NEurope
flameboy

The Reviews Thread

I don't fully understand why soom seem so desperate to debunk, discount, or generally rubbish the Gamespot review. 8.8 is a very good score surely. In the concluding paragraph he desribes the game as "excellent news for Zelda fans". Sure he expressed some dissapointment with one or two elements but that is his opinion he is expressing. What else is he paid for?

Hes not wrong... Wii is inferior, so expect inferior scores until control is truly superior to conventional control in every single way where it adds to gameplay, doesn't detract from the experience and of most importance, conventional control is not sacrified in favour of tacked on MOTION SENSING CAPABILITIES TO COMPENSATE FOR A LACK OF GRAPHICAL POWER to which so far its not unfortunately, so Wii games are being heavily penalised. Its a new control input that has been said to enhance games, thats why they're being so harsh as these games simply aren't delivering. The sacrifice of having poor graphics and poor control just has too signficant of an impact on the quality of the game. Superior controls must compensate for a lack of graphical power. The Wii lost one million sales AT THE VERY LEAST today which is really unfortunate that scores influence some people opinions so greatly... :hmm:

Man, all the Wii games but Zelda have been getting sitty scores. So i'll just get Zelda with my Wii I think. Then wait for Wario Ware and Heroes. Then hope developers get their collective fingers out.

I dunno, Banna Blitz and Trauma Centre seem to be very well recieved. Besides, you should see the PS3 reviews. Somewhere there's a Gundam fan who's majorly pissed off.

Hes not wrong... Wii is inferior, so expect inferior scores until control is truly superior to conventional control in every single way where it ADDS TO GAMEPLAY, DOESN'T DETRACT FROM THE EXPERIENCE AND OF MOST IMPORTANCE, CONVENTIONAL CONTROL IS NOT SACRIFICIED IN FAVOUR OF HALF ASSED MOTION SENSING

Your name isn't Ben, is it?

The Wii lost one million sales AT THE VERY LEAST today

That is the stupidest thing I have ever hered you say... This week.

Hes not wrong... Wii is inferior, so expect inferior scores until control is truly superior to conventional control in every single way where it ADDS TO GAMEPLAY, DOESN'T DETRACT FROM THE EXPERIENCE AND OF MOST IMPORTANCE, CONVENTIONAL CONTROL IS NOT SACRIFICIED IN FAVOUR OF HALF ASSED MOTION SENSING CAPABILITIES TO COMPENSATE FOR A LACK OF GRAPHICAL POWER to which so far its not unfortunately, so Wii games are being heavily penalised. Its a new control input that has been said to enhance games, thats why they're being so harsh as these games simply aren't delivering. The sacrifice of having poor graphics and poor control just has too signficant of an impact on the quality of the game. SUPERIOR controls must compensate for a lack of graphical power. The Wii lost one million sales AT THE VERY LEAST today which is really unfortunate that scores influence some people opinions so greatly... :hmm:
Inferior? I though games are all it matters... Read the reviews dammit, no one wants to go back to zelda controlled with the classic controller. not perfect yeah, but that's because the bar was lifted, you couldn't do that on a standard controller.

and... DONT USE CAPS!

If wii games are being penalized it's because they are stupid, I mean... Zelda TP is a Gamecube game, they are complaining about textures and things that ran on a 24 MB RAM console?

They also criticize for other things none current gen game has, full voice acting? probably no zelda will feature that, besides... FFXII on PS2 has more space on disc and lacks that too.

Lastly... I've seen and played in next generation consoles and Zelda graphics still impress me, it's a gamecube game, so what? sue me.

Unforunately no.

It really is the stupidest comment of the week, it's not like one million people were looking at Gamespot today and said 'that's it I'm getting a 360', instead

the majority of fanboys backlashed and defended the company and series they love.

Inferior? I though games are all it matters... Read the reviews dammit, no one wants to go back to zelda controlled with the classic controller. not perfect yeah, but that's because the bar was lifted, you couldn't do that on a standard controller.

and... DONT USE CAPS!

If wii games are being penalized it's because they are stupid, I mean... Zelda TP is a Gamecube game, they are complaining about textures and things that ran on a 24 MB RAM console?

They also criticize for other things none current gen game has, full voice acting? probably no zelda will feature that, besides... FFXII has more space on disc and lacks that too.

Lastly... I've seen and played in next generation consoles and Zelda graphics still impress me, it's a gamecube game, so what? sue me.

Ok i'll cut out on the caps, Perhaps I shall bold it instead.

Unforunately no.

Unforunately? You know, for most of time you sound like mentally disabled cockroach that has found encyclopedia from his uncle's bookcase.

