NEurope
darthbane2k

The european Wii launch is looking to be a MESS

launch will not be "MESSED UP" because of this cause 90% of people who buy the console dont have HD so it is only 10% messed up and 90% bloody awesome.

Majority rules.

Dont mean to be too anal, but its also a little messy for SDTV owners as they wont have RGB Scart cables (these too have been delayed)

RGB Scart >>>>>>>VERY MUCH>>>>>>>Composite

I hardly think a composite video signal can be described as "bloody awesome"

*Yawn*

I get tired of repeating myself, but i'll say it again..

THIS ISNT A CASE OF HD VS SD

THIS IS A CASE OF HDTVs LOOKING WORSE THAN SDTVs WHEN RUNNING A SD SIGNAL THROUGH COMPOSITE - hence the necessity for component cables.

I'm sorry... what?!

Im actually thinking this should now be moved to the video signals explained sticky thread.

Dear god no! King of Hyrules thread is brilliant and should never be tarnished by having this shitty moan of a thread merged with it!

Seriously Flinky, I would welcome a lock!

I'm sorry... what?!

Quit being so f***ing ignorant Twilight_Link and DO YOUR RESEARCH before questioning my comments

Quit being so f***ing ignorant Twilight_Link and DO YOUR RESEARCH before questioning my comments

I wasn't being ignorant - you're the one bad mouthing and over reacting (as far as I'm concerned)!

I was just pointing out the fact that you said it wasn't a matter of HD vs. SD then in the next sentence you say it's the fact that it'll look worse on HD than SD - completely contradicting your point!

i hate the title of this thread-it instills a sense of panic and chaos :(

i hate the title of this thread-it instills a sense of panic and chaos :(

yeah darthbane seems to enjoy instilling that panic upon people....

This is a disasterous launch in my opinion.

Very much like Xbox 360 (especially the cables situation, which plagued the 360 for MONTHS)

The 360 comes with a HD cable as standard (component), so what was this cable situation you speak of?

The core pack didn't.

Irrespective this is still making a meal out of a mole hill.

Darthbane on his crusade of criticism. The launch has a console, games and is reasonably priced.

If anything we should be whinging that the system is launching without a WiFi enabled game.. not over some stinking official cable which will be here in a couple of weeks (3rd party alternatives are available at launch)

The core pack didn't.

Irrespective this is still making a meal out of a mole hill.

Darthbane on his crusade of criticism. The launch has a console, games and is reasonably priced.

If anything we should be whinging that the system is launching without a WiFi enabled game.. not over some stinking official cable which will be here in a couple of weeks (3rd party alternatives are available at launch)

:laughing: would like to nod in agreement but don't wanna get accused of an unholy alliance again...

The 360 comes with a HD cable as standard (component), so what was this cable situation you speak of?

During the launch period there was a distinct lack of RGB and VGA cables on the shelves. Or so they say: I just walked into town and bought one from PC World...

I pre-ordered my component cable from Amazon a while back — only £15, you see — but if they don't come through for me at launch I'll just set the Wii up on the family TV downstairs; I want to see if my dad's golfing skills transpose to Wii Sports anyway.

I've never really been one for third-party products. I think it's mainly due to the N64 years where the official products were -always- better, but seeing as we all readily browse the internet these days it isn't hard to get educated opinions on cables and such if you look around.

AHHH HA!

Nintendo of Europe Emailed me back!

My Email said

Hi, im happy to be picking up a Wii next week and i was wondering if i

will be able to get a Wii Component Cable with my Wii as i have a HDTV and i hear that that they have been delayed!

So basicly all i want to know is are the Wii Component Cables gonna be

availible to pick up with my Wii console on December 8th!!!

Thanks

Chris

And Nintendo said

Dear Customer, thank you for your e-mail.

I do not believe so unless your retailer hasnt ordered any.

Kind regards,

Your Nintendo Team

darthbane is having a hissy fit because the component cables wont be available for launch!

darthbane is having a hissy fit because the component cables wont be available for launch!

Is that it? 6 Pages and he's still whining.

I was expecting something on a much grander scale. Jesus.

Well he's also had a go at any other person who has the audacity to tell him it really isn't that big a deal (couldn't fit that into 15 words :heh:), so its been directed at Nintendo and other members..... I'm now expecting some more abuse to come in my direction and possible your as well now Bookers!

He's got too much pride.. someone says he is wrong and he spacks out and starts telephoning people hassling them to back his original statements.

darthbane: HMV suck

everyone: err, no they don't

darthbane: HMV rule they confirmed me

everyone: whoopdee doo another thread

darthbane: omg it's the official launch

n-europe: no gamestation have the official launch

darthbane: omfg i phoned cake media and god

everyone: yes dear..

darthbane: omfg nintendo suck, i can't get a component

everyone: not that big of a deal

darthbane: shut up.

and so on.

Well he's also had a go at any other person who has the audacity to tell him it really isn't that big a deal (couldn't fit that into 15 words :heh:), so its been directed at Nintendo and other members..... I'm now expecting some more abuse to come in my direction and possible your as well now Bookers!

I welcome forum abuse. It's what makes forums exciting.

I'm sure third party component cables will arrive at launch, so we really shouldn't worry so much.

they didn't in the states

well im still pissed here because the Wii wont be available for launch.. but i can probably pick up the cables

I know we are all expecting the PAL Wii to support progressive scan, but has it definately been confirmed yet? :hmm:

I've gotta say, these arguments (more like, a certain someone's blatant stupidity and self contradiction) are hilarious.

