Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is naruto shippuden episode 8-9 is on thursday ?
It was out on Thursday, yeah. Was available to download subbed in the early hours of this morning. And was my favourite episode of Shippuuden so far.

re:below - ShadowV7 think you're either confused with Bleach or you're still going by the day it used to air a few months back ;-)

It's already been aired and has a sub release,was on Wednesday night in Japan I think.

re:below - ShadowV7 think you're either confused with Bleach or you're still going by the day it used to air a few months back ;-)

I just couldn't remember when it got aired :heh:

It was a dark and stormy night.

The Going Merry was tossed and turned in the rolling waves, and the Straw-Hat pirates were thrown back and forth. One Piece, the anime phenomenon in Japan – whose original manga by Eiichiro Oda broke sales records, whose TV series is among Japan’s best rated, and whose made billions in merchandise – was sinking in America. Licensed by 4Kids Entertainment, it was transformed from a teen show to a series safe for 7-year-olds – any scene with a hint of violence was removed, as well as several full episodes (so that 4Kids turned 143 episodes of the Japanese version into 104); dialogue was totally rewritten; characters – main characters – were given wacky, horrible accents. And then 4Kids announced they were no longer creating their version of One Piece, and the Going Merry seemed lost at sea.

Land ahoy.

FUNimation has exclusively confirmed to animeOnline that they are taking charge of Luffy and his crew, and sailing them to newer, less troubled waters. In this feature, FUNimation reveals their plans for the new TV version of One Piece, along with the fate of the long-hoped-for uncensored DVDs. So fans of the Straw-Hat pirates can breathe easy – this treasure won’t be buried for much longer.

Here, FUNimation Marketing Director Lance Heiskell talks about the One Piece DVD plans. Click here to jump the gun and learn about FUNimation’s new TV version of One Piece from Production Manager Justin Cook.

http://animeonline.com/index.php?page=news_featured&ent_id=101234

^ that's pretty cool :) Funimation have done some shows quite well in the past, and nothing they could do could be worse than the anime-rape that is 4Kids' dub. The thing is the dub will be so flippin far behind even starting at 144... the Japanese episodes are at 304 and still going strong, with 7 movies on top of that. And imagine how much that would cost to collect on DVD....

Edit: aw man they're still removing cigarettes and alcohol? That just ruins Sanji....

Hmmm,i'm curious if they're going to do to this as what they did with DragonBall Z which i'm still in a bad mood about.I hope they don't though,should be fine if it's just cigarettes and alcohol though.

If there's more than that just don't buy the DVDs right away thought when they're released...

But it's looking good so far.

EDIT- After reading that it doesn't sound like their messing it up which is good.Just 2 things i'm concerned about though is their still unsure about from episode 1+(sounds like they will do it),I hope they work out a way that we get a decent amount from 1+ and +144 cause i'll want the entire series from FUNimation,and when I collect things,I want it perfect sort of thing,so i'm hoping they'll be able to squeeze in the earlier episodes so they'll be released aswell.

And the second thing 2 or 3 sets a year,that's like 26 or 39 episodes a year,

I want to get them as fast as possible and with One Piece being a long series,it'll be ages before I'll have the full collection :heh:

I've just saw somthing so random it questions my own sanity, it was called Bobobobo-bobobo-bobobo or somthing along those lines. It was on Jetix this morning at 9:30 i think.

It was about some guy with a blond afro combating evil with his body hair, its quite funny, Excel Saga kind of funny

I've just saw somthing so random it questions my own sanity, it was called Bobobobo-bobobo-bobobo or somthing along those lines. It was on Jetix this morning at 9:30 i think.

It was about some guy with a blond afro combating evil with his body hair, its quite funny, Excel Saga kind of funny

I wanted to get it, but never found a torrent with it! It seems quite awesome.

I remember catching Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo (that's the correct number of bo btw ;)) on Adult Swim while I was in America. It was funny but maybe the dub lost some of the humour, because I've definitely seen much funnier. Pales in comparison to One Piece, Azumanga Daioh and FLCL.

I've finished Elfen Lied now... it comes highly recommended.

That was the sickest, most violent anime i've ever seen, especually when she massicurs her schoolmates and then goes on a killing spree of some sorts, and thats what i love about it, sure its only about 12-13 episodes long but it oozes violence and fan-service from every corner.

Finally watched all of Samurai Champloo, so flipping awesome!!

Don't know what we are going to start watching next week. I think we are going to start on Wolf's Rain.

I've also ordered complete collections of Get Backers and Azumanga Daioh! :D

HKDVDs again? I don't understand why you buy bootlegs. To me it seems better to download them for nothing than to pay other pirates for them. Plus fansubs are way better than bootleg subs.

That was the sickest, most violent anime i've ever seen, especually when she massicurs her schoolmates and then goes on a killing spree of some sorts, and thats what i love about it, sure its only about 12-13 episodes long but it oozes violence and fan-service from every corner.

That is true... but the story is what I like it for. :wink: :heh:

HKDVDs again? I don't understand why you buy bootlegs. To me it seems better to download them for nothing than to pay other pirates for them. Plus fansubs are way better than bootleg subs.

Downloading an old series, especially on bittorrent can take days..... Days of slower internet and not turning off your pc isn't fun. :(

That said, I never buy bootlegs....... =P

Awesome cases, dual language, they are mostly region 1 rips and for that I prefer buying them like that. I hate having stuff that is digital only tbh. Prefer to have my stuff in physical form, just incase something happens to the PC.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=014&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=330107627372&rd=1&rd=1

Lovely box ^_^ So I'd take those over downloading and buying real, because buying get backers real would be like £140 ¬_¬ off play. Just have to wait now and watch it on my lovely 32" TV.