, but I hate to buy games and realize that I play it for a week (or in some cases two days) and then it's boooring. I'll pass on Mario Football, never been interested in Football games.

I highly doubt that. Nintendo usually doesn't keep the Europeans from the really big titles, at least not in the Christmas season. The game doesn't need much localising anyway. Besides, the European front needs Galaxy to combat Halo 3 and whatever the PS3 is getting.

DCK, your thinking 100% correctly, but NOE always seem to do the opposite of what is normally 'correct'.

If (and i bloody hope). Super Paper Mario is out July, then Mario Galaxy will make 07 in Europe...if it's any-later, i would be slightly cautious.

I can't get over that release list....

As pointed out by Teppo before, this isn't NoE's call. Nintendo have given us MP2 and other games right in before. Even the Wii was right in time for Europe. Nintendo's made a tendency not to screw Europe when it's nearly November.

The game I have up for 2008 is Brawl.

This might sound kinda stupid, but what is there to expect from the Wii after Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3 and Brawl? I know a new Zelda is (eventually) coming, but do we know anything about 3rd party games or some other big titles? It just seems to me like Wii is depending on these games and nothing else, that's what worries me a bit.

This might sound kinda stupid, but what is there to expect from the Wii after Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3 and Brawl? I know a new Zelda is (eventually) coming, but do we know anything about 3rd party games or some other big titles? It just seems to me like Nintendo's entire history depended on these games and nothing else, that's what worries me a bit.
We have Resident Evil and Nights.

We have Resident Evil and Nights.

NIGHTS may make Xmas 2007 in Europe.

I can only think of:

Resident Evil: UC, Animal Crossing Wii, Project Hammer, Forever Blue, Disaster, Battalion Wars II...without release dates and will probably be released 08.

This might sound kinda stupid, but what is there to expect from the Wii after Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3 and Brawl? I know a new Zelda is (eventually) coming, but do we know anything about 3rd party games or some other big titles? It just seems to me like Wii is depending on these games and nothing else, that's what worries me a bit.

3rd party titles is tough to call. Look at Resident Evil 4, for the Wii. We only really started getting info on that last week and today. 3rd party titles will always come over time (if Nintendo keep playing their cards right).

First party, however. I would argue that Nintendo are, out of the big three, the ones who will always be sorted with regards to this. Seriously, Mario, Zelda and Metroid are not the be all and end all of Nintendo. They've got quite a lot of franchises, imo, and importantly in different genres.

These are all off the top of my head:

Racing: Mario Kart will almost certainly be on the system in the future, especially after the success of MK: DS. And it'll probably be online. F zero is another safe bet as well, especially as we've seen one on every Nintendo home system since the SNES. There will probably be others, such as that Donkey Kong Barrel Racing game, and maybe a sequel to ExciteTruck. Maybe one or two others. I wouldn't rule out a Wave Race, either.

Sports: There's the usual Mario Tennis/Golf to expect, I'd be really surprised if we didn't get them. A sequel to WiiSports? That new mario and sonic olympics thing. Mario Strikers Charged is also shaping up quite nicely. I would LOVE to see a return of NBA courtside, but I doubt we'll ever see that again. Shame.

Adventure/RPG: We've got definite confirmation that a new Zelda is already in the works, which is no surprise. That's a system seller right there. Also, there will be other titles, such as Fire Emblem, Disaster: Day of Crisis, Project Hammer, and hopefully that Sadness game will turn out ok in the end.

There's also the likes of Pikmin, Animal Crossing, The Touch Generations series, which encompasses Nintendogs, WiiSports, Brain Training. Plus, they always seem to be working on something new at Nintendo.

These are all Nintendo's own games, and I know I've missed out probably a dozen other potentials. The thing is, even if half of these don't even come into existance, there is always the potential. That's the beauty of having an array of franchises under your belt.

Besides, even if Nintendo don't make something, like a realistic FPS, there's always the chance somebody else will. Reggie spoke yesterday about how he wanted third parties to create games that Nintendo wouldn't.

NIGHTS may make Xmas 2007 in Europe.

SEGA Europe says it is coming in autumn.

DCK, your thinking 100% correctly, but NOE always seem to do the opposite of what is normally 'correct'.

Except that NoE has always released good number of 1st party games for holiday season. Of course it is fucking annoying that everything is pushed out at same time.

...without release dates and will probably be released 08.

Games don't usually get release dates before they are very close to release. There is no fucking reason to announce during december that game X is coming in july. It just leads to severe disapointments and confusion.

They've got quite a lot of franchises, imo, and importantly in different genres.

Let see... 1st party franchises that are currently active:

Animal Crossing

Battalion Wars

Brain Training

Disaster: Day of Crisis

Donkey Kong

Excite Truck

Fire Emblem

F-Zero

Golden Sun

Kirby

Kurururin

Mario Kart

Mario Party

Mario Platformers

Mario Sports titles

Metroid Prime

Paper Mario

Pikmin

Pokemon

Project Hammer

Smash

Star Fox

Waverace

Wario

WarioWare

Wii Sports / Health / Music

Zelda

Of course, there is also lots of series that could potentially do comeback during this generation.

I wonder if Eledees is worth paying the full price for. It looks interesting and it caught my attention already when they showed it in e3 last year, but I hate to buy games and realize that I play it for a week (or in some cases two days) and then it's boooring.
I reckon it will be, the single player mode is supposed to be pretty good, 30 or so stages with lots of stuff to unlock from replaying them, then you've got 4 player VS mode and a level creator which uses Wii Connect 24 to trade custom stages.

Gives the impression that the longevity will be very good.

