NEurope
arab_freak

Official Spider-Man 3 Thread [big spoilers within]

Well since it is considered the weakest of the trilogy to most people who liked the first two im guessing you'll love this!

I just got back from my local Odeon and there wern't alot of people there. There was about 8 people there plus me in a cinema supposed to house a couple of hundred people, so it was quite nice. I though the movie was ok, i like how he took revenge on everyone, that was sweet :) all and all a grate movie.

Was just wondring if you guys would recommend this to someone who thought spider man was the most average film ever made and spider man 2 worst film since 1999

you'll love it...i thought the first was good at best, second was average at best, this one though i think is one of the best films i've ever seen

Terrible film, a real disappointment

They changed loads from the comics, rushed through every bit of plot and the combat was very, very lame

Worst Spiderman film? Im tempted to call it the worst superhero film!

Terrible film, a real disappointment

They changed loads from the comics, rushed through every bit of plot and the combat was very, very lame

You clearly haven't seen:

Fantastic 4

Batman Forever/ And Robin

DareDevil

Catwoman

The Hulk

The Phantom

think I forgot one

Fantastic 4

DareDevil

Catwoman

The Hulk

The Phantom

think I forgot one

You forgot X-Men 3 and Superman 3-4. :heh:

Oh and Batman Forever/ And Robin.

Exageration? I'm tempted to call this the biggest exageration!

Also, whilst it would have been nice to see more of Venom, I think setting up a Symbiote trilogy would have been a terrible idea! Firstly Carnage is terrible and secondly, I'm not sure if the symbiote baddies are especially good for the people seeing the film who aren't really into the Comics/Cartoons etc... I think they are a bit to 'unbelievabe' if you know what I mean?!

oh, so I did. Consider Bret 'I shit on hope' Ratner's monster included.

Exageration? I'm tempted to call this the biggest exageration!

Also, whilst it would have been nice to see more of Venom, I think setting up a Symbiote trilogy would have been a terrible idea! Firstly Carnage is terrible and secondly, I'm not sure if the symbiote baddies are especially good for the people seeing the film who aren't really into the Comics/Cartoons etc... I think they are a bit to 'unbelievabe' if you know what I mean?!

temped to agree with you. Firstly, Carnage is wank, beloved only by 13 year old boys and Venom fanboys. Also, Venom would only warrant one film to himself, although it could be a good one. His Spider powers etc include knowing all of Parker's secrets, so it could have made for a good plot if Venom blackmailed and tortured Peter with his knowledge.

ppl are over exaggerating, saying things like "its the owrst superhero movie made".

Even if u didn't like it, you cant say that.

I loved it

Piss off, Superman 3 is quality, the dark Superman vs Clark Kent fight scene makes it better than most films.

I'll agree with that. Love the Dark Superman Vs Clark scene, rest of the movie isnt exactly brilliant though but that one scenes makes it worthwhile.

I also agree that Carnage just wouldnt work. Personally I think Venom only just worked, he was becoming a bit cartoonish for the movies. Carnage however to have him done justice would have to make the movies a hell of a lot darker as he is a mass murderer and anything less would just be stupid.

ppl are over exaggerating, saying things like "its the owrst superhero movie made".

Even if u didn't like it, you cant say that.

I loved it

We can´t say that?

Let me try: Spiderman 3 is one of the worst movie based on a comic i´ve ever seen.

Hey i could! I guess your wrong...

I thought it was very good, the new goblin and Sandman were ace, Venom was felt rished and you didn't see enough of him, only fleeting glances at his face and body. I think they should've made a whole film on him, it dealt with too many things.

Still it was geat and I enjoyed it imensely, but as a fan I would say it could have been better.

You know what, the first film is actually better than I remember. It's really rather brilliant.

You know what, the first film is actually better than I remember. It's really rather brilliant.

The second one is amazing. The fights with Doc Ock were superb, especially the one on the train.

Fantastic 4

DareDevil

Catwoman

The Hulk

The Phantom

think I forgot one

OK, i forgot about a lot of those. I'd still put Spidey 3 very low on the list though.