He keeps saying this isn't a question of HD vs SD. Then he keeps saying that the Wii is gonna look shit in HD compared to SD. And, I mean, it's just.. Seriously, I actually laughed twice rather loud while reading the last page.

Also, I move to lock this.. Just like I did with his other thread. The whining must stop!

He's got too much pride.. someone says he is wrong and he spacks out and starts telephoning people hassling them to back his original statements.

darthbane: HMV suck

everyone: err, no they don't

darthbane: HMV rule they confirmed me

everyone: whoopdee doo another thread

darthbane: omg it's the official launch

n-europe: no gamestation have the official launch

darthbane: omfg i phoned cake media and god

everyone: yes dear..

darthbane: omfg nintendo suck, i can't get a component

everyone: not that big of a deal

darthbane: shut up.

and so on.

Oh just f**k off Nintendork - I cannot stand your bullshit any more, you are a complete arsehole. Your sarcastic remarks lack any wit and you are merely an attention seeking diva.

You are like a moth to a flame ,whenever I speak - whenever I launch a thread - you are there ready to troll, ready to flame.

YES I phone organisatons to VERIFY the infomation that has been provided to me.

Irrespective of your lame attempts to disregard everything I have said, OFFICIAL sources have backed up each and every one of my comments.

1) You claim n-europe claim that the official nintendo midnight wii launch events will be at Gamestation in Birmingham and Edinborough - I claim London. I mean why any company would choose THOSE cities over the capital is beyond me. I had HMV Oxford Street CONFIRM that they were hosting the OFFICIAL Nintendo event, and I had Nintendo verify this. I also had Nintendos PR people Cake Media verify this too who catagorically stated that "THE OFFICIAL LAUNCH WILL BE IN LONDON" , yet Nintendork continued to try and belittle me. I freaking well put Cake medias phone number on a thread and challenged Nintendork to call up and verify my infomation. he declined to do so - wonder why?!

2) HMV suck (although I didnt use that word) because I placed a pre order for a wii with a £30 deposit at the end of september, yet didnt let any customers know where they stood with those orders until a week before launch. I didnt think this was acceptable and any sane person would agree that my concerns were reasonable.

3) Yes it does suck that RGB Scart cables and component cables are not available at launch. Just because you are happy to play your Wii with a shitty blurry composite picture, doesnt mean others are. I want to be able to at least read the text on zelda clearly, so I dont think the requirement of these standard cables at launch is an unreasonable one. What I do think is unreasonable is Nintendos decision to send all Component cables originally bound for europe to the USA just to settle THEIR demand. WHAT ABOUT OUR DEMAND??!!

4) The only reason you have a problem with me Nintendork is because I seem to be the only person on this forum who has the balls to speak out over your attention seeking bullshit. Im not going to take any ish from you nor am I going to allow you to flame me. I stand up against idiots like you while the others play 'follow the leader'. THAT'S THE DARTHBANE2K-DIFFERENCE.

I've gotta say, these arguments (more like, a certain someone's blatant stupidity and self contradiction) are hilarious.

He keeps saying this isn't a question of HD vs SD. Then he keeps saying that the Wii is gonna look shit in HD compared to SD. And, I mean, it's just.. Seriously, I actually laughed twice rather loud while reading the last page.

Also, I move to lock this.. Just like I did with his other thread. The whining must stop!

This isnt a case of SD Vs HD. You people claim that HDTV owners are being unreasonable and that if they wanted HD graphics they should get a 360 or PS3. Thats what I mean, IT ISNT A CASE OF THIS AT ALL. its a case of component cables being ESSENTIAL for HDTV owners to in many cases get a legiable picture/text on screen. SD looks worse on HDTV than SD looks on a SDTV fact, unless component or progressive scan is used. Its you who is playing dumb, pretending not to understand this difference.

You do realize that basically everyone thinks your whining is annoying, based in absolutely nothing, and pretty much just shit? It's not just Nintendork.

First off, noone told you to order with HMV. Your concerns? They were lame. Who cares how long they waited with telling you anything? Really, I've heard nothing from my preorder stores.

Second, there are THIRD PARTY CABLES. You can IMPORT. If this is important to you, ok. That's your problem. However, don't take it out on us when you can EASILY do something about it. Very few of us give a shit that you refuse to make 1% more effort to get ahold of these cables simply because Nintendo aren't FEEDING you them.

Also, you're not standing up against idiots. Simply the fact that you believe yourself to be above everyone else on this forum (seeing as you're basically saying everyone else is idiots), just proves who the idiot really is.

Oh, and just another thing, you're the only person here who's really been "flaming" anyone (everyone, basically), yet you continuously whine that everyone "flames" you (in fact, you'll interpret this post as flaming, though it's no such thing). Really, what the hell?

Indeed, to suggest a whole launch is 'messed up' because scart cables won;t be available until 2 weeks later is a bit over the top. A lot of people won;t care, a lot more will be happy to wait and if it bothers you that much pick up your Wii when the cables are out.

The way this thread has developed it's like they've said Zelda is delayed!!!

The way this thread has developed it's like they've said Zelda is delayed!!!

Agreed. See, that would've been a problem. This is not.