N-Europe

Wii Connects to Nintendo VIP

Ashley

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Stefkov
It seems that not everyone got the same amount of points for the same software or even hardware.

I didnt get points for RedSteel, some did. Eunuh and Wildo only got half as many points for their Wii as most others did.

Hmmm....

I didtn get any for Red Steel. I thought exclusives you got stars for them.. I must be thinking that then.

I got 500 for the wii and 250 for zelda, wii sports and wii play.

so what is the link between stars and wii points? is there a connection?
Read the thread please.

I'm not gonna hold my breath past Friday on this, they want to capitalise on first week sales.. people experimenting- impulse buys the rest.

They're not gonna unleash free games until people have bought what they want out of the first batch.

My theory is they'll unlock the second wave of VC titles (sub par selection), let people blow their wads of stars on the new purchases that they wouldn't have bought otherwise.

Then they will start releasing some other games. (Ocarina)

I too got 500 for Wii and 250 for Wii Sports. And 250 for Zelda. They should give stars on aching arms as well - you go to a GP and have it officially diagnosed, then your GP issues a code.

Another suggestion to Nintendo is, release a big VC game in the morning on 25th... people would be feeling generous that morning and it'd be profittable :santa:

I wouldn't be surprised if 1 star = 1 point.

I've only got about 4,000 stars, without spending any, since the Gamecube launch day.

That means I could only get 4 n64 games or 5 mega-drive games with all my stars, then they'd all be gone - never to get me a rare t-shirt or any of that stuff.

Is Wales really that different a part of the UK now that we get half points?!

Wii UK Tour - England, Scotland, Ireland. Nothing in Wales. Perhaps Nintendo have that EU map that they made (the one where they forgot to put Wales on)

Well I sent a mail to Nintendo Belgium to ask about the difference in star points (some people getting only 250), and they sent me a mail back saying that there'd been technical problems and that my star point total should be changed in one of the upcoming days. We'll just have to wait and see now. Not sure they're gonna automatically change it for everyone though.

Well I have taken a leaf out of Enunh's book and emailed Nintendo about the lack of stars in RedSteel.

Here's what I sent:

Dear Nintendo,

I would like to enquire as to whether the Wii exclusive game Red Steel, by Ubisoft, includes VIP stars to be redeemed on http://www.nintendo.co.uk.

I purchased this game on December 8th, along with a Wii console, Zelda: Twilight Princess, Wii Play and an extra nunchuk, from GAME’s flagship store on Dawson Street in Dublin. I received VIP stars for the console, Wii Sports, Wii Play and Zelda but didn’t receive any in the Red Steel box.

Should there have been stars in the game?

Many thanks

I'll post their response.

The thread topic is "Wii Connects to Nintendo VIP" BUT how? I mean mine didn't..?

And also: Should there be stars included in Zelda Twilight Princess - Wii Version? Because I can't find some...

And as far as I see the Wii console itself also didn't have stars included...?

Only Wii Play had some included..? Maybe because I bought Zelda and the Wii in Austria but Wii Play over amazon.de ?

EDIT: I solved the connect with VIP thing (needed to change country to Germany therefore) BUT still I can't find my stars-cards for Zelda and Wii... And at least Zelda has been assembled in Germany so there should be stars (although I bougth it in Austria shouldn't there be?)...