NEurope
darthbane2k

The european Wii launch is looking to be a MESS

Oh my god, that is such a good idea. I can't believe you didn't think of that sooner, like when I said it in my very first post. If the component cables are so important for, just IMPORT THEM. Don't whine and annoy us who don't have a good enough TV to notice the difference. Yeah, poor you. Sucks to not have an SDTV, doesn't it.

:rolleyes:

You are not only an arsehole, but completely ignorant too. THIS IS NOT A CASE OF SDTV VS HDTV. I said this repeatedly, but your pathetic brain is unable to comprehend this simple fact.

A SD composite signal will look WORSE on a HDTV than a SDTV. Progressive scan is required on a HDTV to avoid SD signals looking a muddy, blurry mess.

If my 'whining' annoys you so much, why not get the f**k out of this thread. Every time you post some of your trademark ignorant crap, I feel like putting my fist through my nice widescreen TFT monitor. But hey, thats the TROLL effect eh?

I know that. But this only affects people who have HDTV, and who, in general, are incredibly spoiled image-wise. Serves them right, in my opinion.

Oh, and yeah, I am just jealous. :heh:

My argument still stands though.

I know that. But this only affects people who have HDTV, and who, in general, are incredibly spoiled image-wise. Serves them right, in my opinion.

Oh, and yeah, I am just jealous. :heh:

My argument still stands though.

Serves them right? What kind of nonsense is that?

Its now a CRIME to have a HDTV eh?

I hooked up my Gamecube via composite on my HDTV at home and tested Final Fantasy Crystal Cronicles - I wanted to see how an RPG would work in composite in preperation for Zelda.

The result? - A blurry mess. I kid you not, text was near illegable.

It's not a crime, but when you have that good a TV you have no right to complain. That's all. You're lucky bastards, to be honest. I'd play with composite on a HDTV over on my (very good quality) SDTV, and yes, I know how it looks.

Serves them right? What kind of nonsense is that?

Its now a CRIME to have a HDTV eh?

I hooked up my Gamecube via composite on my HDTV at home and tested Final Fantasy Crystal Cronicles - I wanted to see how an RPG would work in composite in preperation for Zelda.

The result? - A blurry mess. I kid you not, text was near illegable.

he never said it was a a crime, just that you've got to deal with it, and I don't know how many more times I have to post this but there are plenty of movies of Wii being played on a HDTV without component cables like the whole gamespot marathon and it looks fine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and one last thing, don't accuse me of sucking up to yoshiking again, he happens to be right, this is just another example of you over reacting, just like your hmv thread....

Well, while lack of component cables isn't a good thing by any means, I certainly don't see why that alone would cause the European launch to be a "MESS" exactly. Surely you can suffer with composite for a few mere weeks, even if the quality isn't as good.

Me? I don't have a HDTV yet, so I'll be playing with the good ol' composite cables like I have for every generation of consoles.

You guys do realise that there are rules to posting in these forums right?

Its just a shame that no one seems to enforce the rules.

he never said it was a a crime, just that you've got to deal with it, and I don't know how many more times I have to post this but there are plenty of movies of Wii being played on a HDTV without component cables like the whole gamespot marathon and it looks fine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and one last thing, don't accuse me of sucking up to yoshiking again, he happens to be right, this is just another example of you over reacting, just like your hmv thread....

Overreacting?

The only reason you dismiss it as an overreaction is because it doesnt affect you. simple as. If you are happy to tolerate a composite image, especially when playing detailed games such as Zelda - then more power to you.

However dont assume everyone is or should be content with composite. Yes you refer to a gamespot video. Im sorry but a video or still pictures do not accurately show just how bad things will look. When playing games with large simplistic 3D models such as Wiisports, sure things will look fine. When games such as Zelda have with small text and detailed textures, composite is a mess.

And dont bring up the HMV thing again. You're only getting pissed off because you work for the retailer and have a professional loyalty. Its just over a week to launch and I stil dont know whether I have been allocated a Wii or not. That, at this stage, is UNACCEPTABLE.

And I dont need to bring up your 'alliance' with Nintendork and Yoshiking again. Its blatantly obvious and plain to see. You hang on their every word, endorce their every comment, so sure you're naturally going to defend their flaming and trolling attempts.

I suppose all of the people who posted on the following forums have been overreacting too?

http://www.thedvdforums.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=444306&page=44&pp=20

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=430299&page=3

Well, while lack of component cables isn't a good thing by any means, I certainly don't see why that alone would cause the European launch to be a "MESS" exactly. Surely you can suffer with composite for a few mere weeks, even if the quality isn't as good.

Me? I don't have a HDTV yet, so I'll be playing with the good ol' composite cables like I have for every generation of consoles.

Sure its not the end of the world, but its certainly looking like its a MESS of xbox360 proportions because

1) Retailers will be severly understocked with Wii. Allocations are not as high as they were initially promised.

2) Retailers have reported that allocations of Zelda and especially Wiiplay are severly limited.

