Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everything's based on the games... I say games, but I mean visual novels - there is just text to read, with character sprites in music. And there's a lot of text - each arc is longer than the average book. I've read some bits of them - all the TIPS and pieces (which are translated on animesuki, and give extra information and background), and the start of Minagoroshi-hen, because there's a patch. I've also translated the first 4 chapters of Onikakushi-hen, and read random other bits for fun. Anyway, the games, are definitely way better than the anime, but the anime requires less commitment, and actually gets translated. :heh:

Are they well translated? Been wanting to read them

Everything's based on the games... I say games, but I mean visual novels - there is just text to read, with character sprites in music. And there's a lot of text - each arc is longer than the average book. I've read some bits of them - all the TIPS and pieces (which are translated on animesuki, and give extra information and background), and the start of Minagoroshi-hen, because there's a patch. I've also translated the first 4 chapters of Onikakushi-hen, and read random other bits for fun. Anyway, the games, are definitely way better than the anime, but the anime requires less commitment, and actually gets translated. :heh:

That's the spirit. LOL

Are they well translated? Been wanting to read them

There isn't a great deal that's been translated... my translation of the start of Onikakushi-hen that's floating on the interwebs needs proofreading, but I could send you a better one. The beginning of Minagoroshi-hen is well translated, but again only the very start has been done.

Higurashi Naku Koro ni is only worth it if you watc the second part...

Higurashi Naku Koro ni kai.

Filthy lies! Higurashi no Naku Koro ni on it's own was awesome! No it didn't feel finish but despite that it was still an amazing series! If the sequal hadn't come out I would still remember it as one of my favourate series ever by quite a bit.

In many ways I much prefere the first series to the second and honestly don't see that changing in the last two episodes. That said, the second series is also awesome and does further the story a lot.

Watched the first two story arcs of Higurashi. Does the story just repeat its self at the start of every arc? Just with different events leading to the same ending?

Not exactly, just keep watching and see. I won't say anymore. Don't get spoilers for this series.

yeah ive watched episodes 1`-5 of bleach so far. Are you watching them of youtube?

If you really can't be bothered to download the series atleast pay a small fee to watch on crunchyroll.com or something.... Youtube is about as bad as it gets.

Speaking of crunchyroll, it really is awesome for some of the more obscure/older stuff. I suggest it as a first port of call for things you can't find/can't download at reasonable speeds.. The quality isn't perfect (even in the high quality section) and there are some streaming problems but it's defo worth the couple of pounds.... You can watch the shit quality vids for free but then you might as well use youtube....... It's faster then stage6 normally as well. lol

Watched the first two story arcs of Higurashi. Does the story just repeat its self at the start of every arc? Just with different events leading to the same ending?

Sort of... each arc starts from the same point (mostly), but from then on, anything can happen. This sort of allows you to see things from all angles, and [is silenced]

Well even manga seems to have filler now

:heh:

Mostly all things we've seen before apart from seeing Jiraiya with Narutos parents. But this opens a plothole. Seeing him think about everything before his life. Well that's Jiraiya pretty much dead now. Some things were good though like how Naruto got his name, surely Kakashi must of seen this? And he thought of a random name while he was eating Ramen, that was pretty cool. But least he got to tell the frog sage in some form Peins identity(I'm sure that's what he wrote on his back) but now there's even more anticipation now. There's so many things we need to see.

The Akatsuki book file, what Itachi said to Naruto, what the sealing scroll holds along with all the information being held for Naruto and now what the Toad sages have to say.

I thought Jiraiyas death was fitting though. He's been writing all his life and it was Narutos inspiration that kept him going and that's how he died(I assume he is dead now)

Also som theories going about is Pein found all the men Jiraiya recognised by his books since Minato said it was like an autobiography.

Man there's so many things we need to know and I really want to know all this stuff. I guess next chapter will be Sasuke/Itachi talk for a few pages then their fight will begin.

yeah ive watched episodes 1`-5 of bleach so far. Are you watching them of youtube?

Of course, but I've been scouting on the 'net looking for Bleach DVD's.

Annoyingly, can't seem to find any ones with dubbed episodes.

If you really can't be bothered to download the series atleast pay a small fee to watch on crunchyroll.com or something.... Youtube is about as bad as it gets.

The problem I'd have to overcome is stated in bold.

*Pulls out pocket bottoms, and a fly flies out. Facial expression becomes crestfallen*

There's the first 12/13 eps of Bleach out in the UK. America has much more but you won't get them this year due to mail.

You can download subbed episodes of Dattebayo once you catch up to where the dubbed ones are.

Also I was getting the first 12/13 eps of Bleach from my Gran, but it turns out that shes lost it. Major suckage.

Guest Stefkov

Wait so the mail is being screwy now?

I just bought the first 3 Eureka Seven from dvd pacific.....gaaaah.

B o l l o c k s.

Ah well. As long as they get here, then I can delete them off my HDD and free up space for the new year animes.

Just a quick questions to those who watch anime via a(n?) HDD. When you finish one, do you delete it?

Is it today you just ordered them? What delivery did you pick? You might get lucky but if you ordered 3 at once you might get customs and it'll cause a delay... Fact, does anyone know when the post even starts back up again?

Also from all the anime i've downloaded to my HDD I still have them all apart from Noein since I have the first 3 discs. Was gonna get the next 2 but doubt i'll get it this year.

I have 83 gig of anime across 14 series :)

Just realised I have DragonBall Z download. So that's like another 20ish gig so far :heh:

Guest Stefkov
Is it today you just ordered them? What delivery did you pick? You might get lucky but if you ordered 3 at once you might get customs and it'll cause a delay... Fact, does anyone know when the post even starts back up again?

Also from all the anime i've downloaded to my HDD I still have them all apart from Noein since I have the first 3 discs. Was gonna get the next 2 but doubt i'll get it this year.

I have 83 gig of anime across 14 series :)

Just realised I have DragonBall Z download. So that's like another 20ish gig so far :heh:

Ordered them a few days ago. I think near the beginning of the week. The order was complete a couple days ago. Went Priority Air Mail, I'm sure I used that last time. We'll see anyway, I'm in no rush to get them.

I've seen up until episode 30 of Monster. It's amazing, I can't believe some of you guys think it's dull.

They're just stupid, that's all.

Filthy lies! Higurashi no Naku Koro ni on it's own was awesome! No it didn't feel finish but despite that it was still an amazing series! If the sequal hadn't come out I would still remember it as one of my favourate series ever by quite a bit.

In many ways I much prefere the first series to the second and honestly don't see that changing in the last two episodes. That said, the second series is also awesome and does further the story a lot.

Well, taking into consideration that the story only really comes together on the second series and that the second series is immenselly superior to the first one, I'd say that watching the first one and then not watch the second one is one of the most stupid things one could ever do. That is all.

ALSO:

What the fuck is it with the Dubs? They're either worst or "almost as good", they're never better! Why do you people enjoy watching things with lower quality?

I often wonder though, why is it that subs are better? I mean, I think they are, but why? Sometimes I think it's because we're not fluent in Japanese, so the things they're saying seem less ridiculous. When you hear American voices talking about Japanese things and saying Japanese names, or talking about silly things like "soul reavers" (as IIRC they called Death Gods/Shinigami in the Bleach dub :nono:) it sounds a bit ridiculous and that's off putting.

Maybe some Japanese people think the voice acting- which we consider superior- is actually pretty poor.

Or maybe its just that Japanese seiyuu are awesome and American VAs suck.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!