NEurope
Kaxxx

Composite Vs Component

They're crap comparisons of what I can see anyway. Just looks like the screens a diff sape n the colour's been turned down :heh:

What sort of display is that on? Would it make any difference on a regular CRT TV? I actually kind of prefer some of the composite images, because then you don't notice rough/pixely edges on some stuff.

(I do appreciate the comparison muchly, because I'm pretty much the same as kav82, and had no idea of what sort of difference there'd be)

Well I hadn't a clue what the difference was, I'm not what you'd call technically savvy! I don't have a clue what cables do what for the picture quality and I am HUGELY grateful for the comparison! Thanks Kaxxx!

It gives a decent indication in my opinion. Obviously you are never going to see the difference properly unless you are looking directly at a screen.

I'm having difficulties with the fact that everything is moving. The Component ones seem much more stretched and bigger. I agree it must be hard to get two the same images, but even then. Oh, the super moneky ball one is just plain crap. Those colors can't be right.

And now we're on it: does anyone know what the RGB cable does? the same thing as component? i'm thinking of getting one, but I don't know if it would be worth spending the €20 on it...

Cack is the worst word ever. And what's the deal with composite? There's no problem here using it. Not stop wyning and buy your component if you want them, buy your RGB when you want to and stop moaning.

BTW: All cables in 'video displays explianed' topic.

Some people fail to look at threads already made on the subject they're making a thread about :heh:

Cack is the worst word ever.

Erm....How?:hmm:

...Wait a second, you may speak English well in Belgium, but you can't go judging English slang words.

Bet you'd say something Americanly stupid like "I can't believe he blew me off last night" :laughing:

Saying "Cack" is a crap word is like saying bloody or bugger are.

Some people fail to look at threads already made on the subject they're making a thread about :heh:

After all my fuckin effort lol :cry:

After all my fuckin effort lol :cry:

There there...*pat on the back* dont let these meanies get to you.

If you cant see the difference in the first zelda pic in that link then theres somethign wrong with you. You can clearly see, apart from it moving, that didnt affect my viewing pleasure, but it seemed to me that the first zelda pic got a lot more sharper when i slid my mouse over it.

You can see on that thing under the d-pad pictureon the left that its much more sharper on the edges.

Hang on, so normal = composite, and mouse-over = component.

So, for composite, you get an over-sharpened image (I can sharpen the image with component anyway), more-defined jaggies, and faded-out colours?

So, according to GameSpot, people are paying extra for a worsened image quality?

So, for composite, you get an over-sharpened image (I can sharpen the image with component anyway), more-defined jaggies, and faded-out colours?

So, according to GameSpot, people are paying extra for a worsened image quality?

Like what's going on in the video displays sticky, you really do have to see games running in progressive for yourself - comparison pics are a load of balls really. If you saw composite and component in 480p side by side in real life, you actually couldn't say you can't tell the difference. Composite gives a noisy, blurry picture on such a high quality TV and component sorts all the problems out and gives a picture that developers intended.

Nop, you're playing potential...

Plug a gamecube to a HDTV with a composite, then plug RGB and see for yourself, the improvement is obvious. Composite even more.

But you're just being picky, those Zelda pics clearly show the improvements. The textures don't look like a blur blob with composite.