NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Zell

Trading in My Gamecube

So yeah, I thinking about just waiting til after launch and trading in one of my gamecubes for a wii at a reduced price, since I will have no use for them anymore. Do you think many stores will do this since they've basically stopped retailing any gamecube hardware/software? So basically do you think I should pre-order now or wait to get a better deal?

They wont even give you a tenner.

GAME has pre-owned GameCubes for £30, and knowing their logic is a 60% markup on what they give the kids typically you'll get about £10 off your Wii.

That's if you're lucky. Personally I think you should give it to a children's ward or a charity shop.. but if you really need the tenner then go for it.

I'd pre-order the Wii if I were you.

is it worth getting rid of one of your game systems after years of loyalty to the value of less than a tenner? I think not.

I'm not gonna trade in mine. I want to see if my freeloader works on my Wii first. If not, I will need it to play some of my import games...

Otherwise i'll probably give my gamecube away to a needy child or something.

I'll either give mine away or sell it on, i'm not sure. Mine has a GameBoy Player and a Broadband Adapter... that must bump up the price abit?

I'll either give mine away or sell it on, i'm not sure. Mine has a GameBoy Player and a Broadband Adapter... that must bump up the price abit?

Ebay the broadband adapter, they go for around £20 alone, I know, I'm trying to get one cheap... Online Mario Kart will have to wait....

Infact ebay the Gameboy player, I got £20 when I sold mine. I put a buy it now instead of an auction and it went in a day or 2.

And In game I got £20 credit for my 2nd Cube. The tip is to sell it to a shop that will accept a £1/2 cheap controller instead of the official one. Then trade the official controller in either Gamestation or CEX (Can be done instore or online at http://www.cex.co.uk - The site also tells you what they give for the item)

Infact if the Wii is networked through either cable/wireless will this mean network games(PSO)/link up games (Mario kart, kirby) would work as they should?

I believe the trade-in value for a GC is £15 at Gamestation, with one official controller. I'll probably encourage my flatmate to trade his in once I've got my Wii since we don't have any import games or a Game Boy Player or anything.

I believe the trade-in value for a GC is £15 at Gamestation, with one official controller. I'll probably encourage my flatmate to trade his in once I've got my Wii since we don't have any import games or a Game Boy Player or anything.

Yeah it is £15 exchange and £10 cash at my local gamestation, I was gonna do it, but theres no point, for such a miserly amount.

Yeah it's not much, but that's almost the £20 deposit for a Wii pre-order :D

Do you really want to sell a console for £20 which you only bought a few years ago?

I can't sell my GameCube, I want to keep all the controllers and the games and its just not worth selling the console itself. I like to keep all my old consoles if they still work.

I got rid of my UK Gamecube ages ago. I think i got £40 for it....and that was on Ebay!

Not worth it, mate. You'll get a tenner at the most as has already been said.

We need to keep the GC controller for Smash Bros. anyway! I won a silver resi 4 bundle one. I never sold it and i haven't got a clue what to do with it now.

I'm going to give mine to my best friend as he has no gaming console, just a PC for that. Thus, my Gamecube won't be far, and i'm keeping all my good games and a few controlers. When he wants a game, he can borrow one off me. Ideal.

By the time the wii comes out your gamecube would have lost even more value too. Probably best to buy some sale items and ebay them or something, making profit on P & P.

I am keeping both of my Cubes. I have the Limited Edition R Evil 4 Cube and the Pearl White Cube which will go nicley with the white Wii. I will use the Pearl Cube for my import Cube games and the R Evil Cube as my GBA player.

Im keeeping mine because i think having more consoles looks good.

(But not to girls)

Once the Wii takes over the console spot under my tv, the Cube will go on the shelf with the Snes, N64 and all those random Gameboys I seem to have. I couldn't bear to get rid of it!

I must be the only one buying fireworks for the occasion when I can get rid of my GameCube.

I'll film it.

I was ondering wehether to get rid of my cube, but i love it's squarness.

When my mum heard the gyu at GAME say you could trade in yur Cube for a Wii for money off and also he said that the Wii will paly Cube games, she was like oh sell it. She'd never understand what it would be like getting rid of it.

I realy want to start a collection of old consoles. Maybe not games withthem, get them on the VC, but maybe some. Just so i can sit them on a shelf somewhere like the many people who do have them, have done.

I only plan on trading in one of my gamecubes (I have two) so I'll still have one to put on the shelf smash bros stylee. If trading in one of my gamecubes means money off my wii I'm all for it.

Sign in to follow this