N-Europe

Wii's Chances

Zechs Merquise

Thoughts: The ONLY reason what so ever people are buying this console is because the PS3 is too "expensive" and the new control scheme courtesy of the Wiimote offering new gameplay experiences, but the price of the PS3 is a major influencing factor. Whenever Sony lowers their price, Nintendo needs to as well, otherwise...

Microsoft - up

Sony - down

Nintendo - way up

This year Sony has a huge buffer.. they won't see noticeable effects until 2008.. they've got huge brand loyalty, people will just save and buy the damned console.

They won't do as well, but I see this generation being very closely tied at 30-40% each, I can't see Sony blitzing the market.. and I can't see Microsoft's new image blitzing either.

Nintendo can't lose really.

Price, Design, Style, Controller, Classics.. Nintendo is using their old market to reinvigorate their own market.

I think it'll all even out this gen too.

Sony - Loyalty (even from people who hardly ever play games), but expensive

Microsoft - Has hardly made a great impact on the gaming world this gen.

Nintendo - Upping themselves but will not get a lot of multi-format games; will survive mainlyon exclusives like the GC.

Quite frankly I think the Wii would do much better if Nintendo was a bit more aggressive in their marketing plan. Anyhow, I think Microsoft will gain ground on Sony and Nintendo magically open a can of new gamers to get at least as succesful as the N64 sales wise.

I still don't think it's made that much of an impact. I can only think of a handful of games that appeal to me on it, and that's not even that much. I expect the PS3 to make the most impact though, mainly cos of raving loonies.

To be honest, I think this next gen's going to play out the same as XBox/PS2/GC in attitudes to the 3 consoles.

I'd love to see Nintendo go back to their old ways! I remember back in the good old days when the SNES was the machine of the day, Nintendo loved to ram it home at every available opporunity that it was far superior than the Megadrive. I lvoed the advert which used to be about the hundreds of thousands of colours the SNES could disply, which was obviously a huge mocking of the Megadrive's muddy pallette which displayed far far less. Anyone else remember the days of great Nintendo adverts before the days of the little girl in the tower lol?

I never owned a Megadrive either! Infact my school was defo a SNES school as only one mate of mine had a Megadrive, everyone else was heavily into Streetfighter 2, and yes I know it came out on the Megadrive but it looked crap compared to the SNES version and the Megadrive pads were poo as well!

Oh the glory days, I liked it better when it was Nintendo and Sega, the gloves were off back then!

" To be this good takes ages / sega " - then nintendo mutated it somehow in retailation. TELL ME I forgot ?

"To Be This Good Takes Sega Ages".

And in retaliation to "Genesis Does What Nintendon't"...

"Nintendo Is What Genesisn't"

To be honest, even though I owned a SNES, I also liked the Megadrive. I used to go to my mate's across the road and we'd play on it, and he would come round and play on my SNES. Favourites? The classics - Golden Axe, The Revenge of Shinobi, Kid Chameleon, Streets of Rage and of course, the Sonic the Hedgehog games :hehe: I'll be happy if any of those appeared on Virtual Console.