Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This weeks a good week to be a DBZ fan

. Budokai tenkaichi 3 comes out on friday ( Finally)

. Dbz season 4 set comes out on the 19th ( Garlic jr, Trunks and Android sagas)

.Trunks and bardock double feature comes out on the 19th to

Almost done Monster. Got 13 odd episodes left now. Should get it done in a few days. It's a great anime and done really well.

Monster is amazing. the anime can be perceived as "slow" in comparison to the manga...but, I really enjoyed both of them, but prefer the manga since I read it first :P check out the other mangas from Urasawa! 20th century boys and Pluto are fucking INCREDIBLE!!!

Guest Stefkov

Anyone know of an anime with a good story, hardships throughout and such but has a really really good ending. I'm getting annoyed at watching anime with endings that are not good.

Welcome to the NHK had a good ending but not the ending I hoped for.

Anyone know of an anime with a good story, hardships throughout and such but has a really really good ending. I'm getting annoyed at watching anime with endings that are not good.

Welcome to the NHK had a good ending but not the ending I hoped for.

Give Bokurano a go.

What's wrong with saying the anime is quite watchable? It is. Please don't try start arguments. ;)

You said it in a depreceative manner. It's a fucking masterpiece, that's what it is. It's not "quite watchable", it's great. Watchable is like saying it's average. I'm not starting arguments. I am justifyingly making a claim. Now if you'll excuse me, I don't like sugar-coatings, so... bye.

You said it in a depreceative manner. It's a fucking masterpiece, that's what it is. It's not "quite watchable", it's great. Watchable is like saying it's average. I'm not starting arguments. I am justifyingly making a claim. Now if you'll excuse me, I don't like sugar-coatings, so... bye.

A masterpiece? You need to watch some real works of television and film. :p It's good but definitely not the best.

I like the overall theme and the way it is presented, but undoubtedly some of the characters are not that interesting, and the story can be a bit on and off. At times it is quite slow paced and dull, even if there are some very good parts.

A masterpiece? You need to watch some real works of television and film. :p It's good but definitely not the best.

I like the overall theme and the way it is presented, but undoubtedly some of the characters are not that interesting, and the story can be a bit on and off. At times it is quite slow paced and dull, even if there are some very good parts.

Due to obviousness, I will not even contest to what you said. It's unniversally acclaimed as both one of the best animes ever and one of the best mangas ever... and you point out that it's strongest points, wich are inarguably brilliant (story and character) are faulty, when they are easilly the best at their field. That really shows how much you know about anime. Would you be so kind as to enlighten me as to what real works of telivision and film I need to watch?

(Seriously, hon... you don't know what you're getting yourself into.)

Gundam Wing is a strange one. One version of it I saw was three back to back episodes of people in mecha suits and spaceships having long conversations about how they were going to kill each other. Last night on Anime Central it all went in the other direction, and consisted of what seemed like a good 45mins of cutting very rapidly between still frames of peoples faces and grunting noises.

Yeah. The style is amazing. The weird shadows, the ambient sounds, and just the trippy stuff that happens. And how can you not love the bear suit?

Lain is THE SHIT!!! simply a masterpiece of the 20th century. even today, almost 10 years after its conclusion, I find difficult to have another anime like that. :bowdown:

Due to obviousness, I will not even contest to what you said. It's unniversally acclaimed as both one of the best animes ever and one of the best mangas ever...

Nothing can be said to be the best anime of manga, it is down to personal preference. On anime scoring sites it's never right at the top, if that is what you go by. And there is no doubt in my mind that some of the characters were a bit boring to watch (there were some amazing ones though, such as Grimmer), and had some side events that seemed somewhat pointless.

I did like it a lot, but I definitely would not say it is a masterpiece. If you like it a lot, good. But don't go telling me what I should believe.

Nothing can be said to be the best anime of manga, it is down to personal preference. On anime scoring sites it's never right at the top, if that is what you go by. And there is no doubt in my mind that some of the characters were a bit boring to watch (there were some amazing ones though, such as Grimmer), and had some side events that seemed somewhat pointless.

I did like it a lot, but I definitely would not say it is a masterpiece. If you like it a lot, good. But don't go telling me what I should believe.

Actually, it is on top on those scoring sites that you mention, but that's not what I was refering to. I'm talking about the whole execution of it.

What is pretty boring is having to deal with your misundertanding of the material...

It doesn't even begin to matter if I like it or not. Quality has no relation what-so-ever to opinion. What is painstakingly obvious is that you did not understand it. Taking into consideration your enfatuation with Bleach, I'd say it's immaturity. Tell me... what was the social commentary in Monster? I want to hear your take on it.

(Oh, and just so you know, I don't care if you believe it or not, Monster is a masterpiece of contemporary modernism, wether you like it or not. That is a fact. What you make of it matter little in the discussion at hand, if you want to have a proper discussion, your opinion should only be used to express your views, nothing else. Things are what they are... and no matter how much I hate Lone Wolf & Cub, it's still a masterpiece. You must learn to differentiate your opinion from rational fact.)

And I'm still waiting to hear what "real works of television and film" I need to watch.

OW, I'd like to see you make one argument that doesn't involve ad homimnems and/or "it's better because I say it is and I know what I'm talking about".

He can't. If you say you you think something isn't that wonderful, he will keep telling you it is until you share his opinion. Apparently I'm not allowed to say it's watchable even if I don't think it's a masterpiece. :blank:

Don't you love being told your opinion is wrong. :)

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!