N-Europe

Do you think it's working?

xernobyl

"Playing is Believing". Do you think it's working?

I think it's working. Everywhere I see a poll about next gen consoles (non gaming related) Wii is winning. I've seen a lot of people saying they're gonna buy it just because they played it and enjoyed, like a friend of mine that said he's going to buy one after some minutes playing Wii Sports.

Well its mainly nintendo fans buying the console at the minute as theyre always the early adopters, give it a year when they start bringin out the kind of things like the ds touch generations software and sales will take off big time, at least i hope, want it to catch up with 360 real quick.

Far, far too early to tell.

Although, people have been reporting on here that their families are really getting into the Wii, especially WiiSports.

The potential is there.

I think Wii Sports has the potential to be the equivalent of Brain Training on the DS, it could be what changes people's idea of gaming

I think Wii Sports has the potential to be the equivalent of Brain Training on the DS, it could be what changes people's idea of gaming

I would say that Wii Sports has more potential than Brain Training. Particularly because there's a certain fun factor with Wii Sports. Brain Training was a more intellectual thing, imo. But, then again, two different audiences.

Saying that, there needs to be other titles like Wii Sports AND Brain Training down the line to appeal to both crowds. If they can release a successor to Wii Sports, make it cheaper than an average Wii title (like brain training for the ds), then I do believe it will take off.

if it wasnt for zelda, the launch would of been pretty shit as far as i'm concerned. Wii sports gets pretty boring if no ones around.

have to agree with you there, there was a high number of titles, but the quality was poor.

There wasnt many 2nd choice games after Zelda = Red steel which got mixed reviews maybe, super monkey ball and rayman were average and there was a number of really sub- par titles.

Wii Sports is a nice touch to show of the controller, but theres no real lasting fun in 1 player and not enough of a game to keep multiplayer gamers amused for long periods of time imo.

Unless Ninty get some real killer titles pushed out swiftly, people are gonna get fed up and then start picking up those xbox 360s with the increasing library of games with real depth.

There wasnt much in the channels to begin with and the only 2 vc titles ive bought were suepr mario 64 and golden axe.

My brother was shitting on the Wii all day Friday and Saturday. On Sunday he finally picked up a controller and is now pretty much begging me to play Wii Sports Tennis with him at every opportunity he gets.

Regarding the launch, yes it would have been terrible without Zelda but you'd all have still bought one anyway. In my opinion Zelda justifies the £180 on it's own.

Far, far too early to tell.

Although, people have been reporting on here that their families are really getting into the Wii, especially WiiSports.

The potential is there.

Along those lines; my assistant manager was telling me him, his roomie and others went out last night. His roomie pulled someone and when they got home he went upstairs for whatever reason. When he came back down my assistant manager and the girl were playing Wii Sports. He said they should go upstairs and she said nah she was having too much fun.

Thus Wii>One night stands.

Along those lines; my assistant manager was telling me him, his roomie and others went out last night. His roomie pulled someone and when they got home he went upstairs for whatever reason. When he came back down my assistant manager and the girl were playing Wii Sports. He said they should go upstairs and she said nah she was having too much fun.

Thus Wii>One night stands.

lol in the words of the quake 3 announcer. HUMILATION! :grin:

I definitely think Playing = Believing is working. Heck, Seeing = Believing if enough to get people want a Wii. Yesterday a female friend asked me what a Wii was, after she saw my nickname in MSN. I told her a bit about it.

"Sound like fun"

I show her one of wii.com's videos and she replies "I want one too!"

Wow, that's a quick sale for Nintendo. If I would get 1 euro for convincing someone to buy a Wii, I would have made quite a nice buck already. Hahaha.

Now if Nintendo can finally feed the Wii-hungry folks all around the world by the end of 2006, then everybody can have a Merry Christmas :P

The concept is working, all it requires now is for the developers to get some inspiration for what the controller is capable of and act on it....

If they can learn from the myriad of past marketing mistakes and that dont give a shit attitude they all too often display, they have it in the bag imho.

Things arn't looking too rosy in NZ I'm afraid. People are walking out of shops with Xbox 360s and PS2s. At the moment we only have 4 games to choose from (5 including Wii sports) so I guess thats 2 more than what we had when the N64 launched. I worry about the NZ market, bugger all advertising still. Nintendo have missed the Xmas boat over here. Such a shame. It could be that no machines are available here as only 5000 were allocated. I'm sure things will pick up in 2006 when people will have more money to spend without having to worry about Xmas pressies.

I do think that people underestimate the Wii until they actually play it.

A few mins ago, my friend just left our house. He said that he wanted me to show him this new Nintendo console, so I did. We created a Mii of him, which was fun. I showed him the message board and address book, and he was quite impressed.

Then, WiiSports. He was interested in tennis and boxing, and was actually pretty good at bollowing. He got a strike on his first go. (he's a damn good bowler).

But yeah, he enjoyed it. It's a whole new experience. :)

What Nintendo have to do is get as many people trying out the Wii as possible. If people try it out first, they'll be more inclined to buy it. Demo pods, roadshows, things like that are the key here.

A guy who works in a video store near where I live overheard me talking to a friend on my phone and then kept asking me questions about it, it took me ages to get out of there.

This console seems to have stirred up more curiosity than hype.

I'm surprised how many people are interested in the Wii. I've been talking to people, who would have taken the piss if I said I had a gamecube, about the Wii and they all want to know if it's as good as they think it is. I can safely say yes :p

Haha yeah i get that at work too. Got the piss taken out of me for years for having a GameCube, but those same people keep asking me about the Nintendo Wii :p.