NEurope
Tellyn

Virtual Console - All you need to know

Are we getting Castlevania today?? Really want it!

We Europeans get it friday with Super Probotector, Ice Hockey, Baseball and Sim City.

i want street fighter today :(

EDIT: Am i the only one who's contantly struggling to get the wii connected to the virtual shop??

i want street fighter today :(

EDIT: Am i the only one who's contantly struggling to get the wii connected to the virtual shop??

It might be your connection, mine connects fine. How far are you away from your access point?

It might be your connection, mine connects fine. How far are you away from your access point?

same room, it seems to work fine with messages and miis and such, but virtual console is often a pain to get going.

My Wii is right next to my USB dongle and its never always connected. It used to be, but its not anymore which is relaly annoying. It can sometimes get 1 bar, then doesnt connect. Only when I sometimes test the connection it connects. Then right after I go to the shop channel or the weather channel and it doesnt connect. I wish I got a router for christmas. However when it connects its great, downloaded 2 games fine.

I want Golden Axe, but I'm short of 100 points :(

Not sure if its been posted but i saw this at gonintendo:

Upcoming Jap VC releases

NES

Ikki (Sunsoft)

Ice Climber (Nintendo)

Kid Icarus (Nintendo)

Zelda II: The Adventure of Link (Nintendo)

SNES

Fire Emblem: Seisen no Keifu (Nintendo)

N64

Mario Kart 64 (Nintendo)

Genesis

Bonanza Bros (Sega)

Gain Ground (Sega)

TurboGrafx-16

Alien Crush (Hudson)

Motoraeder (Hudson)

R・TYPE II (Hudson)

Soldier Blade (Hudson)

They get Mario Kart 64 :(

Super Mario Kart > Mario Kart 64.

Kid Icarus (Nintendo)

Zelda II: The Adventure of Link (Nintendo)

Fire Emblem: Seisen no Keifu (Nintendo)

:cry::sad:

is there anyway to start a new game on DKC without pulling the power from your wii so it looses your savepoint?

is there anyway to start a new game on DKC without pulling the power from your wii so it looses your savepoint?

Press the Reset button? Not sure if that would work only a guess.

Press the Reset button? Not sure if that would work only a guess.

nope.

grr/ they should of thought of this.

at the start there should be a start game and continue game option./

nope.

Try deleting and downloading again.

I can just pull the power out...

but on DKC you can have 3 saves so if i wanted to start agin but keep my save id need to pull the power or it will run the nintendo wiis savepoint (when you press home and exit) has anyone found a solution?

nope.

Well i just tried Sonic, and space harrier 2. Pressing reset, reset the game to the Sega logo as if i just pressed reset on the real machine. :hmm:

Edit: Just tried Mario Bro's and it reset properly too... you sure you pressed the Reset button on the Wii console?

Well i just tried Sonic, and space harrier 2. Pressing reset, reset the game to the Sega logo as if i just pressed reset on the real machine. :hmm:

Edit: Just tried Mario Bro's and it reset properly too... you sure you pressed the Reset button on the Wii console?

Reset on the wii console yes.

reset on the wii menu no.

i will try it.

new titles are up, but where's street fighter? where's street fighter? where's street fighter??

Damn! 100 points short of getting Sim City! Im sure tht version was on the NES tho!

Nah, it's the SNES. Unlucky. :(

I'll think of you when I download it later! ;)

Oh man i'm so tempted to make my first VC d/l, but what to download R-Type or Super Castlevania.... i played R-Type when i was younger but not Castlevania, I remember enjoying R-Type, but i hear Castlevania IV was one of the best Castlevania games...... someone help me choose

its exactly the opposite for me. i've played castlevania4, but not r-type while i know its one of the better shooters out there.

i'd go for castlevania4, firstly cos u never played it yet and secondly, its just a great game. certainly one of the best old style 2d castlevanias released. by which i mean the pre-SOTN games. get r-type later. always go for new experiences first!

It looks like VC's Super Castlevania 4 is optimized version. I can't confirm this by myself, but I post more when situation develops.

Optimized version? In what ways? You mean optimized from the Japanese/American version or European version? If it's the latter, I might wanna take a look at (I've already got Castlevania on my SNES).

Optimized version? In what ways? You mean optimized from the Japanese/American version or European version? If it's the latter, I might wanna take a look at (I've already got Castlevania on my SNES).

Well, I got confirmation. Resolution has been fixed so there isn't any black borders, but the game does still run in original PAL speed.