Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Update: Podcast is up!- What VC games do you want?

Conor_NE

hey guys,

We're motoring ahead with a new Hot Topic. Check out the latest show, where, among other things, we talk about what Virtual Console games we want to see on the Wii. So we want to know what titles YOU guys want to see on the VC, apart from the list Nintendo have already released.

Post your titles, and reasons, below, and we'll go through them in the next show!

Three games I want to see on the Virtual Console in particular [one for each Nintendo system, NES, SNES & N64]:

For the Nintendo Entertainment System I want to see the "original" Final Fantasy game, Final Fantasy 1 the 1st game that has created one of the longest running and most successful game series ever. I believe it never was released in PAL regions, if it was, disregard it.

For Super Nintendo, I'd like to see Earthbound - Absolutely essential, never released in PAL regions and a really unique game it is.

For the Nintendo 64, the game i'd like to see in particular is Sin and Punishment: Successor to the Earth. An arcade on rails shooter that unfortunately wasn't released in PAL regions, another good game not experienced by people in PAL regions.

Super Mario RPG

Chrono Trigger

Terranigma

Earthbound

Illusion of Time

- > All epic SNES RPGs that i've always wanted to immerse myself into from what i've seen and heard. I also tried Earthbound once and I thought it was magic. I'd also love some games that only got released in to Japan to get translated but I know the chances are practically impossible e.g. Fire Emblems, the Dragonball Z RPG on SNES

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to The Past. One of the 3 Zelda games I do not own (the other 2 are the oracle ones), and, as a Zelda game, I think I should own it in some form.

I could list loads of Rare games here, but I won't because it's unlikely.

a really obscure NES game, which is apparently a fantastic game, Faxanadu. Just to see what is like.

Pilotwings 64 - just for something to do when bored

StarFox, fun SNES game I never played

I'd like to have Mortal Kombat 4 on V.C., I spent ages looking for it when it first came out, but I never found it. It's the only MK game I don't have (bar the awful MK Trilogy game and MK Mythologies)

If Streets Of Rage 1, 2 and 3 are on it, I will be very, very, pleased.

haha, i actually mentioned that game in the Podcast when me and Conor discussed this, i didn't think anyone else would think of it: peace:

Well, there was an article about it in nRevolution. (the Retro mini-mag)

Wiz and Liz

OMG. I remember spending hours on that game when I was little. Add that to my list.

I want Rocky&Pocky (SNES) as it seems to be a great co-op game. And the sequel too.

For NES I want Ikari Warriors. That was a magnificent game. Me and my cousin used to play it religiously. Although, I got killed quite frequently or got my tank or helicopter blasted to smitherens + I used to get pissed off, because my cousin were better then me to play. I was just a boy then, so I thought no girls should be better then me.

Tennis (NES) would also be nice to download, simply because it's so easy to pick-up 'n play for almost everyone. But, I'd rather have the Japan-only sequel where you could compete against your friends.

For N64 I'd like to get Sumo-o just for fun. To see more of big, fat, muscular guys wrestilng eachother.

Also, I miss the Ogre Battle 64. I wanted to add more variety in genres for N64 and I heard it was good. I wanted it so badly, I almost imported the american N64 for it. Then I heard it was printed in very low quantity and was hard to obtain.

Mystical Ninja Goemon is also something I wanted for my N64 and that too was for the sake of adding variety of genres. I longed for RPGs for my N64.

Beetle Adventure Racing was also a very fun game in my opinion. It was fast, the Beetles acted differently, the levels were wild and varied and it was very challenging indeed.

Waverace 64 is also something I'd like to see for my Virtual Console. I never got around obtaining a copy myself, so I miss it. It was a fun little racer with magnificent wave physics and great ambient music. That misty river track was just pure bliss.

As for none-Nintendo games I'd like to get Alex Kidd in Wonderland. Great game as I've played it once. I think he used skateboard and threw axes to get fruit and such. Very addictive and fun, indeed.

California Games (Commodore 64) is something I want to get a hold of for download to VC. I remember I was very good at dribling and all the others around me were all in awe when I was at a birthday party. No one seemed to know what to do there, expect from me.

Also from the same console, I want Ghostbusters. That'd be nice. I always wanted it as the music was awesome and riding around in a vehicle blasting away at ghost and then the capturing. But, it was a bootleg game so the game used to freeze quite frequently.

Guys, thanks very much for taking part in this. The other thread in Wii Discussion did pretty well too in terms of replies.

I tried to give a shoutout to most of you. But, because of time constraints, i wasn't able to give you all recognition.

Anyway, here is the link to the next podcast on the main site.

http://www.n-europe.com/news.php?nid=9829

Super Mario All Stars, Mario World, Mario Kart SNES, Mario Kart 64, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Mortal Kombat 2, Wave

Race 64, Banjo Kazooie, Banjo Tooie, Zelda ALTTP, Paper Mario.

I'm sure there are loads more I want, but that's all I can think of at the moment.

No offense but....

it's crap. Earthbound on the NES? Don't know Terranigma? Where's the KNOWLEDGE? Oh and I love their voices on 1upyours so much that this is unbearable :heh:

Well, they're titles that we haven't had the pleasure of playing. You know, we'd know about these titles if they got put on the virtual console for europe *hint hint nintendo*. Still, a few mistakes, which everyone makes. Even you.

Anyway, yes, i know my voice is annoying. And, this is my first effort (using a microphone and doing a podcast). Sure, i was nervous, but that is down to me never doing this general sort of stuff before, not wanting to sound stupid, and also being nervous in general. What cures nerves? Encouragement and also practice. If i do another 'cast, then i will improve.

A little encouragement never goes amiss.

Anyway, yes, i know my voice is annoying. And, this is my first effort (using a microphone and doing a podcast). Sure, i was nervous, but that is down to me never doing this general sort of stuff before, not wanting to sound stupid, and also being nervous in general. What cures nerves? Encouragement and also practice. If i do another 'cast, then i will improve.

A little encouragement never goes amiss.

I'm not criticising your voice in particular, or any of yours for that matter, its just hard to appreciate anything else half as much after experiencing the great voices of 1upyours. I hate my voice too.