Unforunately? You know, for most of time you sound like mentally disabled cockroach that has found encyclopedia from his uncle's bookcase.

Mabey he meant that his name was not Ben.

By the way. I am getting my wii tonight at mid-night without waiting in any kind of line.

(...) instead

the majority of fanboys backlashed and defended the company and series they love.

and we have a point, might I add :)

(I wouldn't have a problem if other games by the same reviewer had the coherency of being score lower)

By the way. I am getting my wii tonight at mid-night without waiting in any kind of line.
I'm jealous >_<

Damn you >.<

2 Weeks on Thursday for us midnight launchers in EU.

From MP3 discusion.

This cannot continue, Wii is losing, The HD consoles are "WINNING"... But its early days yet.

Perhaps this is dumbest thing he has said this week.

Damn you >.<

2 Weeks on Thursday for us midnight launchers in EU.

Unfortunately I'm going to have to struggle through a day of school until I get mine. December 8th is gonna be a looong day.

Unfortunately I'm going to have to struggle through a day of school until I get mine. December 8th is gonna be a looong day.

I remember the day the GC was released,that day dragged on so much.I literally ran home when the bell went.Good thing i'm allowed of school on the 8th *

*By buying my parents a chinese as a bribe

Anyone watched the IGN video review for Twilight Princess? My God...the snippet from the cutscene is immense looking :shock:

Gamespot review really isn't surprising to me after seeing the video of their team playing Wii for the first time...none of them seemed impressed at all. "Wii controls feel tacked on" is a BIG difference from Cassamassina's "Could never got back to the Gamecube controls". It seems it's all a matter of taste, though most people seem to prefer the Wii controls from what I've personally read.

Gamespot are clearly anti-Wii. Anyone who has reads on here regularly will know that although I'm a longtime Nintendo fan, I'm also a Wii sceptic, however after reading all the reviews and info on Wii, everyone seems to like the new controls... except Gamespot.

They are just bashing everything. The Red Steel review was awful, I can't remember one positive thing they picked up on about it! This is journalism at its worst.

As for Gears of War getting a 9.6, that Jeff is just a total loser, maybe all the attention he is getting from this ridiculous 8.8 score is somehow making up for the fact he is a fat ugly virgin.

Talking of ridiculous reviews, why the hell does this fanboy thread deserve a 5 star rating?

Same goes for all the other average threads in this forum!

GOT YOU!

Gamespot review really isn't surprising to me after seeing the video of their team playing Wii for the first time...none of them seemed impressed at all. "Wii controls feel tacked on" is a BIG difference from Cassamassina's "Could never got back to the Gamecube controls". It seems it's all a matter of taste, though most people seem to prefer the Wii controls from what I've personally read.

From the little second I watched they looked like retarded monkeys playing, they couldn't do shit. And IGN is CLEARLY reducing their scores on purpose, they say it's the best Zelda ever, yet it scored less than WW. Seriously reviews DO NOT MATTER. I really don't care anymore, after seeing so many people saying this is the best Zelda game ever, and OoT being, to me, the best game ever, I'll decide when I get it, if it is or not the best game ever.

P.S.: Gamespot can suck my balls.

Talking of ridiculous reviews, why the hell does this fanboy thread deserve a 5 star rating?

Same goes for all the other average threads in this forum!

GOT YOU!

Well since you've posted in it I'd say it now deserves 0 stars...

Super Mario 64, Nintendo 64 (E35)

Gran Turismo, Sony PlayStation (E55)

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Nintendo 64 (E66)

Halo: Combat Evolved, Microsoft Xbox (E105)

Half-Life 2, Windows PC (E143)

5 games that are considered worthy of a 10/10 score in the eyes of EDGE.

Please perspective, who cares what it got? On averages it's still in the top 10, among the best games ever.

Where's Metal Gear Solid in the top 10? Oh that's right.. it isn't.

Where's the fanboy's dream Final Fantasy VII? I can't quite see it.

My point is quit yo' jibba jabba. We've lived in a golden age, and I don't think it's going to get any better. We should be gracious we've enjoyed these great games the first time around.

Because the only way people can enjoy them now is by actively seeking them, because you can't find OoT in the shops these days.. or Tekken 3.

Kids these days will be missing out on the oldies while they're playing the latest Fifa.. and that's a shame. But we're part of the club.

We will never be satisfied after the gems we've had over the last 15 years.

Where's Metal Gear Solid in the top 10? Oh that's right.. it isn't.

what has the Metal Gear Solid series got from EDGE so far? including subsistence etc.