NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
ShadowV7

Square Enix Support

One of the greatest third-party developers in the gaming industry, Square-Enix (popular for Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Mana, Kingdom Hearts, Super Mario RPG etc) spoke recently about its support strategy and mentioned the following:

“We don’t want the PlayStation 3 to be the overwhelming loser, so we want to support them. But we don’t want them to be the overwhelming winner either, so we can’t support them too much.â€

Currently Square is heavily supporting the Nintendo DS with games like Final Fantasy 3, Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings, Mario Hoops 3 on 3 to Children of Mana. With this statement will Square now bring some big franchises to the Wii? Of course Final Fantasy XIII will stick to the PS3, but how about Dragon Quest IX or a Mana title (both rumoured for Wii for sometime)?

Source

Bad news for Sony :)

It does make them sound very egotistical, pretty much saying that the PS3 will be as successful as they let it be..

Well I don't think they'll be showing the Xbox 360 love any time soon, so maybe....

Who said this :nono:

They must have confirmed it somewhere. With ngamer issue 2 you got a booklet containing all anounced wii games. For FF:CB winter 07. Sorry guys.

NGamer is just approximately guessing, but it is a good guess though.

Since we haven't seen any gameplay yet, I'd say the game's got another good year of development maybe.

Although I'm not really looking forward to it, the original was pretty boring.

It can't be that far off since square said it was going to be a launch title.

Hope Dragon Quest is soon.

All im hoping for is Chrono Trigger on the Virtual console, and maybe a 3D remake of a Final Fantasy game as hinted but on the Wii.

It can't be that far off since square said it was going to be a launch title.

I don't think it was promised to be a launch title, and if the game were so far in development I think we would have seen something at the Nintendo Conferences or at least the Tokyo Games Show.

I hope they are serious. They have a point, if Nintendo die then it will be Sony vs. Microsoft..

and that means gamers being alienated from Square titles because of the cost factor. I think Nintendo will be getting a fair bit of support.

Square Enix + Microsoft? Hmm..

I don't think it was promised to be a launch title, and if the game were so far in development I think we would have seen something at the Nintendo Conferences or at least the Tokyo Games Show.

True,all I know is that at E3 they said that and DQ would be at launch,ah well,i'll have enough games to keep me going.

I highly doubt that e'll ever see a 'big' FF entry on Wii (and by big I mean the latest real entry in the FF series) but I damn hope that the FF:CC game is a real treat.

One of the greatest third-party developers in the gaming industry, Square-Enix (popular for Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Mana, Kingdom Hearts, Super Mario RPG etc)

Ahem!!!???

All im hoping for is Chrono Trigger on the Virtual console

You, sir, speak lots of truth.

Chrono Trigger would be an instant purchase for me.

Ahem!!!???

All im hoping for is Chrono Trigger on the Virtual console, and maybe a 3D remake of a Final Fantasy game as hinted but on the Wii.

You, sir, speak lots of truth.

Chrono Trigger would be an instant purchase for me.

And all is forgiven...

Yeah I'm hoping for Chrono Trigger. Apparently it's quite good (hints The Bard).

Chrono Trigger is an amazing game. I would love to see that and the Secret of Mana series making their way to the virtual console.

And I'm not saying this just to suck up to The Bard! They are actually that good!

Heres a little more from 1UP

Most came away from this quote convinced Square Enix was readying massive support for Wii, which, while possible, probably isn't the underlying message here. Rather, Square Enix likely realizes PS3 doesn't have ensured dominance this generation, and rather than pool all their support behind Sony right from the start, they're going to let the market play itself out for a while -- case in point, Square Enix so heavily supporting Nintendo DS over PSP.

Earlier in the story, however, the journalists make mention of where various Square Enix franchises are landing, specifically noting the high-end Final Fantasy sequels will find themselves on PlayStation 3, but more importantly, they have yet to decide who will receive the next Kingdom Hearts.

We can't imagine Xbox 360 being on the publisher's radar, so Wii appears the only logical option, unless they take the route expected from Kingdom Hearts at the start: multiplatform.

Kingdom Hearts could be quite interesting with the Wii remote what with the main weapons being Keyblades ( sword type weapon )

*Splat* Kingdom Hearts on Wii... *Drools*

I still think the Dragon Quest theory is a lot more likely than Kingdom Hearts coming to the Wii.

For those who don't remember, some were saying that if DQM: Joker and DQ Swords were a success on Nintendo platforms then Dragon Quest 9 would be brought to the Wii.

Now I just need to clean this mess of my screen...

Sign in to follow this