NEurope
Tellyn

Virtual Console - All you need to know

What about Super Mario Bros. 2 ? I would say that one will be next and before Super Mario Bros. 3 :)

Would make more sense :)

I'm not sure that was actually released in Europe?

Of course it wasTelly.

Not making Street Fighter Turbo is stupid, why release the inferior one other than to make more money in the long run? Argh!!

Probtector is awesome though!

I've played the championship and turbo editions of Street Fighter 2, but its been years. What is the difference between normal, championship and turbo edition?

Nobody actually knows, they just like to whinge that whatever it is- is not turbo.

To be honest, they're both so refined, and so balanced that there is very marginal differences.

Knowing that Turbo is a long way off.. who really cares?

If you know the difference you've probably played it before which means buying it on the Wii is not only retarded but whinging about it is even more retarded.

Just get the damned world warrior one- I remember it being a laugh.

Of course it wasTelly.

Not making Street Fighter Turbo is stupid, why release the inferior one other than to make more money in the long run? Argh!!

Probtector is awesome though!

Sorry I'm thinking of the Japanese version which wasn't Super Mario 2 at all, but it got changed for the western release/.

Well any shop. Gamestation, GAME.

I saw in Gamestation they had a preowned one

Where do you live, Dreamsville? Also, I had never seen the green username Iun has before... you don't get more powerful than that.

My understanding on the turbo and hyper in the street fighter 2 series is that when it was in the arcade people modified the machines to make the game faster so in the end Capcom re-released it running faster that being turbo

To be honest, they're both so refined, and so balanced that there is very marginal differences.

Shush, shush. There's heaps of differences. Faster gameplay, playable boss characters, more moves, reversal attacks, more mid air attacks, better character balancing, able to fight against the same character... need I go on?

Ok quick question, does Castlevania have a save option? Im not on about just switching to the home page of your Wii but an actual save system or password system? Im looking to buy a new VC game and this could be it.

Ok quick question, does Castlevania have a save option? Im not on about just switching to the home page of your Wii but an actual save system or password system? Im looking to buy a new VC game and this could be it.

yes it has a crappy icon grid password system. If you like drawing a portrait everytime you want to save, go for it

I downloaded them and Probotector is great. Streetfighter is good but like I said before it's a bit slow.

Just bought Street Fighter - my first VC purchase - along with Bonk's Adventre. Thought I'd relive my old Amiga days with that one.

ESRB has rated new Wii titles, some of which are Virtual Console titles. I need someone to do the research and check out which ones are retro and which are actual Wii games.

Wii:

Mighty Bomb Jack (Tecmo)

Xevious (Namco Bandai)

Bonk's Revenge (Hudson Entertainment)

Jewel Quest II (21 Rocks)

Sproink (21 Rocks)

Bonk III - Bonk's Big Adventure (Hudson Entertainment)

Mario Party 8 (Nintendo)

Dragon's Curse (Hudson Entertainment)

Sonic and the Secret Rings (SEGA)

BOMB JACK FTW!! Love that game. Also Castlevania is pretty cool. I thought it was pretty easy as I tanned to first 2 levels then I stepped in to level 3 and got a beating but I managed to reach level 4.

My understanding on the turbo and hyper in the street fighter 2 series is that when it was in the arcade people modified the machines to make the game faster so in the end Capcom re-released it running faster that being turbo

Quite correct. Turbo edition was indeed answer to so called "Rainbow Edition", bootleg SFII: CE that had features like adjustable speed, new moves*, possibility to execute special moves mid-air and new color palettes for all characters.

* Such as Chun-Li's hadouken

According to Gamefaqs release dates this is what is next weeks releases are.

Bonanza Bros

Comix Zone

Gain Ground

According to Gamefaqs release dates this is what is next weeks releases are.

Bonanza Bros

Comix Zone

Gain Ground

If thats true then A Link To The Past isn't coming out in January then, damn you Nintendo!

If thats true then A Link To The Past isn't coming out in January then, damn you Nintendo!

According to ONM Sumer mario World, LttP, Street Fighter 2 and Castlevania IV.

SO next week, if they are right will be All of those except Street Fighter since it came out already. Fingers crossed then...

I hope those aren't next weeks games.Hurry up with Alttp already >.<

ONM better be right.

I could be wrong but there is no way that they will release LTTP and Super Mario World on the same day, it just wouldnt make business sense.

I'm expecting some not so great games this week and then maybe 1 or 2 good ones the following week or maybe an N64 game next week.

Like you Shadow I long to play LTTP again aswell as Super Mario World. I wonder when we will see another 64 title?

I'd imagine it would be soonish,especially if there's 2 to come out between now and March.

I'm thinking one on this Thursday or 2nd of Feb and then one at the end of March and a good SNES title like Super Mario World or Alttp to fill the gap between N64 titles.

I could be wrong but there is no way that they will release LTTP and Super Mario World on the same day, it just wouldnt make business sense.

i agree. ONM seems to not know much with there wii special edition they said Classic Controllers come with wii points. ive bought two an dhvae no points.