Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

The Legend of Zelda:Twilight Princess

Hero-of-Time

I think your theory stands quite strong as Ganondorf actually managed to get the Triforce in Child Link's time already. Remember that Ganondorf was given access to the Sacred Realm by Link pulling the Master Sword out of the pedestal for the first time - he slipped in right after Link was stored in the Room of the Sages. When Link warps back to Child Link time, he goes back seven years exactly, not to the exact moment Link pulls out the Master Sword. That means the days you have spend adventuring as Adult Link also pass in Child Link time, even though you're not there. Therefore, by the time Adult Link gets warped back at end of the game, Ganondorf has already escaped with the Triforce of Power in Child Link's time.

That's an excellent point. Never even considered that.

I still wonder why the Sages were so "WTF?" when he started going berserk when he was chained to the stone. They mentioned how by some divine prank he had also been blessed by the Power of the Gods indicating they were pretty suprised to discover this. You'd think as Sages they'd know what he was capable of if he'd already nicked himself the Triforce of Power.

Didn't anyone check it was missing?

---

With regard to the timeline theories, I just stick to anything after Ocarina. Anything before it doesn't seem to have been made with much regard to a larger timeline. Nintendo have probably never gone public with one because they simply didn't consider it outside of the games they say are linked. Like how Link's Awakening is said to take place after A Link to the Past, right?

With Ocarina they seem to have started a brand spanking new timeline which to me has now been concluded with Wind Waker and Twilight Princess. Time to start anew, Nintendo. You can't keep on clinging to Ocarina's legacy forever.

Basically this (now complete) timeline theory goes:

Ocarina of time splits into two at the end. The ending when Ganon is sealed away in the Sacred Realm in a world where Link no longer exists as Zelda has sent him back to being a child so he can grow up.

Wind Waker occurs in this Adult timeline, with the SAME Ganondorf eventually escaping and Hyrule being flooded to keep it from him. At the end of the game, Link and Zelda's descendant Tetra (annoying pirate winking bitch) defeat Ganondorf but at the King's spirit's will Hyrule is lost forever. Link and Tetra set out to find a new Hyrule. This concludes the Adult timeline.

The Child Timeline sees Link returning as a child to a time before Ganondorf's betrayal. He warns the King of Ganondorf's intentions and the scene of his attempted execution plays out. The Sages assume that Ganondorf, despite having the Triforce of Power is sealed forever and Link leaves to search for Navi.

During this search, the three days of Majora's Mask occur and afterwards Link is able to return to Hyrule where some other stuff probably happens, but he is able to live out his life and assumedly dies. Hundreds of years pass and Twilight Princess begins with Ganondorf having found Zant and using him from within the Twilight to engineer a return to Hyrule.

He and Zant are defeated and the threat he posed is gone. Midna returns to the Twili to rule them but severs the ties between the worlds of Light and Dark for good. The Child Link timeline is concluded.

---

Seems Phantom Hourglass will give the Adult timeline it's second game as a sequel to Wind Waker. Should be interesting what story developments arise from this title. Hopefully it won't have Ganondorf in it though, or that will mess everything up.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, I think it is Tim. Also, MM is supposedly supposed to be with child Link.

And I am going to ask you this: Who is cooler Majora or Ganon?

I liked the concept of Majora and certainly liked Majora's Mask, but the final boss was stupid. I would love to get more background in that story, though, getting the info and making Majora the next 'Ganon' would be great.

That's an excellent point. Never even considered that.

I still wonder why the Sages were so "WTF?" when he started going berserk when he was chained to the stone. They mentioned how by some divine prank he had also been blessed by the Power of the Gods indicating they were pretty suprised to discover this. You'd think as Sages they'd know what he was capable of if he'd already nicked himself the Triforce of Power.

Didn't anyone check it was missing?

---

With regard to the timeline theories, I just stick to anything after Ocarina. Anything before it doesn't seem to have been made with much regard to a larger timeline. Nintendo have probably never gone public with one because they simply didn't consider it outside of the games they say are linked. Like how Link's Awakening is said to take place after A Link to the Past, right?

