N-Europe

Square Enix Support

ShadowV7

One of the greatest third-party developers in the gaming industry, Square-Enix (popular for Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Mana, Kingdom Hearts, Super Mario RPG etc) spoke recently about its support strategy and mentioned the following:

“We don’t want the PlayStation 3 to be the overwhelming loser, so we want to support them. But we don’t want them to be the overwhelming winner either, so we can’t support them too much.â€

Currently Square is heavily supporting the Nintendo DS with games like Final Fantasy 3, Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings, Mario Hoops 3 on 3 to Children of Mana. With this statement will Square now bring some big franchises to the Wii? Of course Final Fantasy XIII will stick to the PS3, but how about Dragon Quest IX or a Mana title (both rumoured for Wii for sometime)?

Source

Bad news for Sony :)

NGamer is just approximately guessing, but it is a good guess though.

Since we haven't seen any gameplay yet, I'd say the game's got another good year of development maybe.

Although I'm not really looking forward to it, the original was pretty boring.

It can't be that far off since square said it was going to be a launch title.

I don't think it was promised to be a launch title, and if the game were so far in development I think we would have seen something at the Nintendo Conferences or at least the Tokyo Games Show.

I don't think it was promised to be a launch title, and if the game were so far in development I think we would have seen something at the Nintendo Conferences or at least the Tokyo Games Show.

True,all I know is that at E3 they said that and DQ would be at launch,ah well,i'll have enough games to keep me going.

Heres a little more from 1UP

Most came away from this quote convinced Square Enix was readying massive support for Wii, which, while possible, probably isn't the underlying message here. Rather, Square Enix likely realizes PS3 doesn't have ensured dominance this generation, and rather than pool all their support behind Sony right from the start, they're going to let the market play itself out for a while -- case in point, Square Enix so heavily supporting Nintendo DS over PSP.

Earlier in the story, however, the journalists make mention of where various Square Enix franchises are landing, specifically noting the high-end Final Fantasy sequels will find themselves on PlayStation 3, but more importantly, they have yet to decide who will receive the next Kingdom Hearts.

We can't imagine Xbox 360 being on the publisher's radar, so Wii appears the only logical option, unless they take the route expected from Kingdom Hearts at the start: multiplatform.

Kingdom Hearts could be quite interesting with the Wii remote what with the main weapons being Keyblades ( sword type weapon )

*Splat* Kingdom Hearts on Wii... *Drools*

I still think the Dragon Quest theory is a lot more likely than Kingdom Hearts coming to the Wii.

For those who don't remember, some were saying that if DQM: Joker and DQ Swords were a success on Nintendo platforms then Dragon Quest 9 would be brought to the Wii.

Now I just need to clean this mess of my screen...