NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
solitanze

PS3 to outsell Wii in the US?

http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3978&Itemid=2

Link above. Doesn't seem like 100% GUARANTEED ACCURACY, but not surprised due to brand recognition.

LOCK this thread if you like mods, I don't really care either way, won't be crying in my bed all night long if it does get locked, just thought i'd bring it to the attention of the many forum members of this website.

so they inerviewed 2000 people and then say 8.9million will want the PS3 compares to 5.9million on the Wii. Well i am glad that the figures are so accurate.

it is bollocks. these thing are always dodgey.

Link above. Doesn't seem like 100% GUARANTEED ACCURACY, but not surprised due to brand recognition.

LOCK this thread if you like mods, I don't really care either way, won't be crying in my bed all night long if it does get locked, just thought i'd bring it to the attention of the many forum members of this website.

N-EUROPE POST OF THE YEAR NOMINEE!

Nobody knows what will happen. When more people actually get to experience Wii then their opinions may change.

Wise words.

Dont you mean... 5.9 Million for Wii

and 400,000 for PS3... since thats all their getting on launch :laughing:

Don't compare a rough worldwide estimate for the Wii launch to a confirmed PS3 US only launch.

As far as we know the US is only getting 2 million Wiis on launch, that's a fair comparison at this point in time.

It still owns Sony, but an unfair comparison it was.

So a survey says that twice as many people want a PS3 as is likely to be available, for the forseeable future, at least at current production rates? Hmmm, doesn't say much for the usefulness of this survey! Meanwhile:

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/738/738261p1.html

Wii Sales: Double PS3

Or so predicts investment firm Wedbush Morgan, anyway. Details here.

by Matt Casamassina

October 10, 2006 - In a recently released research brief, investment firm Wedbush Morgan's Michael Pachter predicts that sales of Nintendo's forthcoming Wii console will be double those of Sony's PlayStation 3 system this holiday season.

"We think it is important to note that we expect total U.S. software sales of only $144 million for the PS3 and only $288 million for the Wii, with additional European software sales of $156 million for the Wii in 2006," says Pachter. "These figures are based upon an estimated sell-through of 1.2 million PS3s in the U.S. and a tie ratio of only two (given the likely limited release slate), and sell-through of 2 million Wii hardware units in the U.S. and 1 million in Europe with a tie ratio of three."

Wedbush Morgan's stance on the holiday sales war is realistic. After all, Sony has announced that there will only be 400,000 PS3s available for launch in North America. Nintendo, meanwhile, has stated that that approximately one million Wii systems will be ready for launch when Wii debuts, with another three million coming through December.

Irrespective of who sells the most, the media can still stir up a storm of shit.

300,000 XBOX 360's, who'd have thought such a number could get such press attention. Sony might not be going for launch numbers.. but they'll get the press for sure.

A number doesn't matter that much when everyone is exposed to national press daily.. We might think it's better, Nintendo probably does too.

But Sony probably isn't that fussed, they know the press will have photos of hundreds of people queuing, people dissapointed.. hyped up eBay sales.

Result- the can't have Christmas gift becomes the must have purchase.

If Nintendo doesn't sell out (which is a possibility if they keep upping units) it will look like it's a crap system in some people's eyes.

Irrespective of who sells the most, the media can still stir up a storm of shit.

300,000 XBOX 360's, who'd have thought such a number could get such press attention. Sony might not be going for launch numbers.. but they'll get the press for sure.

A number doesn't matter that much when everyone is exposed to national press daily.. We might think it's better, Nintendo probably does too.

But Sony probably isn't that fussed, they know the press will have photos of hundreds of people queuing, people dissapointed.. hyped up eBay sales.

Result- the can't have Christmas gift becomes the must have purchase.

If Nintendo doesn't sell out (which is a possibility if they keep upping units) it will look like it's a crap system in some people's eyes.

See my comment in the "Wii is flowing freely" thread...

I dont know who will beat who, depends on if the remote is a gimmik or actully good i suppose.

PS3 to outsell Wii everywhere, more like it no?

The Wii was designed and priced with that probability in mind^^^

If Nintendo has learned anything, its how to comfortably survive (and profit) in 2nd or 3rd place.

Tbh, I don't care which sells better.

Why? Well, because Nintendo will be actually making a profit for every console they sell, whilst Sony will make losses on every PS3 sale.

Makes you wonder, who's doing to be the REAL winner? :p

Comptuer says no.

See what I did there?

Intentionally spell Computer wrong?

And also, why is this news surprising?

Whoa, watch out dude!

You nearly broke my Bull Shit detector!

yes but that will all change when people will see the ps3 price.Most people are still uneducated about it

Intentionally spell Computer wrong?

And also, why is this news surprising?

~If you had this on your computer you'd struggle to type too.

There are three kinds of lies: Lies, damned lies, and statistics.-Mark Twain

Numbers don't exactly lie, but if you know how to work them right, they can say anything you want them to.

Not to mention, if you read the story closely, it's people who are prepared to buy it at full price, not people who want it. And I'm willing to wager the Wii's price will drop long before the PS3's price does.

And why do you automatically trust the conductors of the survey? They are a company based mainly around collecting data for in game advertisements. Does that just shout "trustworthy" to you? I'm about ready to call bullshit on the whole story, but I'll wait.

Sign in to follow this