With Ocarina they seem to have started a brand spanking new timeline which to me has now been concluded with Wind Waker and Twilight Princess. Time to start anew, Nintendo. You can't keep on clinging to Ocarina's legacy forever.

Basically this (now complete) timeline theory goes:

Ocarina of time splits into two at the end. The ending when Ganon is sealed away in the Sacred Realm in a world where Link no longer exists as Zelda has sent him back to being a child so he can grow up.

Wind Waker occurs in this Adult timeline, with the SAME Ganondorf eventually escaping and Hyrule being flooded to keep it from him. At the end of the game, Link and Zelda's descendant Tetra (annoying pirate winking bitch) defeat Ganondorf but at the King's spirit's will Hyrule is lost forever. Link and Tetra set out to find a new Hyrule. This concludes the Adult timeline.

The Child Timeline sees Link returning as a child to a time before Ganondorf's betrayal. He warns the King of Ganondorf's intentions and the scene of his attempted execution plays out. The Sages assume that Ganondorf, despite having the Triforce of Power is sealed forever and Link leaves to search for Navi.

During this search, the three days of Majora's Mask occur and afterwards Link is able to return to Hyrule where some other stuff probably happens, but he is able to live out his life and assumedly dies. Hundreds of years pass and Twilight Princess begins with Ganondorf having found Zant and using him from within the Twilight to engineer a return to Hyrule.

He and Zant are defeated and the threat he posed is gone. Midna returns to the Twili to rule them but severs the ties between the worlds of Light and Dark for good. The Chidl timeline is concluded.

Again that sounds completely plausible but I don't see why you need to sever links with other games? Minish Cap takes place at the very beginning, Phantom Hourglass after Wind Waker...

I'm sure you can find a place for LOZ,AOL,ALTTP, LA etc..?

I liked the concept of Majora and certainly liked Majora's Mask, but the final boss was stupid. I would love to get more background in that story, though, getting the info and making Majora the next 'Ganon' would be great.

The final boss was pretty awful in MM agreed. It's a shame really.

I liked the Majora's Wrath section a lot though, especially the music at the very beginning when it turns into him. Very nice.

Okay, you gonna back that up with an argument?

Link's Appearances

The Legend of Zelda

In the The Legend of Zelda that started it all, Link is a brave hero who decides to save Hyrule and Zelda from the clutches of the evil Ganon. In this game, he collects the pieces of the Triforce of Wisdom and battles Ganon in the final battle of the game. After almost 20 years after its release, Link's original adventure still holds up and is the basis to all other Zelda games and storylines.

The Adventure of Link

In The Adventure of Link, which is a quite different game then the original, in that it featured side-scrolling gampeplay rather than the overhead view used in The Legend of Zelda, Link returns to again rescue Princess Zelda as he travels once more across the land of Hyrule to collect the pieces of the Triforce of Courage. At the same time, he also does battle with Ganon's minions who are in the process of trying to revive the evil king. (This hero is considered to be the same one from The Legend of Zelda)

A Link to the Past

In A Link to the Past, Link is telepathically contacted to Zelda, who is imprisoned in the castle. After finding three pendants, he finds his way to the Lost Woods, where the Master Sword waits. Using the Master Sword, he travels from Hyrule to the Golden Realm, which had become a twisted, evil place with Ganon's touch. Awakening the seven descendants of the Sages {7 beautiful maidens} (Seven Wise Men), he uses their power to destroy Ganon.

Link's Awakening

In Link's Awakening, Link is on a sea voyage to test his skills. He comes across a deadly sea storm which leaves him stranded on a mysterious island where he must begin a quest to awaken the Wind Fish and defeat its nightmares. (This hero is considered to be the same one from The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past)

Ocarina of Time

In what is considered to be the most epic game of the series, Ocarina of Time was the first game to bring Link into 3D. After unsuccessfully saving the life of the Great Deku Tree from a curse placed by Ganondorf, Link embarks on an adventure across time to find the six sages of Hyrule and banish Ganondorf into the Sacred Realm. Bringing many new elements into the series, this game marked the first time Link rode horseback and had a traveling companion in the form of his fairy, Navi.

