Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Oh Gosh Bigger Avatars!

Ashley

Im not sure why but when I suggested bigger avatars last year nobody agreed, but Shorty comes along and psh!

But yes, 125x125 for all. Hopefully we won't live to regret this.

(The yang - file size limit is down a bit but not much)

I don't like posting again so soon like I'm part of some kind of conversation, but I'm going to anyway.

It may take time to get used to the idea of larger avatars. People around here are very used to a size like 80x80, it looks like an icon on your desktop, and isn't much bigger than things like Windows Live Messenger (96x96) - not to mention it being somewhat the de facto default choice for messageboard software. However to me, after browsing other high quality messageboards (and I use "high quality" loosely in terms of popularity, sense of design, administration - rather than the level of posting itself) it feels as though these smaller avatars are a bit dated and squashed. Most people know that I consider our signature restrictions, by contrast, too liberal - but this is one place I think more space should be filled.

All this big avatar action got me wondering: why -aren't- we allowed to link to animated avatars? Is it just to stop people using Seizure Bots-style abominations?

We've never, to the best of my knowledge, not allowed it. Must be a vB thing.