N-Europe

Square Enix talk Mana Wii!!

Retro_Link

http://www.cubed3.com/news/6087/1/Square_Enix_Confirms_Mana_Wii?

Over on GoNintendo there is an interview with Kouichi Ishii, the Square Enix guru that has worked previously on games such as Final Fantasy I through to Final Fantasy III, as well as being strongly involved with the World of Mana resurrection project.

In the interview he mentioned something that has been rumoured for a while now - the idea of the Mana franchise heading over to the Nintendo Wii. Electronic Gaming Monthly published a rumour about a Mana MMO coming, but who knows. When asked about it, Ishii said “The idea is currently being considered with a lot of forword momentum. In general there is a great amount of possibility for development on Wii. It presents tremendous potential.â€

In addition to this tantalising tidbit, Ishii was quizzed about fans asking about the possibility of a Secret of Mana remake, to which he responded: “If the fans want it, we will certainly consider doing so.â€

Both would be awesome!!

I guess a Secret of Mana Remake would probably be on DS, but who knows; maybe they could use the Crystal Chronicles engine for a Wii version!!

Can anyone verify where the very 1st talking tree appeared in a game?

If you can show verifiable sources for inspiring the use of a talking tree, i.e. folklore, film, etc, then it doesn't matter who was the first to include it in a game because you can always point to prior use of the concept.