NEurope
Nintendork

1 day to go!

yep I reckon I will still be sat in my front room, face pressed against the window looking for the post man.

I wish I hadn't developed this strange distrust of the royal mail....

I hear you man, I hear you. Let it all out. RM and I don't see face-to-face anymore lol

I stayed after work today and played on the Wii and Wii sports for 30mins..

Cant say that I was too impressed...the Wii couldnt even read what I was doing properly...the ball on wii bowling kept swerving to the right, no matter how i bowled it....i hit the ball in wii baseball about 1 out of 4 times, and would get a foul each time. I couldnt even hit the golf ball in Wii golf because it didnt seem to recognise my swing at all...im really disappointed........ the menus are difficult to navigate and typing on the screen is really hard and slow.. at the moment, it is the least impressive console i have ever played. I would have felt gutted if I got that on release day.

For me, the Wii is going to suck if other games are like Wii sports..playing it was a nightmare and pointless. I havent given up on a game so quickly since Sonic Adventure DX on the Gamecube (remembers camera angles from hell). Oh yep, the graphics are soooo bad!

Sounds to me like it wasn't set up properly!

When I played yesterday it was brilliant - played the tennis and it recognised all the different shots and the rumble really made it feel like you were hitting something!

Also watched people play Golf and Tennis and the controller seemed to be recognising everything they did!

Sounds to me like it wasn't set up properly!

When I played yesterday it was brilliant - played the tennis and it recognised all the different shots and the rumble really made it feel like you were hitting something!

I didn't actually notice the rumble. As in, It just felt as I was hitting the ball. No annoyingly loud rumble noise, it just felt right.

"Sounds to me like it wasn't set up properly!"

They have it set up on a 40/50 inch HDTV with the sensor bar on the top. The cursor was having real issues and was jumping all over the place. I will pop in there later to have another try:)

i heard onthespot was doing a UK midnight launch show on thursday night

WOOOOO 6 DAYS REMAINING

i heard onthespot was doing a UK midnight launch show on thursday night

WOOOOO 6 DAYS REMAINING

NO

there's..... 5 days 12 hours and 38 minutes.

woolies, pay rates crap, but staff discounts is great

the console and the cable are both 10% off of each

and the games where preorded during a special employee discount day to which entertainment goods where discounted @ 20%, sadly moronic manager didn't put my name down for a wii on that day (but he did on the games) otherwise i would have got £36 off the wii, BUT i have been assured they will do this special day again just before the PS3 launch so i should get £85 off the ps3 60gb vr bargain!

Oh, they looked like bigger discounts than that to me, you get better in GAME :p, unless they changed it in the past year. They give 10% off consoles, 30% off games, 25% off accessories, it's at times like this I wish I still worked there :(

Speaking of work, I'm off!

Vigin is nothing off the console (as the markups are so tight) but the games and accesories you get 30% off.

Who cares when you make £600 off a premium 360 because the most rushed launch ever.

4 more shifts to go until my Wiikend. :)

Just looked around Ebay, and I crapped myself laughing:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-Nintendo-Wii-GAME-REMOTE-CONTROLLER-HARD-TO-FIND_W0QQitemZ110063208677QQihZ001QQcategoryZ91509QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Going for 59 of your British pounds.

It seems even God-fearing people aren't averse to ripping people off. The same seller has a bunch more at £32 each as well (not including shipping).

Who in their right mind would pay more money for an import controller when they can get one from the local shops and websites for £30 at most? Or even from places like Play Asia and VGP for even cheaper (providing you can dodge HM customs).

Another seller (again from the good ol' USA) offers a Wiimote and nunchuck for "only" £79.99 (and £7 shipping).

I think there are more wii-play bundles than controllers. I pre-ordered mine from hmv as soon as they were avaialble and they still ran out of stock,. Guess nintend want everyone to buy wiii play instead.

lol at the ebay guys sig jesus.gif

I hear you man, I hear you. Let it all out. RM and I don't see face-to-face anymore lol

I'm glad I'm not the only one

I think there are more wii-play bundles than controllers. I pre-ordered mine from hmv as soon as they were avaialble and they still ran out of stock,. Guess nintend want everyone to buy wiii play instead.

lol at the ebay guys sig jesus.gif

yeah at work (hmv) we are getting 30 wii plays but only 6 wiimotes on their own...

lol at the ebayer's sig indeed. I guess he didn't see anything against ripping people off in the Bible.

(Just so everyone knows, I believe in God and respect all faiths - I just don't respect the people who are up their own arses.)

Yeah, I ordered a Wii Play bundle and a couple of extra controllers online at Woolworths, just in case. I have a sneaking feeling that finding Wii Play and controllers in the local shops on launch day will be nigh on impossible.

Ah well, at least my Gameplay bundle (Wii, Zelda, Rayman, VC card) is guaranteed for launch day. :) That's the important thing.

wow wii play will only be an extra $5 at target here in australia, so i may have to pick that up if i can find it.

..I'm still waiting on a call from GAME (and I get the feeling it isn't gonna come) telling me whether I get it on friday morning or if I have to wait until they get more stock in before Christmas..

PLEASE be friday.. if I don't get the call, I'm gonna have to go in on friday morning to try to get one and I really don't want to come out disappointed..

I'm number 17 out of 101 and ordered on the day they started taking them but I still have a feeling i'm gonna get screwed over

First post in this forum. Only 5 days left. Rainy day. Hungry. What a day :D

Ups and downs...I hope I'll get a Wii at Media Markt (uhuhuhu a german xD). Can't wait anymore :( I want to play Wii Sports...Wii Play...Far Cry: Vengeance...Zelda :(

Maybe I'll ask if I can pre-order it at my store...If I have time to do so...

4 days, not quite sure where the time has gone... I can see me being one of the last getting theirs on Friday thanks to Royal Mail.

..I'm still waiting on a call from GAME (and I get the feeling it isn't gonna come) telling me whether I get it on friday morning or if I have to wait until they get more stock in before Christmas..

PLEASE be friday.. if I don't get the call, I'm gonna have to go in on friday morning to try to get one and I really don't want to come out disappointed..

Did you try ringing them?

yeay! 4 days to go. I'm also still waiting on a call from GAME, (they said they would call me when the wii i pre-ordered was in) that should be the 6th or 7th of December although i'm not really shure that they are going to call at all

Woohoo! Received my Wii on Saturday and have been playing it all weekend. It's so good, Wii Sports is a very clever game, I was surprised how well some of the game mechanis worked. Zelda is just pure awesomeness and the controls just come so naturally that you don't want to be doing it any other way.

Guys, it really was worth the wait and I'm sure you'll all agree with me come Friday. :)