N-Europe

The Legend of Zelda:Twilight Princess

Hero-of-Time

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

All the temples have been kind of easy, IMHO. Maybe I'm just too used to Zelda temples, but the only one that had me scratching my head a bit was the Lakebed Temple. I really like the Snowpeak House, it brings a breath of fresh air to the Zelda series, by actually making a bit of sense, in stead of just being an excuse for (brilliant) puzzles.

One thing I'm finding, also, is that the Temples are rather small... Maybe my memory is fuzzy, but I'd say the N64 (both OoT and MM) temples were bigger than the GC temples (WW and TP).

Guest Stefkov
I have posted the Zelda: Phantom Hourglass soundtrack in the handheld discussion but i might as well post it in here as well.

Cheers Dante. This is getting me right in the mood for more Zelda.

I was humming/whistling the OOT Hyrule overworld tune etc yesterday and felt a great urge to go and play it. I really did just want to go and sit down and play it.

On the discussion of WW sailing and TP horseriding I will say the WW sailing felt like it meant more. It was an essential part of the game which I loved. Hopping onto the boat and setting sail was just amazing.

The horse riding in TP was just to get you places imo. Just like the train in GTA, no real fun in it. Apart from swinging your sword while on (epona). That was a great new addition.

I have posted the Zelda: Phantom Hourglass soundtrack in the handheld discussion but i might as well post it in here as well.

That link made my day. Not so much due to the PH soundtrack, but rather because of the TP soundrack I found there. Finally managed to find the music you hear after having beaten a boss and before leaving the dungeon again (a somewhat 'relaxed' version of Midna's theme).

nah id rather choose for a Twilight princess style then WW ,

and riding on epona i loved it sailing was kinda boring for me in ww

but wat they could do is just have two teams for two zeldas like another windwaker and a realistic zelda ( twilight princess style )

that is something i really would apreciate but if they are going to make another windwaker i'm skipping it for sure

Finally finished this about a week a go. On the whole I very much preferred Wind Waker. TP is still a real wonder, but not I think a guaranteed classic like the most of the rest of the Zelda series. The last two bosses do leave a very pleasant taste in the mouth though, and I thought the mountain/ice dungeon was a wonderfully classy and charming piece of design and story telling.

Midna is also a wonderful, personable character which will endure in the memory for years to come. I think possibly the best element of the whole game.

So, not the very best but still with moments of unremitting genius. May the Legend endure for many more games to come.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!