Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

European Launch Question: Number-cruncher

Jasper

First, maybe there are already topics on this (it might have fitted in the European pre-order thread, but even so, it's not quite about that) - but please give me some answers before locking it down.

All you guys working in retail, does any of you know the exact number of units you are receiving in your store? I know a couple of you work in gamestores, so tell me - do you have exact numbers? There are a lot of rumours going around (like only 10,000 units for the whole of the Netherlands), but if the stores don't have any numbers yet than the press is probably wrong. So tell me: any of you have numbers?

And if you had to make a minimum-guess, what would it be?

That's what I'm saying - who the hell is saying all those numbers? I'm asking people in-store, because there's no other way that gives an honest, non-disturbing or panic-creating number. Okay, it could be panic creating, but at least it would be somewhat correct...

Because I'm thirtheenth on the list in Belgium's Game Mania and even though I want only one Wii, I'm not even sure right now that I'm getting one. Game Mania has sent out emails to the stores that they will try to fill the preorders as much as they can, any preorder placed after yesterday will get one after the 8th. I'm 13th out of 49 so if they do their best the chances are high I'm in; i'm just not sure...

Because I'm thirtheenth on the list in Belgium's Game Mania and even though I want only one Wii, I'm not even sure right now that I'm getting one. Game Mania has sent out emails to the stores that they will try to fill the preorders as much as they can, any preorder placed after yesterday will get one after the 8th. I'm 13th out of 49 so if they do their best the chances are high I'm in; i'm just not sure...

Dude, chill :)

I've not even visited Game Mania in the past months, and I have no doubt I'll be getting mine Christmas-eve :love:

(Though my wrath smiteth my mother should she have failed to obtain one by then :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: )

Dude, chill :)

I've not even visited Game Mania in the past months, and I have no doubt I'll be getting mine Christmas-eve :love:

(Though my wrath smiteth my mother should she have failed to obtain one by then :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: )

What you're saying: christmas eve. i'll be having mine for sure then, but I'de lik mine december 8th, please.

Guest Stefkov

100k is not a lot of consoles.

If it really is 100k then i am at my GAME store before it opens.

That 100k will be eaten like (according to some random fact at the maths dept at my college) Kit-Kats, which apparently 47 is eaten in a second.