N-Europe

"Hair of the Dog"

-JC-

Now, after quite an excessive night out last night, I woke up this morning feeling absolutely awful. Banging headache, dizziness, nausea, the lot. Anyhow, I had to go to work at 3 so I needed a cure and I needed it fast. Some people like a big greasy fry up, I myself cannot stand to think of eating when I feel like that. I'd been drinking lots of water before I went to bed (that usually helps) but as I said, it was a particularly excessive night.

Anyhow, a stop in the shop on the way to work and something behind the counter catches my eye when I'm looking for my chosen brand of cancer sticks. "Alka Seltzer XS". XS can only mean "Excessive", right? So I buy myself a pack and drag my slow moving body to work. Popped two pills in a glass of water, waited for it to dissolve and downed it. 30 minutes later, I was right as rain. Well, in comparison to earlier. Checked the packet, and supposedly it contains something that "empties your stomach" (I was somewhat worried by the way they worded it). Plus besides, aspirin and paracetemol, there was one vital ingredient : Caffiene! Genius!

So from now on they'll be a box of Alka Seltzer XS by my bed every night for the morning after. Just thought I'd share this mystical cure with you guys! What do you all find works for you? And don't say don't drink alcohol, I'm a student, it's compulsory!

shit, shower, shave, shirt.

then a cup of tea and some porridge, it has to be easy to make because I am not in the mood for operating any kind of recipe at that kind of hour.

it's been a few years since i was getting drunk so bad that i couldn't remember things, i puked on a guys sofa at this house party.. got so drunk i was falling all over the place, ran for the bus and clearly missed it and was found using a kerb as a pillow on a main road.

some chick gave me a lift home with her brother and i was trying so hard to act sober.

well funny.

My housemate tripped over me this morning at god knows what hour when he found I was asleep in the hallway, but (as far as I know) I haven't been sick in a while. Usually being sick helps (I guess that's why the body does it, but I left biology way back at GCSE), but I try and stop drinking when I feel queasy. I've got hair that's just long enough to get in the path of liquids exiting my mouth, and unless there's someone nice enough to hold it back the end result is not pretty.

In my first year, one of my housemates (who, admittedly, was quite strange) employed a "tactical throw up" before he went to bed, necked a pint of water and two paracetemol and was up early for a morning run. I can't say that sounds particularly fun to be honest!

Never get hangovers. As I always remeber the golden rule. Drink a mug of water before you go to bed. The one time I forgot to do it I was nearly sick when I woke up. Sierously it really helps. I would be really careful drinking more in the morning personally that would make me sick.

Ah sorry just noticed you already said you did that. Then I have no idea. Take things slowly drink lots of water. Eat an orange or something light.

Who cares about the hang over, did you steal a traffic cone? That's the essential thing for student nights out!

We stole a housewife set a few weeks back. An ironing board and a mop! Felt kind bad because they both looked like they were out for trash.. but as I sobered up they immediately felt brand new.

Oh well. I left it in the town centre so I'm sure it made it's way back to them somehow.

I very rarely get hangovers but when i do i usually grab a hash brown sandwich at work and that sorts me out.

If not a can of coke usually does the trick for some reason. But when on holiday i usually go for a malibu and choclate milkshake. That is a great hangover cure i asure you.