Something down the lines of:

Daredevil

X-Men 3

Hulk

Spidey 3

Superman Returns

Fantastic 4

Elektra

Catwoman

Batman Forever

Batman And Robin

I liked Daredevil and X-Men 3 and thought Hulk was OK. Spidey 3 is imo a terrible end to the trilogy, it felt too rushed.

They just skimmed over 2 of the biggest villains in the Spiderman universe!

On the plus side they made a great character out of Sandman and didnt kill him off so he'll be back :D

My main gripe with the film was actually Venom. They should have left him out and spent the screen time elsewhere, the whole film would have been 10x better!

My main gripe with the film was actually Venom. They should have left him out and spent the screen time elsewhere, the whole film would have been 10x better!
Well I'd say it's the fans fault for demanding Venom be in the films and thus making them rush Venom and his story out too quickly!

Should have just let Raimi have his way and not include Venom in the films; or at least not in this one!

I have my suspicions that Venom will be back however and that his character will be expanded upon...

What if Spiderman 3 was just setting up Brock and the symbiote.

Brock could go off to plot his revenge and during this time the symbiote takes more of a hold over his personality. After spending the extra time together they could return having thought up the name Venom and refering to themselves as 'we' as he has been fully corrupted. Peter could say, "Eddie look what it's done to you" and he could reply, "We are not Eddie, we are Venom".

Venom could be 'destroyed' a second time by getting attached to a rocket (like in the cartoons).

And I know it's your opinion, but IMO NO WAY was Hulk better than Spiderman 3! The Hulk is one of the worst films ever made, let alone one of the worst comic book films! It's SO dull!

Saw the film last night, really enjoyed it. I agree that it could have done with a bit more Venom, but what was there was excellent!

I think they probably could have developed Venom's character a bit more, the whole little meteor thing without any sort of explanation was a bit rushed but I still thoroughly enjoyed it!

Saw the film last night, really enjoyed it. I agree that it could have done with a bit more Venom, but what was there was excellent!

I think they probably could have developed Venom's character a bit more, the whole little meteor thing without any sort of explanation was a bit rushed but I still thoroughly enjoyed it!

They tried to fit in too many villians. I reckon just sandman and the new gobline would've worked far far better. Venom is a film in himself.

They tried to fit in too many villians. I reckon just sandman and the new gobline would've worked far far better. Venom is a film in himself.

Yeah, you're probably right, it still a really enjoyable film though!

Fantastic 4

DareDevil

Catwoman

The Hulk

The Phantom

think I forgot one

you left out electra:)

Everything that wasn't vemon in that film was a bit bad.... hell even that meteor part was a joke the cartoon did that far better but i still enoyed the fight scenes but this is a film that suffers from the exact same problem xmen 3 suffered from

lol in my cinema everyone cried at the end, yes, all eight of them, when Harry died and Peter Parker gave his little moral speach.

Also when they were having what looked like a party for Spider-man i think the announcer said,

"who saves us all from destruction? who puts out our fires? and who protects us all?"

I was tempted to shout out "the fire-department!"

Well....Spider-Man 3 wasn't as bad as people made it out to be. It's still a pretty good film. Just had a bit too much going on.

Also, it seemed to introduce Gwen's Dad (Dr. Cochrane!!!!) like he was going to be quite important, then mostly forgot about him.

Fantastic 4

DareDevil

Catwoman

The Hulk

The Phantom

think I forgot one

Batman Forever is the second best Batman film, better than the first 2.....(Batman and Robin, however, was a complete pile of shit).

And you missed Ghost Rider...that is THE worst film ever.

you'll love it...i thought the first was good at best, second was average at best, this one though i think is one of the best films i've ever seen

Y.. you... you thought this was the best and 2 the weakest?! :weep:

EDIT: Oh wait.. you're 15.

I hope 4 (if done by the same people, cast & crew etc) will correct some of the silliness of this installment.