NEurope
Tellyn

Virtual Console - All you need to know

Great port, just wizzed through the first couple of cups on 50CC. Still looks pretty nice over component.

finally i have the games i wanted for the vc super probotector , street fighter 2 , altered beast ,

now im waiting for the games , megaman , super punchout , streets of rage , double dragon , mortal kombat 1 2 3 trilogy 4 , metroid , killerinstinct 1 2 for the snes and Gold for the n64 , and lots of other games

Great port, just wizzed through the first couple of cups on 50CC. Still looks pretty nice over component.
Can you run it in 60Hz?

I'm looking forward to the SNES version much more, but I don't see it coming to the VC anytime soon so I'm probably going to crack and download this anyway. :heh:

Mario Kart 64 has this notice on its More Details page:

"Unfortunately, for technical reasons, it will be impossible to save "ghost data" (replay data of your best times in Time Attack mode) in this version. We apologise for the inconveniece."

Shouldn't be too much of an inconvenience really, should it?

finally i have the games i wanted for the vc super probotector , street fighter 2 , altered beast ,

now im waiting for the games , megaman , super punchout , streets of rage , double dragon , mortal kombat 1 2 3 trilogy 4 , metroid , killerinstinct 1 2 for the snes and Gold for the n64 , and lots of other games

Finally you have the games you wanted... yet you're still waiting for those 13 games and lots more games? :confused: :confused:

Downloaded this last night and played Mushroom Cup 150cc. Ah, the memories of getting my N64.. I'm impressed that we're getting some VC games before America too.

Goddamn my lack of self control - I vowed not to download MK64 as I hated it the 1st time round , so what do I do ? Download it anyway , and hate it as much as I did back then so there goes 1000 points wasted , ggrrrr.

*memo to self - exercise some restraint in future*

Just downloaded Mario Kart and it's great.

I never had it before so it's great to be able to play it properly, and on a decent pad (GC one). It's also my first VC game, so I'm happy with it.

Interview with Treasure boss Masato Maegawa from NGamer Issue 7

"We love the Wii and want to work on it... we're just brainstorming ideas right now but I am certain we'll be able to do something unique with it."

Maegawa also confirmed that the utterly awesome N64 shooter Sin & Punishment will definitely appear on Virtual Console at some point, and that three more of their Mega Drive titles are legally cleared for VC release.

We'd guess that the games in question are crazy platform-shooter Dynamite Headdy, imposssible platform-shooter Alien Soldier and odd RPG Light Crusader. Tresure's other Mega Drive output included a beat-'em-up based on the Yu Yu Hakusho anime and McDonald's Treasureland Adventure - a platoformer starring the artery-hardening yellow clown himself.

• Sin & Punishment coming to the Virtual Console
  • Three more Mega Drive games legally cleared for VC release (possibly Dynamite Headdy, Alien Soldier and Light Crusader)
  • Treasure are soon to be working on Wii titles

Unless Treasure want to make us feel special and up their popularity by converting it to PAL.

Unless Treasure want to make us feel special and up their popularity by converting it to PAL.

Would be nice but I doubt it. I anyone was to do anything like that I hope its Nintendo as I want to play Earthbound and Mario RPG.

Been playing Mazza Kart all afternoon with my nephew. We have just finished doing all the 100cc cups, think I will go back and do the 50cc before the 150cc. I forgot what a cheating SOB the AI is in this game, 1 second he is in front of me and then he disappears and reappears miles ahead and no he aint using a ghost.

Would be nice but I doubt it. I anyone was to do anything like that I hope its Nintendo as I want to play Earthbound and Mario RPG.

Been playing Mazza Kart all afternoon with my nephew. We have just finished doing all the 100cc cups, think I will go back and do the 50cc before the 150cc. I forgot what a cheating SOB the AI is in this game, 1 second he is in front of me and then he disappears and reappears miles ahead and no he aint using a ghost.

I haven't noticed that... I have seen the oponents disappearing when they get a certain distance ahead though.

Could be wrong but could it be there is some sort of banana bug?

It happend a few times now to me that I slided (like when you drive over a banana) but there was no banana on the screen (and also no other openent - at least no stronger one hit me)...? At least I believe that I didn't experience that with the original game (N64-Version not VC-N64-Version)...

Hmm, I can't seem to do the banana trick where you avoid sliding.. Is it possible on the VC version?

This might seem like a stupid question but I'll ask it anyway... :P Do any virtual console games (specifically Mario kart 64) support widescreen format or at least give you the option of stretching the image to fit the screen for widescreen TV's? Ty.

This might seem like a stupid question but I'll ask it anyway... :P Do any virtual console games (specifically Mario kart 64) support widescreen format or at least give you the option of stretching the image to fit the screen for widescreen TV's? Ty.

They do stretch but the image isn't fantastic.

Hmm, I can't seem to do the banana trick where you avoid sliding.. Is it possible on the VC version?

Yeah you can still do it, just hit brake when you start to slide and your driver will start his little whistle. I am finding it a hell of alot easier to do the slideing speed boost trick with the Cube pad. I could never do it properly with the 64 one.

NCL today revealed the February line-up of Virtual Console titles it has prepared for Japan.

Top of the list (in all respects) is N64 masterpiece Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, which at 1200 points is the most expensive VC game to date.

The full list of titles confirmed for release in February looks like this:

Mighty Boxing (Tecmo, Famicom - 500 points)

Galaga (Namco, Famicom - 500 points)

Hoshi no Kirby (Nintendo/HAL, Famicom - 500 points)

Kamaitachi no Yoru (Chunsoft, Super Famicom - 800 points)

Megami Tensei (Atlus, Super Famicom - 900 points)

Daimakaimura (Capcom, Super Famicom - 800 points)

Sangokushi IV (Koei, Super Famicom - 800 points)

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (Nintendo, N64 - 1200 points)

Bare Knuckle (aka Streets of Rage; Sega, Mega Drive - 600 points)

Story of Thor (Sega, Mega Drive - 600 points)

Vectorman (Sega, Mega Drive - 600 points)

Vermilion (Sega, Mega Drive - 600 points)

Vigilante (Irem, PC Engine - 600 points)

BE BALL (Hudson, PC Engine - 600 points)

Yokai Douchuuki (aka Shadowland; Namco, PC Engine - 600 points)

Wonder Momo (Namco, PC Engine - 600 points)

Lets hope they come over here soon.