NEurope
darthbane2k

The european Wii launch is looking to be a MESS

This is not about HD at all,

Without flaming me, please try this test

try to test a SD signal on an HDTV without component progressive scan.

The result is a blurrry soft image that is WORSE than SD going through a SD TV.

Please check the facts before attempting to flame me or kiss the arsehole of people such as Yoshiking

I'm not kissing arse at all, and I've seen plenty of pics of people playing on HDTV's without component cables, gamespot live when they got theirs were playing on a HDTV with the cables out of the box...

I'm not kissing arse at all, and I've seen plenty of pics of people playing on HDTV's without component cables, gamespot live when they got theirs were playing on a HDTV with the cables out of the box...

Im sorry but mere pictures cannot demonstrate how terrible this will look. Like I said, if you dont go down the component progressive scan route then SD signals on a HDTV will look worse than SD on SD.

If you have a funking HD TV count yourselves lucky you ungrateful shits. (assuming you didn't work really hard to buy it yourself)

You'll get your component cable in a few weeks.

Live with composite, or play on a different TV.

See my post above. this isnt as simple as HD vs SD - An SD image on a HDTV that doesnt run in progressive scan (via component) will look worse than a conventional SD picture on a SD TV. Text in zelda will be blurry and soft.

Furthermore this delay also affects RGB scart cables too - so SD TV owners will not recieve the optimum picture from their wiis.

It's only a mess to you and people with only HDTVs....Cathode ray tubes are so obviously superior ;) They can play Duck Hunt for starters :heh:

Im sorry but mere pictures cannot demonstrate how terrible this will look. Like I said, if you dont go down the component progressive scan route then SD signals on a HDTV will look worse than SD on SD.

I'm taking about gamespot live video when they physically had the machine and were playing it, saying it looked good and people were sending in live questions asking what it looked like and they said it was fine.

No. I just don't give a shit that I have to use composite for a few weeks.

Just because Matt gets to be a poser doesn't mean we need to hear it from you again.

matt-blog-20061109015349323.jpg

Wierd, Amazon are getting me my RGB cable for launch according to them.

Me too... hopefully...

Yeah....You can always import them if u REALLY want them guys :heh:

Order them now n they should be here near the 8th.

Yeah....You can always import them if u REALLY want them guys :heh:

Order them now n they should be here near the 8th.

Text in signatures cannot be greater than size 3 font (VB sized font and not HTML sized font) and can not be more then 2 lines long (more allowed if no pic).

No. I just don't give a shit that I have to use composite for a few weeks.

Just because Matt gets to be a poser doesn't mean we need to hear it from you again.

matt-blog-20061109015349323.jpg

Anyone ever told you that you are a real arsehole?

f**king primadonna.

It's only a mess to you and people with only HDTVs....Cathode ray tubes are so obviously superior ;) They can play Duck Hunt for starters :heh:

Granted, its mainly a problem for HDTV users, as SD text in a game is often blurry and damn near illegable on a HDTV if not progressive scan. However RGB scart for SD users is a damn sight better than componant. The difference is like night and day.

Anyhow - Im sure there will be some 3rd party manufacturers who will be willing to take advantage of this delay.

Its all good if we all get wii.

I 70% sure Game are doing their own brand versions, as im sure lots of other companies will do. "Not as good as official"blahblahblah but if you're so fussed get one to tide you over.

well i've got my fingers crossed for getting a component cable at lauch, it's either that or make my own, either way i'm not even setting up my wii till i can get 480p

i pre-ordered component cables from play.com ages ago... my order still says pre-ordered. i hope they wont be delayed, i REFUSE to play Zelda via composite.

Look guys, theres no proof that this is the case. Game have messed around with dates like this many times

Considering Red Steel is apparently progressive only...it really isnt likely

Granted, its mainly a problem for HDTV users, as SD text in a game is often blurry and damn near illegable on a HDTV if not progressive scan. However RGB scart for SD users is a damn sight better than componant. The difference is like night and day.

Well my Cube looks fine on Component. I might pick up a 3rd party one if there is one though.

Truth is. Nintendo make consoles and games for the consoles.

Yes when they make a game for their console they know how to get the best out of it.. because they engineered it.

I don't understand this argument that because Nintendo make the console that effectively makes them gods of wires also. Because they understand the technology (blah blah indeed Ashley)

End of the day a third party cable will probably come from a similar if not the same factory. If the GAME RGB cable is cheaper by more than a couple of quid I'll get that.

There are production problems because Nintendo probably isn't making them in house.

while i don't agree the launch is going to turn out a 360 style mess... i DO agree that hooking up to any large LCD/PLASMA plasma panel with composite will suck balls big time.

anyone who doesn't think it makes a difference is in one of the following groups

1: partially sighted

2: in possesion of a SDTV and ignorant of the difference

3: in possesion of an HDTV but too stupid to make the best of it.

it's a dirty secret of HDTV that if you hook up a 480i signal it will look far worse than the same signal on an SDTV.

couple that with the fact that composite is by far and away the worst option to hook up to the screen REGARDLESS of the type of TV and, well, you have the worst of all worlds if you hook up a wii to an hdtv with composite.

it's a let down for sure....

what i really can;t understand is all the people who buy a console and don't want to make the most of it's abilities - even just using a decent scart cable is like night and day compared to the cables you get out of the box.

this concept applies whether you are talking about ps3, 360, or wii... you really owe it to yourself to get the best image out of your machine.

it's a let down that nintendo can;t get these into stores on time... but it doesn't f-up the whole launch.

....however... if the news that red steel requires the 480p option to run on a pal wii is true... well they better have the cables.

I thought most of you guys didn't care about the graphics?

Whos talking about graphics? we are talking about picture clarity here!

If you got a s freeview box for example and you had the choice to watch a clearer picture by buying a different cable to hook it up to your tv ... would you?

Just wondering....when did SD signals look worse on HDTVs. If anything, standard SD signals look better on HDTVs...At least, they do on my TV at home...

Just wondering....when did SD signals look worse on HDTVs. If anything, standard SD signals look better on HDTVs...At least, they do on my TV at home...

Same here :)

My samsung tv displays Standard Def INCREDIBLY well

when you put them thru a composite cable!