It'll have to be with the current European release schedule! :wink:

I am very disappointed by the lack of Super Paper Mario. That was basically the only Wii game I was looking forward to in the coming months. Seems like I won't be spending any money on games soon (apart from Hotel Dusk). =/

Another one that is severely disappointed with that list.

I really can't see me spending much (if anything) on the Wii over the next few months - at least it gives me a chance to save for the wealth of titles that SHOULD (unless we get screwed again) follow over Q3-4.

Thought I'd post the list, there are some that aren't on the front page;

http://www.cubed3.com/news/7205/1/Q2_2007_Euro_Dates_for_Wii,_DS_&_GBA_Revealed

• Wing Island (Nintendo / Hudson) - 13th April 2007

• Chicken Little: Ace in Action (Disney Interactive Studios) - 20th April 2007

• Cooking Mama Wii (505 Games) - April 2007

• Elevator Action (505 Games) - April 2007

• Pop’n Pop (505 Games) - April 2007

• Heatseeker (Codemasters) - April 2007

• BIONICLE Heroes (Eidos / TT Games) - April 2007

• Eledees (Konami) - April 2007

• Impossible Mission (System 3) - April 2007

• Mario Strikers Charged Football (Nintendo) - 25th May 2007

• Brunswick Bowling Wii (505 Games) - May 2007

• World Championship Poker Featuring Howard Lederer: All In Wii (505 Games) - May 2007

• Spider-Man The Movie 3 (Activision) - May 2007

• Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End (Disney Interactive Studios) - May 2007

• Mortal Kombat: Armageddon (Midway) - May 2007

• Puzzle Balls (System 3) - May 2007

• Chicken Shoot + Egg Catcher (ZOO Digital Publishing) - May 2007

• Pangya! Golf with Style (Nintendo) - June 2007

• Dave Mirra Racing Wii (505 Games) - June 2007

• Transformers - June 2007

• Mercury Meltdown Revolution (Ignition) - Q2 2007

• Metal Slug Anthology (Ignition) - Q2 2007

Thought I'd post the list, there are some that aren't on the front page;
Yeah sorry about that, I was so bitterly disappointed by what wasn't on the list that I didn't pay much attention to the rest of it. :heh:

Anyway, I've added all that stuff to TBD, can't be arsed with release dates that just consist of a month. Either it's got a full date or it's on TBD. I might actually move all of the unconfirmed stuff there as it means a lot less faffing about and paints a clearer picture of what's really coming soon and what isn't.

What does everyone think about that idea, cool, or not cool? :hmm:

People jump to wild conclusions - Paper mArio released at xmas to push galaxy back!!!? What?!?!

Paper Mario will obviously come out July in Europe, calm down people .....

SEGA Europe says it is coming in autumn.

Sorry, i apologise for that small mistake. I read Xmas 2007 on cubed3, although now looking in the NIGHTS thread, Dante posted that it may make 'Autumn 2007'. Which is better obviously, means we can play it sooner! :D

Except that NoE has always released good number of 1st party games for holiday season. Of course it is fucking annoying that everything is pushed out at same time.

I honestly don't ever remember Nintendo releasing: A Mario, Metroid, Smash bros in 3 months. Add maybe Mario Party 8, not forgetting the other Nintendo games you think may make 07. It's all too-much in a short-space of time...We need good games from Nintendo during the spring/sumemr period so there isn't a drought. All this ''but people go on holiday, so don't release games' rubbish is used way too often. :)

Games don't usually get release dates before they are very close to release. There is no fucking reason to announce during december that game X is coming in july. It just leads to severe disapointments and confusion.

Theres quite a few number of times that we have been given solid release dates along way in advance. Bioshock, GTA 4 etc..

Anyway, the games i listed (top of my head, no-where near as spot-on as yours) haven't got release dates nor has hardly any info been given out on them...normally meaning there quite along way off, some may come out end of this year which in my opinion is adding too many titles at one go! I'm sure you agree. Either way, i was just giving my view on the release dates. I see your patient, when i'm extremely impatient. I don't care what people think about me on here, but i am allowed an opinion just as much as you and everyone else is! ;)

Overall? NOE posted a Q2 release list, that most people thought was absolute shit. Others don't care, some do...I respect the people who have the patience to wait and don't see any wrong in Nintendo Of Europe release list this time round, like i said in another post, it's only Super Paper Mario which is annoying the hell out of me Teppo! :D

EDIT: Scarface is out July 6th 2007 in Europe! That should be good. July is starting to get more games in it, then ever before, i remember the days when we got '0'. Hopefully Paper Mario makes July as well.

Q3 should look pretty good though. Trauma Center, Manhunt 2, Big Brain Academy, Mario Party 8, Super Paper Mario, Scarface, Harry Potter, Pokémon Battle Revolution.

Q3 should look pretty good though. Trauma Center, Manhunt 2, Big Brain Academy, Mario Party 8, Super Paper Mario, Scarface, Harry Potter, Pokémon Battle Revolution.

Q3 looks very good indeed.

Q3 looks very good indeed.

I wouldn't say that yet - Q3 is July, August and September, and unless NoE change a habit of a lifetime, we won't get very much, if anything, from them in the first two months. Even September was quiet last year.

I wouldn't say that yet - Q3 is July, August and September, and unless NoE change a habit of a lifetime, we won't get very much, if anything, from them in the first two months. Even September was quiet last year.

I was trying to be positive, :D

It's not too shabby. I'm sure will see Paper Mario, Trauma, Manhunt 2, Metroid Prime: Corruption, Mario Party 8, Big Brain Academy from July-September. There all going to be top games, i just wish we got a little more for April-July, but hey! I can't change Nintendo's release list now sadly.....

Harry Potter is out in Q2. And isn't TC due June (26th rings a bell).