3) Every single Component cable bound for europe has been diverted to the USA, meaning we get no component until the New Year (I called Nintendo to verify this)

4) RGB scart cables have been delayed also (1-2 weeks after launch)

I do think you are over reacting. I am affected by the cables issue, the lack of a VGA cable means I have to settle with composite, which is blurry on my tv aswell, so yes I do tolerate it even though I'm not happy, but I don't go mad over it.Whilst I appreciate it is different as component cables are out, its not as if they are doing it deliberatly, think how big a console launch is, and if this is all that goes wrong I think Nintendo can give themselves a pat on the back.

I get what your saying about vids not showing accurately what it looks like, but the gamespot guys were saying looked fine.

and finally I don't endorse Nintendork's very word I have had more than enough arguements with him, just agree with him on this one, same goes for yoshiking (who I don't even know) just agree with his view, so is it such a crime to agree with people? NO I don't think so...

And you will enjoy a BETTER QUALITY picture than HDTV owners who do the very same.

And that is just my point.

Whilst I appreciate it is different as component cables are out, its not as if they are doing it deliberatly.

Yes it IS. They have sent all of the Component cables that were allocated for the european launch to AMERICA. Thats why we wont see any until the new year.

I get what your saying about vids not showing accurately what it looks like, but the gamespot guys were saying looked fine.

When I tried Wii at the UK press event, it looked gorgeous. Why? Because ALL the Wii pods displayed via COMPONENT on flatscreen HDTVs. Wonder why Nintendo didnt opt for "good old composite" then?

and finally I don't endorse Nintendork's very word I have had more than enough arguements with him, just agree with him on this one, same goes for yoshiking (who I don't even know) just agree with his view, so is it such a crime to agree with people? NO I don't think so...

Okay so you argee with your hombres - its no crime. At least Yoshiking has something to say, Nintendork just makes random sarcastic remarks to draw attention to himself. Like I said before, he is a primadonna.

And you will enjoy a BETTER QUALITY picture than HDTV owners who do the very same.

And you will enjoy a BETTER QUALITY picture than SDTV owners in ABSOLUTELY EVERY OTHER CONTEXT.

:laughing:

I'm just saying. I get your point though, but it's still a matter of overreacting. Just be patient.

You guys do realise that there are rules to posting in these forums right?

Its just a shame that no one seems to enforce the rules.

even the people that run this forum only obey them when it suits them... you're obviously new!

hello!

even the people that run this forum only obey them when it suits them... you're obviously new!

hello!

LMAO!

That is so true but it hasnt always been this way... i remeber people being banned all the time back in the cube-europe days... like way back... but now you can get away with what ever you like it seems!

LMAO!

That is so true but it hasnt always been this way... i remeber people being banned all the time back in the cube-europe days... like way back... but now you can get away with what ever you like it seems!

controversial!

I never used to use the cube europe forum because they were painfully slow.

The server was obviously clogged up with the huge banning stick.

Yes it IS. They have sent all of the Component cables that were allocated for the european launch to AMERICA. Thats why we wont see any until the new year.

Its not deliberate though. they didn't plan to force the shortage, and whether you like it or not, America is the biggest territory for Nintendo, so they are doing that to appease them, its just another part of dealing with living in europe deal with it.

So, wait, HDTV owners are going to get a crappy image quality compared to SDTV owners because they don't have the right cables. If the picture quality is so bad as to ruin the entire game couldn't you just play on an SDTV until the cables come out?

Its not deliberate though. they didn't plan to force the shortage, and whether you like it or not, America is the biggest territory for Nintendo, so they are doing that to appease them, its just another part of dealing with living in europe deal with it.

considering iwata has been at pains to state that europe IS as important as the US it's a shame we're now being screwed over... anyway nintendo get's more money for selling them at the high prices they charge in europe.

So I reckon they simply didn't predict the demand.

i have only read the first page of this whinning thread. the difference beteen SD and HD isnt that great imo. and i must say people sound quite snobby "i won't play wii on my 523" 20billion pixel tv with a component cable i am not riff raff"

SHUT UP. so what!!!! can you still play? yes. are the games really meant to push graphics? no. So what is the goddamn problem.

Zim out.

i have only read the first page of this whinning thread. the difference beteen SD and HD isnt that great imo. and i must say people sound quite snobby "i won't play wii on my 523" 20billion pixel tv with a component cable i am not riff raff"

SHUT UP. so what!!!! can you still play? yes. are the games really meant to push graphics? no. So what is the goddamn problem.

Zim out.

*Yawn*

I get tired of repeating myself, but i'll say it again..

THIS ISNT A CASE OF HD VS SD

THIS IS A CASE OF HDTVs LOOKING WORSE THAN SDTVs WHEN RUNNING A SD SIGNAL THROUGH COMPOSITE - hence the necessity for component cables.

THIS ISNT A CASE OF HD VISUALS, THIS IS A CASE OF PICTURE CLARITY AND LEGABLE TEXT ON SCREEN. Composite on a HDTV is a blurry, muddy, illegable mess

Guys, keep this clean or i'll be locking it.

Im actually thinking this should now be moved to the video signals explained sticky thread.

launch will not be "MESSED UP" because of this cause 90% of people who buy the console dont have HD so it is only 10% messed up and 90% bloody awesome.

Majority rules.

I've put an order for a component cable into Play-Asia, although if that doesn't arrive I'll have to resort to a shitty quality third party cable at launch until I can upgrade to official.

I'm sure third party component cables will arrive at launch, so we really shouldn't worry so much.