NEurope
DiemetriX

Wii vs Cube

Nice work. I haveto say im happy with the difference, The nme's on MP3 look fine and COD3 shows a nice difference.

You can't deny that it is a fair improvment, and don't forget that Wii graphics are going to get better as we miove away from ports, DS style. Prime and Mario already look quite spectacular in motion compared to their GC counterparts, in my opinion.

Interesting, thanks for that. It does look better but only marginally, less than I was expecting, but I actually don't care now, I really don't. I'm too excited about all of the new system functionality like larger memory, internet and the controller.

Both sides look exactly the same to me...barely any improvement at all over obsolete hardware.:( Mario Galaxy does look very nice in motion though...and in that screenshot.

well, that's far less of a visual improvement than I was hoping for, originally people were saying it was like XBOX 1.5 graphics, a halfway house between the current gen games and next gen games, but these look almost identical. A bit disappointing.

I have to say it's hardly fair to compare Wii games that were whipped up in mere months (not counting Nintendo 1st party), AND mostly on Gamecube dev kits, with Gamecube games that had plenty of development.

When we get the second generation of Wii games that have been entirely developed on final Wii devkits, perhaps we can draw a fairer comparison. :)

I have to say it's hardly fair to compare Wii games that were whipped up in mere months (not counting Nintendo 1st party), AND mostly on Gamecube dev kits, with Gamecube games that had plenty of development.

When we get the second generation of Wii games that have been entirely developed on final Wii devkits, perhaps we can draw a fairer comparison. :)

On the flip side, the GC games shown are ancient, and the Wii ones don't look a whole lot better.

On the flip side, the GC games shown are ancient, and the Wii ones don't look a whole lot better.

Ahh but remember Luigis Mansion and its brilliant graphics? That pushed GC's graphics and that was a launch title.

This is the begining of wii. The developers are doing what they know with the hardware. However I'm sure graphics will improve with time. Try not to forget how GC graphics were in the begining...

pics-luigis-mansion-1.jpg

eternal-darkness-2.jpg

Tbh you're comparing last gen gamecube/xbox games to first gen wii games that haven't even been finished yet. Most of the graphical polishes come in the final stages of development so the games will look a lot better when we actually play them.

Theres more to come from the system thats for sure. When devs really get to grips with the hardware there will be significant improvements in the quality of games.

Theres more to come from the system thats for sure. When devs really get to grips with the hardware there will be significant improvements in the quality of games.

Yeah, I agree.

I think most of the developers are still trying to figure how to use the controller properly and havent really concentrated as much time as they normally would have on graphics.

definatly true but always is the case then a consoles games become graphicly superior then the end of the consoles life is close, with the cube and the likes f-zero and resi 4 it was such a shame the console died prematurly, these games showed how much potential the cube had in it.

I find it ironic how developers spen 5 years leaning a console and jus as they get to grips with it its time for the next generation, what a waste

I think this comparison would be a lot fairer if the pictures were in 640*480 because little things like grass and lighting are easily downsized into oblivion.

But most important the texture difference isn't that noticable if they are downsized.

Seems as if lighting and transparensy effects are the only difference... only difference I can see anyway.

Seems as if lighting and transparensy effects are the only difference... only difference I can see anyway.

like djamb3 says -its early days for Wii development, you wont see the obvious difference really for a good couple years, but i'm already happy that its beating top flight GC games with what are to me noticable improvements.

I'm sorry, but as I've said before... No-one has seen or played a 'finished' Wii game yet!!!! So this kind of comparison is just plain silly...

just wait until November 19th (to be sure), then you can compare all you want to!!!