NEurope
Tellyn

Virtual Console - All you need to know

For the first time I was able to connect to the shop today, then I wanted to go and purchase some points and it crashes on me.

:(

I'm triyng to add people to my list and it stays blan where the address list should be then a message pops up. (It's on PiP so this is direct form it)

"There is a problem with WiiConnect24. ....

I just tried again, and i got onto my address book but could not register a new person, internet settings were wierd.

now it won't connect through the WIFI dongle!

Seems to be a general fault

I keep noticing NOEs site keeps getting 500 errors

now its wierd. As I've got Wiiconnect24 on, internet on, standby mode on. Yet the little man isnt running on my WIFI thing on my pc.

I hope it isnt like this al the time :(

Just looked on Nintedno Europe and its got my VC game that I got and says:

Thank you for downloading

'Donkey Kong Country'

You will soon be able to claim your stars here.

I wonder how many stars we will get for a VC game ?

Yeah I got the same message as well, but for all 3 games I downloaded Bonks Adventure, Bomberman 93 and Donkey kong Jr.

I'm guessing the amount of stars given will depend on how many Wii points you spent to download the game? Or Possibly 10% of the Wii pts you spent turned into stars?

Just looked on Nintedno Europe and its got my VC game that I got and says:

I wonder how many stars we will get for a VC game ?

I was just about to type where'd you see this then I noticed it.

I got it for Donkey Kong, I wonder when we can get them.

Now I'm really cheesed off. My Wii isnt connecting to my wifi dongle....

When I turn it on, it sayd its connected, when I turn it off it doesnt connect then decides to connect for a second then not connect.

thats probably because the signal from the wii isnt as strong when on standby, mine seems to do the same thing, tis usually fine though.

thats probably because the signal from the wii isnt as strong when on standby, mine seems to do the same thing, tis usually fine though.

mmm I would have thoguht the signal woudl be good, i mean its wireless g/b thats the same in everything wireless(not everythig but you know what I mean) is it not?

Tis kinda annoying but I'll just have to make do.

To be honest i dont hav a clue, sometimes its fine sometimes its real weak but when the wii itself is at ful power its fine. anywho i need more points for this friday, columns and gunstar heroes, bring it on.

Sorry I haven't updated in a while, European list is up to date but I'm struggling with the US. Any Americans want to help me out?

Yes if you look through the menu of games it says how many players each game is for and which controllers you can use.

Guys i have a question....Lets just pretend i am rich (or a freak) and i start downloading all day until all the channels are full.....what next (i mean if i want to download more)? Ever thought of that? I suppose buying a bigger TV wont do any difference right!!!!!?!!!!!

You would have to delete some or buy an SD card. The Shop Channel keeps a record of your purchases and lets you redownload them at a later date.

How have you guys found Ecco the Dolphin, Bomberman, and Bonk's Adventure to be? I'm thinking of downloading some things with money I get at christmas and can't decide which. I'm definately going for Gunstar, and will probably have 1200-2200 points left over after that. What would you recommend?

(One exception is Golden Axe, which I have on the original Genesis aswell as emulated)

I'm enjoying Bomberman. I've been playing the single player story mode and am about half way through, it's lasting me a while and it's fun. Obviously it's good for multi-player too if you can get some people up for it, I haven't so far though.

whats up with Nintendo? Surely they can pump out more than one VC game a week?

This week in the US:

NES Tennis

Military Madness (TG16)

Space Harrier 2 (Genesis)

whats up with Nintendo? Surely they can pump out more than one VC game a week?

This week in the US:

NES Tennis

Military Madness (TG16)

Space Harrier 2 (Genesis)

They are just staggering them if you had 1000's of games to buy you may be overwhelmed also releasing a few at a time increases anticipation and profits as people will just buy what they can get.

right but wasnt this supposed to be the 'ipod' of video games? Imagine if the I-tunes store only released 2 or 3 albums a week.

Dont get me wrong i love what theyre trying to achieve with the VC but im not thrilled about they way theyre handling it

right but wasnt this supposed to be the 'ipod' of video games? Imagine if the I-tunes store only released 2 or 3 albums a week.

Have you considered following things:

1) With current pace, Nintendo will release over 200 games during 2007, and over 1000 after five years. There isn't really that many great videogames around, so it just natural that the pace is slower. And what comes to current NES titles, Donkey Kong, Baseball, Tennis and Golf are few of the most best selling NES titles, only surpassed by Super Mario Bros.

2) If Nintendo had released, say, about 300 titles at same time, it would seriously hurt sales of most titles because they would simply go unnoticed. 3rd parties especially would suffer during the process. This is extremely important as Nintendo is trying to prove that 3rd parties that their games can sell on Wii (that's was also why WarioWare and Metroid Prime 3 were pushed farther on release scheducle).

3) You can easily gather more money by releasing titles in small batches. Why is that? Simply because customers pay more attention to latest titles when there is only few of them. They are more prone to do impulse purchases and buy titles that they would otherwise never buy.

Thought I'd use the VC, but I can't be bothered. Although this thread has made me play Gunstar heros on my PC again with a psx pad.

A good virtual console game would be Zombies Ate My Neighbours imo.