NEurope
Tellyn

Virtual Console - All you need to know

Probably already mention but I want to praise this feature as i was not sure if it was going to make it.

When you exit a VC it saves your exact position like save state on an emulater.

Nice one.

Yep, just noticed this my self 10 mins ago, Very nice! One feature i didn't expect but am really really happy to see :D. Especially for games you can't save in :D.

Golden Axe is so tempting.. Do I risk a few quid (I'm on like £40 until the Uni pay my bursary next week, and if they don't I'm screwed).

Wow the VC and the Shop are so efficient. Just bought 3000 Wii Points on it (I thought I was going to have to go out and buy some but now thats efficient

From Friday, 15 December

Gunstar Heroes

From Friday, 29 December

Super Probotector, and Super Castlevania IV (Super Nintendo)

R-TYPE (Turbografx/PC Engine)

:D:D:D (there is no single grin smiley big enough to match mine)

Can't wait for those games!

Hey, I'm not sure if it's just me or not, but did anyone else notice Mario 64 seems to be better than the old PAL cart? I couldn't really see the borders.

Do ya get stars if you buy games on the VC ?

I bought Mario 64 last night, just checked my VIP lounge but it doesn't show any new stars.

I hope it's not too long before we can use our stars for points.

Is anyone of you using Nintendo's Wifi USB thing to connect to the Virtual Console? If you are, then could you explain to me a bit how everything is done and does the computer have to be in the same room with the wii for this to be possible? And is it easier to just use the wifi usb thing or just have a wireless "something"?

Is anyone of you using Nintendo's Wifi USB thing to connect to the Virtual Console? If you are, then could you explain to me a bit how everything is done and does the computer have to be in the same room with the wii for this to be possible? And is it easier to just use the wifi usb thing or just have a wireless "something"?

Im using it and here is my setup.

I have my pc downstairs with the dongle plugged in and my Wii is upstairs. The PC has to be on for it to connect. I reinstalled the dongle yesterday and then just click on the WIFI logo on your PC and allow the Wii access to it. Its very simple, once that is done you are all set.

Not happy with the release for Toejam and Earl, im sure I can wait though.

Because its coming out on friday 15th December thats why, look up at dantes post ;)

Ah i checked over his post twice and i must have missed it both times, Great now anther 6 days to wait

I personally think games like NES Soccer are a tad over priced to me, the main concern is why aren't they releashing more N64 games on it hopefully in the new year then.

I've just got Bomberman so far, I'm looking forward to playing it mulitplayer once I've got another remote/classic controller. I do think some are over priced too, I hope there are ways to win points one day, it would be nice to get some for free.

I reckon games that have been out for a year on the VC should and probably will be cut in price

I found it wierd that, I had my Wii connected to my WIFI USB dongle, the ninty one. This was today, so i turned off my pc to play some games. Then i turned my pc back on while the Wii was on.

That message that tells you that a user is conncted was showing straight away.....

If I'm not going crazy i swear that the wii is still connected online via the dongle....but then it makes no sense because there's no power to the dongle and its off/not emmiting wifi...

If I'm not going crazy i swear that the wii is still connected online via the dongle....but then it makes no sense because there's no power to the dongle and its off/not emmiting wifi...

USB-ports do get power even if rest of the system is shut down.

Just got me DKC, I forgot what an awesome soundtrack that game has. Im hoping they put the other 2 on in the near future.

USB-ports do get power even if rest of the system is shut down.

I just read the manual and if the yellow light is in it means that Wiiconnect24 is on, doesnt necessarily mean its connected.

I just changed my system setting to Australia connected to there shop and download there Sonic and it still has borders, I dont know whats going on because there megadrive games are full screen!

People...I know its probably something...but for those moaning, do you have your Wii in 50hz or 60hz mode?

People...I know its probably something...but for those moaning, do you have your Wii in 50hz or 60hz mode?

I have mine set on 60hz

AAH! Just read the news that our useless starpoints can be traded for the precious Wii-points!!! Finally a good move on Ninty's part! Now I'll be able to complete my retro-collection!!! Question: are all older games to be controlled with a cube controller???

Wii love it!

Question: are all older games to be controlled with a cube controller???

Most of them. Depends on what Mega Drive and Turbografx games are released on VC. Some may require the Classic Controller.

It is supposed to be but are you connecting through a uni internet access point then you can see where I am going with this firewalls and shop channnel seriously doesn't mix

I was trying to connect about half an hour ago and it kept erroring me, with a number I didnt write down.

Happened twice so I turned off.

Hope it isnt cos of my connection or anything.