N-Europe

Kororinpa

Dante

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, is anyone picking this up come Friday? I have a few 360 games that I want traded in so I will probably get this with the credit note. I hoping I have unlocked Super Excite mode on ExciteTruck before then though....

I'll be using Gamestation credit notes as well for this. Still looking forward to it. I'm getting really 'into' my Wii again and want some new games to play on it. So the more the better! :)

Excitetruck is great, so lets hope this is the same! :yay:

I've got it pre-ordered from Amazon. I wasn't 100% sure about it but I can't wait another month for SSX Blur to come out which will be my next purchase, so I decided to splash out. It's £35 from Amazon btw.

Wasn't it meant to be a budget title at £20?

I think I'm gonna buy this. The only thing bad in most reviews is that it's not that very long, but with the little gametime I have left, every game starts to take ages.

I passed on Excitetruck, might be hard when I actually get in the store and see them both.... hmmm.

IGN UK REVIEW - 6.0

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/766/766690p1.html

Unfortunately, just as the game's visual charms and crafty level designs are pulling you in, it's all over. Kororinpa tragically feels like an unfinished game, never realising its full potential. There are only 40 levels, with a handful of secret ones to unlock. However, because many of the early stages feel like basic tutorials, teaching you how to effectively manipulate the environments, things only becoming challenging around level 20. It's possible to rocket through the main adventure in about three hours and then there's nothing much else to do beyond beating your best times or trying to unlock the remaining secret stages.
Closing Comments

It’s hard not to warm to Kororinpa. The game’s cuter-than-cute visual style, jolly soundtrack and cunning level design are tough difficult to resist, assuming you're not a stone-hearted misery. However, simply too much of the game feels either half-finished or rough around the edges. There aren't enough levels, challenge is practically non-existant and the ill-conceived camera is an endless source of annoyance. It is possible to have fun with Kororinpa but that’s more to do with its boundless charm than gameplay polish.

I like it. You''ll finish it in no time though if the game is like the first world, quite easy.

It's a Nintendo game ain't it? I got Stars with it, which don't seem to be working. May have to ring customer services...if i can be bothered. :)

I like it. You''ll finish it in no time though if the game is like the first world, quite easy.

It's a Nintendo game ain't it? I got Stars with it, which don't seem to be working. May have to ring customer services...if i can be bothered. :)

sometimes games that are released on Friday can't be registered till the following Monday. NOE sometimes forget to upload/turn on the VIP Code thing....

Just checked my stars and they wont go in either, must be as Gentleben said.