NEurope
Tellyn

Spoiler-Free The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess Thread

Hmmm, getting to the 6th temple now and it seems like the game's being rushed to be honest. 20 minutes between dungeon 5 and 6... surely I'm not alone in thinking that that's a bit off??

All the calls about how these 8/9 dungeons were bigger the OoT's etc... I can't really see this, I'd say they're the same size, if not smaller (some of the later ones). And again, the journey time between them later on is so short it makes it worse!

The water temple was actually really great, I thought it would get confusing with the switching stairs but it was easy and fun.

I do think the game could have been a bit more challenging so far though, I haven't been killed by any enemies though I have fallen down a few holes. OoT was a lot more challenging but that may have been because I was young and inexperienced when I played it... Even so, TP has yet to make me sweat. It's still incredibly fun and the storyline and characters are brilliant.

At least it's harder than WindWaker *hopes for a final boss that will last longer than 5 mins*

This game is in the running to be the best game ever for me, and 20 minutes between the 2 dungeons? Yeah, but that's if you blitz the story!! With the sidequests and such it could take you however long you want. I thought that's why people love Zelda, you can go at whatever pace you want!

I know all about the sidequests and how they can prolong the game, that's not an issue though.

The issue is, travel time between temples in MM was huge, hours at least. Same with OoT for the most part. In TP, a game which in my opinion is far from the perfect Zelda game many were claiming, when travel time between them is about 20 (tedious in this case) minutes you know something's not right. Added to the fact that dungeon 5 was pretty much a mini-dungeon, the claim that this game has bigger and better levels than OoT isn't washing any more.

The issue is, travel time between temples in MM was huge, hours at least.

I should think so too, what with there only being four temples. I'm just about to get to the third temple, and I've been playing for about three hours since finishing the second one. Maybe it gets worse later on, but at the moment, no complaints here.

Absolutely, the time between temples early on in TP is great, hours and hours of stuff to do. It's when you get to the later ones that things get a bit disappointing.

Hmmm, well I've just done the water temple and everything is feeling pretty perfect for me.

I'm about to start another session now so we'll see....

I'm finding this game quite slow :D I am not rushing through the story, but doing a lot of exploring and minigames etc in between dungeons. It's great that way.

can anyone give me some tips on how to fish? i'm hopeless at it, but need t do it as part of the game.

can anyone give me some tips on how to fish? i'm hopeless at it, but need t do it as part of the game.

Im about to start the first dungeon i think, greeat so far! Cant play any more 'till chrismas though.:(

About fishing, when the lure sinks, just pull the wiimote up slowly and it should say "FISH ON!". Then just keep pulling it up and you have your fish!

I'm finding this game quite slow :D I am not rushing through the story, but doing a lot of exploring and minigames etc in between dungeons. It's great that way.

So am I. I'm trying to stretch the experience.

Even though I've always liked LoZ games, I never really loved them. Somehow I also prefered the 2D ones.

TP is really amazing though. I'm not really far into the game, but the refreshing controls and the beautiful scenery make this game the best Zelda I've played and it deserves a spot on my top 10 list of best games.

People that rush through Zelda games should be crushed under a huge boulder.

I've spent 2 hours on the game and I'm only at the second temple.

I love its slowness and puzzle solving.

I'm taking my time completing the game will feel really nice when I finaly finish it.

I'm taking my time completing the game will feel really nice when I finaly finish it.

Thats quick!

I wasn't even in the first temple after 2 hours!

I'm sorry what? I was still in Ordon Village after 2 hours. What. The. Fuck?

that is very quick, it took me well over 2 hours to reach the first temple.

You can't possibly mean 2 hours?

Hmmm, getting to the 6th temple now and it seems like the game's being rushed to be honest. 20 minutes between dungeon 5 and 6... surely I'm not alone in thinking that that's a bit off??

All the calls about how these 8/9 dungeons were bigger the OoT's etc... I can't really see this, I'd say they're the same size, if not smaller (some of the later ones). And again, the journey time between them later on is so short it makes it worse!

Yeah, it does speed up a bit. Fortunately there's a nice long sequence between the sixth and seventh dungeons. Eight is alright but nine is especially short, despite being awesome.

Can I ask for a mild spoiler? Is the 9th the final dungeon ie: Ganon's Castle from OoT, the Moon from MM etc..?

Glad to hear there's a long sequence between 6 and 7.

Can I ask for a mild spoiler? Is the 9th the final dungeon ie: Ganon's Castle from OoT, the Moon from MM etc..?

Glad to hear there's a long sequence between 6 and 7.

Yeah, it's one of those style castles.

Ah well shame, was hoping for a really fantastic (and long) final castle dungeon...

I'm in the 6th dungeon now. I played for about 20 hours, but it seems I haven't found many sidequests yet. Maybe I'm too stupid to find them. I think after this dungeon I will search every single place I've been for minigames etc.

Did anyone play the minigame in the fishing place. Well in the house. I don't remember the name, but I think the controls are similar to the ones in Monkey Ball (still waiting for my sister to bring me this game :D ). This was quite fun to play.

^ Rollgoal or Rollagoal! Yes. They were fun though it seems that the ball could only be tipped left or right, not diagonally. Which might have just been my mad skillz. Or an unnecessary limitation. Not sure.

You can tilt it any direction but it's harder to do so, just makes a little easier, in a good way. This is a great little game. And there's loads of side missions! Most of them are in Kakiro (sp?) and Castle Town.

I've just done Arboter Grounds, can someone tell me which number dungeon it is? Got no idea.