Majora's Mask

In the direct sequel to Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Link departs to the Lost Woods looking for his companion, Navi. Finding his way into the alternate dimension of Termina, he takes on the task of saving the people of the world from total destruction at the hands of a falling moon. With such an apocalyptic aura, this game is Link's darkest journey yet. (This hero is the same one from The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time)

Oracle of Seasons

In Oracle of Seasons, Link is a young teenager, who was summoned by the Triforce to save the land of Holodrum. Like many other 2D Zelda games, he acquires different tools and weapons to complete his quest. However, this game is more action-oriented than puzzle-oriented.

Oracle of Ages

In Oracle of Ages, Link is also a young teenager, who was summoned by the Triforce to save the land of Labrynna. Like many other 2D Zelda games, he aquires different tools and weapons to complete his quest. However, this is more of a puzzle-oriented game, so the amount of puzzles and fights is more balanced than in OoS. (This hero is considered to be the same one from The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons)

The Wind Waker

Link, as seen in The Wind Waker, is a completely different Link when compared to the Links of the past with his newest and most different look yet in the series. In this game, what begins as a quest to sail across the sea to save his sister later turns into another fantastic quest to save the world from Ganondorf and his evil intentions.

The Four Swords

In Four Swords, when Link takes the sword, he is divided into 4(Green, Blue, Red and Purple), and they need to rescue the hylian knights and the maidens from the power of the final boss, the powerful sorcerer Vaati.

Four Swords Adventures

The Minish Cap

In The Minish Cap Link lives with his uncle and is good friends with Princess Zelda. He goes with her to the Picori Festival where Vaati attacks and turns her in to stone. Link meets an odd talking cap that resembles a bird, Ezlo, who can help him shrink to the size of the Minish. Link must infuse the four elements into the Picori Blade (the Four Sword). Once he has the Four Sword he can save Pirncess Zelda and seal Vaati away.

Twilight Princess

In Twilight Princess, Link is a teenager who has been raised as a wrangler outside of Hyrule territory in Ordon Village. His friend, Rusl, request that Link go in his place to deliver a sword he has made to the Hyrule Royal Family. Before Link can go on this journey, his village is attacked by King Bublin. Link is knocked unconcious and all the children are kidnapped. When Link awakens he wanders into a darkness and gets pulled into a twilight realm. Once in the twilight realm, rather than becoming an unaware spirit like everyone else, he transforms into a wolf. He is captured until an imp-creature Midna comes to his aid. She helps him escape and get back to the light realm. Link must journey to save the childeren of Ordon Village and eventually save the entire Land of Hyrule from the mysterious Twilight.

Phantom Hourglass

The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass takes place months after the end of the Wind Waker, with the Hero of Winds. Link is sailing along with Tetra, when their boat is shipwrecked, separating Link and Tetra. Link wakes on an Island by a fairy and they set on a journey to find Tetra. Not much is known about Link's journey in this game at this time. (This hero is considered to be the same one from The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)

General Knowledge

LoZ and AoL center around the same Hero.

ALttP and LA center around the same Hero, and precede LoZ/AoL.

OoT and MM center around the same Hero, and precede ALttP/LA.

TP stars the newest Hero, and succeeds OoT.

OoS and OoA center around the same hero.

TWW and PH center around the same hero, and succeeds OoT.

TMC, FS, and FSA occur in that order, and are part of the timeline.

Zelda:TP Ganon

The Master Sword is important, to Hyrule, to the Hero who wields it, and even to Ganon. In fact, in TWW, Ganon goes far out of his way to ensure the MS cannot be used against him. Yet in TP, he gives the MS no regard calling it "an impressive looking blade... nothing more". Could the Ganon who was utterly defeated by the MS in OOT really disregard the Blade of Evil's Bane in this way?

