N-Europe

Lost - Series 3 [spoilers]

Nintendork

Lost boys Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse, who addressed Eko's passing — and the exit of his portrayer, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje — in an interview with yours truly earlier this week.

Ausiello: Another actor leaves Lost just months after he's pulled over in Hawaii for a traffic violation. This is the part where you guys tell me there's absolutely no connection.

Carlton Cuse: We actually work very closely with the Honolulu police department, and they have final script approval.

Damon Lindelof: Look, we feel very strongly about traffic violations, no matter how minor they are. All we can say is that Evangeline Lilly got a parking ticket last week, and she better not count her chickens.

Lindelof: The honest answer is, this story was sailing for months before his brush with the law — which was widely blown up by the press. What actually happened is not anything remotely illegal. (FYI: The charges were later dropped.)

Cuse: When Adewale came on the show, he didn’t want to make a long-term commitment to a series. We love him and so we agreed that he would come on the show and then we would find a time in which his arc would come to an end. And we sort of felt after a lot of conversations with him — most of which took place at the end of the spring last year — that we would finish his character somewhere in [these first] six episodes. And as we started talking about what was going to really help the drama of these six episodes, we thought, “Well, this is the perfect place to do it.” As we said, we all kind of went into this [with the idea] that it was only going to be for a limited period of time.

Ausiello: It's no secret that Adewale wasn’t the most beloved cast member. Did that play any role in his departure? [FYI: In next week's issue of TV Guide magazine — on sale Nov. 9 — my colleague, Shawna Malcom, reports that, per multiple sources, the 39-year-old actor had become an increasingly difficult presence on set, refusing to film scenes as scripted, insisting on rewrites and even "demanding" several times to be released from his contract.]

Lindelof: We don’t really talk about anything other than the creative decisions made on the show. If you’re hearing it from other people, you’re not hearing that from us. Not to mention, we’re in L.A. So we would never let that kind of thing determine the creative direction of the show. We’re all in the service of the story.

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hang on.. so what the feck

There's a clone of Ekos brother, Eko was going to find it so the security system killed him? Some other random Dharma guy in another hatch? What did Eko see after the explosion that Locke didn't? Jesus how can one episode raise about a million new questions.

Hang on.. so what the feck

There's a clone of Ekos brother, Eko was going to find it so the security system killed him? Some other random Dharma guy in another hatch? What did Eko see after the explosion that Locke didn't? Jesus how can one episode raise about a million new questions.

The security system can shapeshift and it taken the form of Eko's brother ie "you speak to me if i were your brother"

The security system can shapeshift and it taken the form of Eko's brother ie "you speak to me if i were your brother"

Riiiiiiiight, now I see whats happening.....

Anyway the latest episode was pretty good...just when I thought Lost was beyond help.....

BTW whats the point with all the spoiler tags?? Most people would know that going in this thread will be spoilerific. They must be stupid if they don't.

BTW whats the point with all the spoiler tags?? Most people would know that going in this thread will be spoilerific. They must be stupid if they don't.

Well, they might not have watched the 'latest episode'. In which case, they don't want to read what happens before they see it.

Think about it, Eko's brother was a priest, Eko was refusing to ask for forgiveness for his sins. I think Eko's brother was just disowning him if you know what I mean.

To the tune of 'Candle in the Wind' in a style shamelessly stolen from Private Eye,

So goodbye Mr Eko,

You held your head up high,

While a weird smoke monster,

Tore your body apart,

And before that as well,

You were attacked by a bear,

Man, you really took a beating,

Yet you were still a legend, yeah.

And seems to me that you lived your life,

As a mercenry, undercover as a priest,

I really wanted to see you beat the others,

with your Jesus stick,

It really is a shame that,

the church for your brother was never built,

I guess Locke might finish it for you,

As he's a legend as well.

As a whole theorie, I personally think it would have something to do with energy and it's strange nature. The creature ('security system') is a heap of energy in a pure form (wich is why it appears black, energy doesn't show light). the Dharma initiative has bein investigating the island for a long time. They settled there a little after Hiroshima (or sometime in that neighbourhood) hwen the nuclear explosions ripped of the shield of the island, wich protected it. They re-created the shield (using electro-magnetism). Then there was an incident. They hid, stopped research but left someone in the hatch to type the code. I was just thinking. Would make sense this way. And it would explain the thunder in the creature.

- They have not forgotten about Cindy and the other people taken

- Hinted that the smoke monster downloaded Eko's memory in his first encounter

- Hinted that Yemi was in fact a manifestation of the Smoke Monster

- Eko's last words to Locke were "You're next"

- They believe that Episode 6 is the best yet.

- After episode 6 the action will return to the main island and they will be "done with Alcatraz"

- The monster is not nanobots

Preview. :shock: