N-Europe

Torchwood

KKOB

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im aware RTD was inspired by Angel and Buffy, but inspired is one thing, copying is another. Broody (at times granted) tall dark hero wearing a long trenchcoat standing on a rooftop of a large city. And the first scene was very similar to Angel's. Rainy alleyway, noir lighting etc.

Anyway, it was...okay. Don't like any characters apart from Jack. The guy who had the deodrant thing reminds me of someone (and a rat, but thats a different story). Anyway, that brief story was so Hollyoaks.

Oh and this episode, if it doesn't at least mention its an alien succubus im going to be annoyed. Fair do, play on classic stories, but don't act like you made it up.

really enjoyed it!!!

i pissed myself laughing when they put that weevel in the cell-looked like he was hannibal lecter and i swear they used the same set as what was used in the silence of the lambs and red dragon!

i cant wait for the next episode-i love how its totally different to Doctor Who :D

Im aware RTD was inspired by Angel and Buffy, but inspired is one thing, copying is another. Broody (at times granted) tall dark hero wearing a long trenchcoat standing on a rooftop of a large city. And the first scene was very similar to Angel's. Rainy alleyway, noir lighting etc.

Anyway, it was...okay. Don't like any characters apart from Jack. The guy who had the deodrant thing reminds me of someone (and a rat, but thats a different story). Anyway, that brief story was so Hollyoaks.

Oh and this episode, if it doesn't at least mention its an alien succubus im going to be annoyed. Fair do, play on classic stories, but don't act like you made it up.

I did mention his plagiarism before, didn't I?

Anyway, I played some poker on Xbox Live instead, and judging from the lack of gushing comments 45 minutes after it ended, I made the right move.

Oh and something else, invincible main character. Granted Angel wasn't completely invincible (which makes him more interesting). I think there was a lot of hype, and it tried to take itself way too seriously.

thats what makes it funny and kitch-its part of its charm and appeal-very much like doctor who-it has the same cheap polyester feel whilst still being throughly enjoyable and fun!

great TV

Doctor Who is silly, its unashamably silly. Torchwood is trying to be serious, adult and stuff. Its trying to be bleak and dark and it just ended up looking stupid.

I mean it was okay, but will only watch it when im in (and maybe some eps towards the end as I've read the spoilers and they sound good)

Doctor Who is silly, its unashamably silly. Torchwood is trying to be serious, adult and stuff. Its trying to be bleak and dark and it just ended up looking stupid.

I mean it was okay, but will only watch it when im in (and maybe some eps towards the end as I've read the spoilers and they sound good)

differences in opinion-i absolutely loved it! the sex thing made me laugh and some of the comedy in it i found awesome. i just enjoyed it!!!

and i'm really looking forward to it next week at 10pm people!!!

how many episodes in this series?

I really enjoyed it, although I do think that it was trying a bit too hard to say, 'This isn't Doctor Who' what with all the sex and swearing at every opportunity. Even though they said it'd be like this, I bet that there were still parents all over the country switching their TVs off because their Doctor Who mad children were watching.

Doctor Who is silly, its unashamably silly. Torchwood is trying to be serious, adult and stuff.

It's a show about a bisexual time traveller who fights aliens from a secret base underneath Cardiff. The show is silly through and through, and I loved it.

The guy who had the deodrant thing reminds me of someone (and a rat, but thats a different story).

I thought Ira Gaines from 24 when I saw him...

Hmm, I quite enjoyed them, but I just thought they were using all the sex and gore because they could. It seemed tacked on... But it was good.

It's a show about a bisexual time traveller who fights aliens from a secret base underneath Cardiff. The show is silly through and through, and I loved it.

Stylistically and thematically it tries to be serious. Shows with silly explanations can be serious (*ahem*), this is not.

My mate will be appearing in episode 12 of this series he was filimg last week up in cardiff for it.

Wow, I know someone who was doing that as well. She said she was going down to Cardiff to see Torchwood, which confused me as it's on telly here as well, but now I am informed. Is it being repeated sometime as I wouldn't mind seeing whether it was as disappointing as you beautiful people are saying.

Wow, I know someone who was doing that as well. She said she was going down to Cardiff to see Torchwood, which confused me as it's on telly here as well, but now I am informed. Is it being repeated sometime as I wouldn't mind seeing whether it was as disappointing as you beautiful people are saying.

Yes wednesdays BBC2 at 9pm

Keep watching for mine and ollie's mate who will be in episode 12 :)

Why did the alien stop the woman when she was about to strip off? I know she wasn't a man but that doesn't mean they can't have fun. She should have at least tried it. it would have made the show a lot better.

no . . . just no! lol

they'll prob be some more woman on woman action hopefully when it makes sense to the story.