TP occurs in the child timeline, where OOT's Ganon remained unfamiliar with the Master Sword

So the two timeline goes like this:

1st timeline (Adult): TMC-FS-OoT-MM-TWW-PH-Alttp-LA-OoA-OoS-LOZ-AOL

2nd timeline (Child): TMC-FS-OoT-TP-FSA

I don't get it. Why are there two timelines?

I completed TP yesterday, and I have to say, it was bloody amazing. The end battle felt much more epic than the one in OoT or WW. My only complaint is the length of the dungeon before the main battle. And the music at the end battle in OoT was superior. Loved it. Quite simply one of the greatest games I have played, but it still has it's flaws. But nothing can beat Link's Awakening or Chrono Trigger for me.

I see there is still as much friendly debating as ever :heh:

There's no way to prove the proper timeline but someone people do make good theories,and it's always good to read.

I just thought that Ganon didn't recognise the MS cause TP was after the child ending and only the gods/spirits knew about the hero.

About the timeline, all this about "2 timelines, one child, one adult", I think it's a load of trash, why? Because if Link did go back in time and warn Zelda, that would cause a time paradox, destroying the universe. Also, Zelda in the future said that Link would have to leave the past into another land as soon as possible so he didn't come across his future self!

About the timeline, all this about "2 timelines, one child, one adult", I think it's a load of trash, why? Because if Link did go back in time and warn Zelda, that would cause a time paradox, destroying the universe. Also, Zelda in the future said that Link would have to leave the past into another land as soon as possible so he didn't come across his future self!

you do understand that no one knows for sure how time "works" right? Even if it's like you say, think of the future timeline as a what if.

I personally think that in the younger timeline there is only one game and that's Majora's Mask. Everything with Ganon and triforce is in the future timeline, where he grabbed hold of the Triforce. All other thoughts are rubbish, since Ganondorf cannot enter the realm if Link haden't pulled the sword out of it's plug, and when he returns in time he plugsthe sword back in, thus sealing the entrance and prohibiting Ganondorf from grabbing hold of the Triforce. Now stop with those two timelines and posts that are longer than an ten-year old's letter to Santa! It's annoying. Certainly when you're scrolling and somebody quoted the goddamn post that's longer than jailtime for a rapist..

Jasper you're changing your mind again!

You've been saying non stop that you hate the multiple timelines theory and think there's only one. Yet now you're saying there are two?

Oh and you don't like reading long timeline posts then don't. Your posts are usually pretty drawn out yourself.

I personally think that in the younger timeline there is only one game and that's Majora's Mask. Everything with Ganon and triforce is in the future timeline, where he grabbed hold of the Triforce. All other thoughts are rubbish, since Ganondorf cannot enter the realm if Link haden't pulled the sword out of it's plug, and when he returns in time he plugsthe sword back in, thus sealing the entrance and prohibiting Ganondorf from grabbing hold of the Triforce. Now stop with those two timelines and posts that are longer than an ten-year old's letter to Santa! It's annoying. Certainly when you're scrolling and somebody quoted the goddamn post that's longer than jailtime for a rapist..

Ganondorf doesn't need to enter the Sacred Realm to get hold of the Triforce. Link didn't need to go in there to get his piece in Twilight Princess, he was obviously chosen by the Gods and simply had it. Ganondorf recieved his piece in the exact same way - because he was destined to wield it.

The Triforce appears on your hand unlit if you possess it. Ganondorf did not possess the Triforce before the sages held him prisoner for execution. It appears just as he's dying and even the sages then say "Yet... by some divine prank he too had been blessed with the chosen power of the gods."

Doesn't sound like he did any Triforce stealing to me. It was given to him, just as the Triforce of Courage was given to Link. Why? Nobody knows why the Goddesses did it, but the fact of the matter is they did. Clearly the sages don't know either, as they refer to the gift as a prank.

Do you really think someone with that amount of power would have allowed himself to be taken prisoner in the first place? He was only able to escape because of it.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!