NEurope
conzer16

PAL RedSteel Prog-Scan ONLY??

From Kotaku...

http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/red-steel/rumour-pal-red-steel-progscan-only-217211.php

PALRS.jpg

The already-released NTSC versions obviously don't carry this warning, so kids, TAKE YOUR SALT before going any further.

Maybe this is due to some hitherto-unknown issue between television standards, maybe it's further punishment for living in Europe or Australia or maybe (well...probably) it's just a typo. But the Red Steel promo boxes are doing a good job of warding off any potential PAL customers that review scores haven't already.

They're saying "EDTV/HDTV ONLY". Other Wii boxes simply state "EDTV/HDTV Compatible", so the big, bold ONLY has SDTV owners feeling a little bit skittish, and a little more confused

I picked up a RedSteel box in Game on Saturday, and I saw this EDTV/HDTV ONLY sign, was quite confused momentarily and was promptly distracted by Pro Evo 6.

I had forgotten I saw this until I read Kotaku's article.

What does this mean for PAL gamers? Do we HAVE to buy an ED/HDTV along with component cables to play RedSteel? Will component cables be released in Europe?

Can someone shed some light on this for me, as I might need to cancel my RedSteel pre-order...........:horse:

Yeah I noticed that the other day in GAME, it must be a mistake though. I reckon it's supposed to say EDTV/HDTV compatible, not only.

it has to be a mistake why would a none HD console require this, whilst it would be annoying I could understand it happening with a 360 game but not a wii game

Probably a typo, but i dont care. I've got a HDTV.

It doesnt seem right though. This goes against nintendos family appeal.

It's not a typo, it's merely saying this is what we output. If you choose not to go for RGB or component you're not going to see images like the ones on the back of the package and in adverts.

It's not a typo, it's merely saying this is what we output. If you choose not to go for RGB or component you're not going to see images like the ones on the back of the package and in adverts.

I doubt that, absolutely no one (other than you, obviously) else would think that.

It's either a mistake, or you can only use a ED/HDTV with it. Most likely the first.

That has to be a typo. It would be suicide to do something like that with what is arguably one of the Wii's flagship titles alongside Zeruda.

Obviously obviously a typo. Or maybe nintendork is kind of right like they are saying that these images are hdtv only? Like on the back of PC games these are ingame shots from maxium settings etc. Just a thought. But yeh no way in hell is it going to be non SDTV.

Obviously obviously a typo. Or maybe nintendork is kind of right like they are saying that these images are hdtv only? Like on the back of PC games these are ingame shots from maxium settings etc. Just a thought. But yeh no way in hell is it going to be non SDTV.

But why would it say "HDTV Only" and not just say that those images were from HDTVs underneath?

The thing that has me confused (and bear in mind I am not that knowledgeable on tv's or sd/ed/hd) is why does it say ED/HDTV ONLY then have 50Hz/60Hz Modes supported??

Isn't 50Hz SD in PAL?

Thats true. Also it says it supports 50hz. Oh wait but you can have a hdtv in 50hz cant you? Very odd Ubisoft. This will cause people like Ashley no end of trouble.

I'm taking this is as false,there's no way it can be real considering it isn't ED/HDTV in the US and that not much people have HDTVs and the Wii is a non-hdtv console like previously said.

Wasn't there a 60Hz only seal on Metroid Prime 2 too? This could be something like that. Then again, I never really understood the concept of EDTV so i don't really now if I have it. But it would be stupid to pull this on consumers if HDTV and EDTV are not yet really in the houses. Ah well.

Wasn't there a 60Hz only seal on Metroid Prime 2 too? This could be something like that. Then again, I never really understood the concept of EDTV so i don't really now if I have it. But it would be stupid to pull this on consumers if HDTV and EDTV are not yet really in the houses. Ah well.

This is MUCH worse than the 60hz only, as almost all PAL TV's support 60Hz. Now if that's not a typo, then 95% of all Europeans/Aussies, won't be able to play this game!

It HAS to be a typo. It would be a gigantic mistake.

A typo on a box? perhaps a hoax, yes, but a Typo? I think these things are provided by Nintendo themselves. But hell, we'll just see - it's the first we hear or see of this and no site or magazine mentioned it before. Probably a hoax.

A hoax?

I saw these very boxes in GAME on Saturday.

Who would bother hoaxing it? GAME? Nintendo? Ubisoft?

Woops. Thought it just popped up on the internet. Forget that HOAX thing. It's not a typo - it would be strange if it's a typo - they don't make these kind of typo's, because the EDTV/HDTV-possible things are also images provided by Nintendo. Ubisoft doesn't make these things. So you all better sob a little over the loss of this game. Because I don't know if it will work...

But can a game be made ONLY for these resolutions? I refuse to beleive this, as the Wii will probably just read the discs anyway. Someone email Michel Ancel. Or Yves Guillemot. Or Iwata - yeah, mail him, start with the big boss...

Just gotta wait till

1)The Wii and Red Steel is out

2)Wait for Ubi or Nintendo to deny/confirm

3)Wait till a retailer get's Red Steel in.

Get the torches and pitchforks ready incase.

If the US versions works on a regular TV, why won't the PAL version?

But who cares about this game anyway? All credible sites says it's awful...

But who cares about this game anyway? All credible sites says it's awful...

I still want it,I don't go by other sites/reviews/previews and i'm looking forward to it.

I highly doubt this. This game is looking good (by UK/Japanese publications, at least, with it getting 90% in NGamer, 91% in ONM and 34 in Famitsu), so they wouldn't reduce the number of people that can play it by doing this.