N-Europe

Goldeneye

Considering all the other great game threads that have been set up in this forum, I felt that I just had to start one for the greatest game ever made. I remember wasting a whole year on this whielst I was at school! the multiplayer was just class, and the single player missions were so enjoyable to play and constantly come back to. I dont think any other game has ever been as complete and accomplished as this.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My first N64 game. Such a great game, spent hours completing the single player on all difficulties and the multiplayer was just perfection. Unfortunately fps's have come a long way since and it hasn't really aged well. Also I think Perfect Dark was slightly better.

hey, I'm pleased to see this thread. Goldeneye was something truly special - at the time when this came out it just blew me away. I can remember just playing it and playing it. I would re-play every level over and over.

Never before, and never since has there a game which I have just been content to sit with for hours and every play felt as fresh as the first.

No one could disagree when you say Goldeneye is one of the greatest games of all time. It was so much fun completing single player on every difficulty and then unlocking all the 'cheats' so you can have even more fun when you replay those levels.

I used to play the multiplayer mode with my dad, brother and uncle and we had so much fun. Hopefully with the Wii just around the corner we can return to those days of extreme fun.

When I last played this game, it felt as if Bond had been turned into a snail. Unfortunately, GoldenEye hasn't aged that well.

But it still has a weird "charm" to it. It feels like its a good game, like Perfect Dark, and TimeSplitters 2/FP. I think Activision should work with Free Radical, with licensing from Nintendo (who own the GoldenEye game license) and make a Wii-exclusive Remake of GoldenEye. It's the one game begging for an "update"

News from Reggie:

"We're focused on the big titles that the pain is worth the gain." Naturally, then, the mammoth Nintendo 64 hit "GoldenEye" would be worth it even though the game's developer is now owned by Microsoft and the James Bond license was recently snatched up by Activision? "Would I love to see it on virtual console? Absolutely. But there are a lot of issues there." He made it sound like there's a chance. "Suffice it to say we would love to see it, so we're exploring all the rights issues."

I really really hope this happens.

If they remake it with dual analogue controls (wii-mote controls would be asking too much) then I'd love it...

There would be no reason why dual analogue wouldn't work, as the original had dual analogue control, many people forget this. You had to use two controllers, look through the set up, you held bith controllers along the central prong and used the analogue sticks.