NEurope
Tellyn

Virtual Console - All you need to know

Right. For those who are thinking of purchasing a Wii Points Card, bear in mind the system does accept more than just VISA and Mastercard. I tried, and succeeded, in making a Wii Points transaction using a VISA Electron card.

Its better value and you have a choice of points.

Nice 1 m8 :)

U got a list of what games are on the VC ?

yeah would be handy.

can u use switch?

Anyone downloaded F-Zero yet?

I just did and the borders are very very tiny if even there at all, they were way bigger on the SNES I dont know if it running in 50Hz since I have never played an NTSC F-Zero. can anyone confirm this?

I was considering downloading something, but theres really no need considering sports, play and zelda, so I'm gonna refrain from even using the VC yet, because I'll just end up buying lots of stuff I'll never play.

Anyway, what are you playing DKC with? I'm curious as to how it plays with both the VC and GC controllers, and which is better in your opinion.

When you bought the points, did you use a credit card or buy them from a shop? If you used a credit card, did you at any point worry about how secure it was?

Probably already mention but I want to praise this feature as i was not sure if it was going to make it.

When you exit a VC it saves your exact position like save state on an emulater.

Nice one.

Just bought Altered Beast due to the absence of Toejam. Freaking classic game didnt remember it being this easy though.

I was considering downloading something, but theres really no need considering sports, play and zelda, so I'm gonna refrain from even using the VC yet, because I'll just end up buying lots of stuff I'll never play.

Anyway, what are you playing DKC with? I'm curious as to how it plays with both the VC and GC controllers, and which is better in your opinion.

When you bought the points, did you use a credit card or buy them from a shop? If you used a credit card, did you at any point worry about how secure it was?

I use a Classic Controller. I purchased a 2000 point card from the store where I bought my Wii.

Erm...how come you can only pay by mastercard and visa card whoever heard of good old switch?!

VC gameslist. :)

Nintendo has updated its release schedule for Wii’s online Virtual Console service, adding to the range of old school classics for download.

Ignoring the PAL complications outlined earlier this week (grrr), Wii’s Virtual Console line-up is starting to look irresistible for determined retro gamers. You’ll excuse us listing the games you may already know about: makes our lives a bit easier, and anyway means you can make your shopping list from one handy story!

We’re dead keen to try out the Turbografx/PC Engine games now, in particular Alien Crush and R-TYPE – both the choice of connoisseurs. Anyway we digress, the full list of VC games for Europe now reads as follows:

From Friday, 8 December

Super Mario 64 (Nintendo 64)

F-Zero TM, Donkey Kong Country TM (Super Nintendo)

Mario Bros., The Legend of Zelda, Donkey Kong and Wario's Woods (NES)

Sonic the Hedgehog, Altered Beast, Golden Axe and Ecco the Dolphin (SEGA MEGA DRIVE)

Bonk’s Adventure, Super Star Soldier, Victory Run, Bomberman ’93 and Dungeon Explorer (Turbografx/PC Engine)

From Friday, 15 December

Urban Champion, Solomon's Key and Pinball (NES)

Columns, Gunstar Heroes, Ristar, Dr. Robotonik’s Mean Bean Machine (SEGA MEGA DRIVE)

Alien Crush TM (Turbografx/PC Engine)

From Friday, 22 December

Donkey Kong Jr., Soccer and Tennis (NES)

Space Harrier II and Toe Jam & Earl (SEGA MEGA DRIVE)

Military Madness (Turbografx/PC Engine)

From Friday, 29 December

SimCity, Super Probotector, and Super Castlevania IV (Super Nintendo)

Baseball and Ice Hockey (NES)

R-TYPE (Turbografx/PC Engine)

VC gameslist. :)

Nintendo has updated its release schedule for Wii’s online Virtual Console service, adding to the range of old school classics for download.

Ignoring the PAL complications outlined earlier this week (grrr), Wii’s Virtual Console line-up is starting to look irresistible for determined retro gamers. You’ll excuse us listing the games you may already know about: makes our lives a bit easier, and anyway means you can make your shopping list from one handy story!

We’re dead keen to try out the Turbografx/PC Engine games now, in particular Alien Crush and R-TYPE – both the choice of connoisseurs. Anyway we digress, the full list of VC games for Europe now reads as follows:

From Friday, 8 December

Super Mario 64 (Nintendo 64)

F-Zero TM, Donkey Kong Country TM (Super Nintendo)

Mario Bros., The Legend of Zelda, Donkey Kong and Wario's Woods (NES)

Sonic the Hedgehog, Altered Beast, Golden Axe and Ecco the Dolphin (SEGA MEGA DRIVE)

Bonk’s Adventure, Super Star Soldier, Victory Run, Bomberman ’93 and Dungeon Explorer (Turbografx/PC Engine)

From Friday, 15 December

Urban Champion, Solomon's Key and Pinball (NES)

Columns, Gunstar Heroes, Ristar, Dr. Robotonik’s Mean Bean Machine (SEGA MEGA DRIVE)

Alien Crush TM (Turbografx/PC Engine)

From Friday, 22 December

Donkey Kong Jr., Soccer and Tennis (NES)

Space Harrier II and Toe Jam & Earl (SEGA MEGA DRIVE)

Military Madness (Turbografx/PC Engine)

From Friday, 29 December

SimCity, Super Probotector, and Super Castlevania IV (Super Nintendo)

Baseball and Ice Hockey (NES)

R-TYPE (Turbografx/PC Engine)

Em Dante where did you get your list from? Source or something. Because I would love to believe you I really would so come on do tell

Anyone else think the Classic Controller is really comfortable?

I was actually surprised to find it isn't all that bad to hold.

Dunno if I should download some VC games or not...too many games to play already. But, damn, it's so tempting!

ohhh I would love to download Alien Crush one of my favourite games I em downloaded for my em pc.

But I must resit these, I must

So it's going to get updated each friday (as opposed to Monday in US).That's cool.

I won't be purchasing any games yet as I have no Wii Points. I'll have to wait until either christmas when I get some or when NOE let us use stars to buy points.

...:( Whens Gunstar Heores being released. I wenton the the shop channel to get it and it wasnt there.

I dont know what to get ive got 2000 points there for me and i dont know what to get. I might wait for a while before loads of games come out on it.

...:( Whens Gunstar Heores being released. I wenton the the shop channel to get it and it wasnt there.

I dont know what to get ive got 2000 points there for me and i dont know what to get. I might wait for a while before loads of games come out on it.

Because its coming out on friday 15th December thats why, look up at dantes post ;)

..meh.. I couldn't get any Wii points cards.. anywhere.. hmph

..shall have to wait and try again next week.. but it means no Golden Axe tonight..

..just have to make do with Zelda and Wii Sports then :heh: