NEurope

Has anyone watched Berserk dubbed? I had to endure it all, couldn't be bothered to aquire it again and after the first few episodes you could say you can get used to it. I guess I'll have to watch the subbed version before I say if it's good or not.

On another note, Bersek's ending was crap. Thank god I read that that wasn't the end.

I did, for shit and giggles, but like every other dub you get used to it. Also the ending is really weird and at the time I didn't know there was a manga which continued so I was doubly sad, for the story and for the vague ending.

Dragonball in portuguese is fan-fucking-tastic. The station that bought it was still young, so they had few people translating all the voices, so they had to make weird voicse, so they wouldn't sound all the same. They say some really hilarious stuff, if you understand portuguese of course. Also, they translated it from french so the little sotry it already had, was mostly lost.

Just remembering the Cell saga when the reporter called Gohan "The peanuts boy". lol Genious

I want to emphasize this, its the worst quality and yet best dub ever, I started watching as a kid and never realized it, but now I question my self come no one ever talked about this!

I want to emphasize this, its the worst quality and yet best dub ever, I started watching as a kid and never realized it, but now I question my self come no one ever talked about this!

Exactly. Watching Dragonball in other languages seems... weak.

its the worst quality and yet best dub ever

That's the most accurate description of the portuguese dragon ball dub. It's so bad it's good. So much laugh I had with these series of fan made compilations of the most bad/good hilarious moments:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=SNRE_5MJGj4

Yet, at the time I took dragon ball with a serious tone. It's like as if I rediscovered the series with a ridiculously funny tone now that i watched those videos.

And yes, it looks like they had like 5 people to dub the voices of over 500 characters.

I don't want that to happen to naruto though.

So I was catching up with Bleach.

Asian Kung Fu Generation. :)

139-144 were fairly uninteresting, I suppose i'll have to consider it the set up for hopefully another epic battle like soul society. Rukia looks kick ass with a cloak.

Haha, I just watched episode 28 of shippuden. For those who urgently need to do something but want to watch it, here's a complete summary of the episode:

Chiyo needs to do something. To beat someone you need to be stronger than them.

Episode 29 Naruto has a mega fart.

Well as promised I am dropping naruto after the events of episode 31, I can't help feeling like the writer was too scared to do anything drastic. Overall I just don't feel like naruto's payoff is worth the effort. Maybe when the series is finished I'll read what's left of the manga just to get some closure on this story. Sorry naruto.

^ Sanchez I personally think that was quite a weak arc, and the next one should be better.

I was planning, not to drop Naruto, but to start watching it once-per-month. That way pacing wouldn't be an issue and my g/f, my flatmate and I could watch about 4 episodes at once. But actually I've felt that over eps 31 and 32 it's picked up a bit... and oddly enough at the same time I've felt that Bleach, over 144 and 145, has seriously been in a decline. I'm wondering if the two series are going to do a quality swap :blank:

Who the hell cares, it's not a relationship, you don't need a serious commitment lol. For example I haven't been feeling like watching Bleach, so I'm letting it pile up and when I want to to I'll see it. I can't do that with Naruto so I watch it. No need to plan it :P

:indeed: I'm just saying that I wouldn't be surprised if Bleach started getting worse and Naruto started getting better.

:indeed: I'm just saying that I wouldn't be surprised if Bleach started getting worse and Naruto started getting better.

Both have ups and downs I they'll continue like that. Some eps awesome, some not really. Are Bleach and Naruto made by the same studio?

Yeah this weeks Bleach was poor. But two episodes from now it will start getting awesome again. I'd put money on that.

That ark was mostly like an introductory. It get's much better now and makes you want to see what happens, I mean right now in the manga it's O.O

Offcourse this is assuming that the animation is half decent cause apart from that the next arc can be really good if they actually try.

That ark was mostly like an introductory. It get's much better now and makes you want to see what happens, I mean right now in the manga it's O.O

Offcourse this is assuming that the animation is half decent cause apart from that the next arc can be really good if they actually try.

You talking about Bleach, because if anything I think they've given themself give a hrad task with the limited colour pallette that is Hueco Mundo.

I think he might have been talking about Naruto cos that's where the manga is O.O right now :heh:

Was talking about Naruto. Haven't watched Bleach since I finished watching the Bounto arc. Wanted to stack up the episodes so I could watch them all at once.

I need to read what happens next...

Always meant to watch Bleach. Got to episode 10 and kinda forgot about it.

I think the whole 10 episodes down 130 to go and an affect on that

Yeah bleach hasn't been as awesome, seems to be a lack of action, but its building up!

I'm just wondering whats up with that girl.

Both have ups and downs I they'll continue like that. Some eps awesome, some not really. Are Bleach and Naruto made by the same studio?

Yes, I think both are done by Studio Pierrot. Hence that story about some teams shifting from the naruto animation to the bleach animation.

Not much of an issue to me, Naruto is without a doubt the worst show I have ever watched (perhaps the fact I try to limit myself to quality shows is a contributing factor to this). It all comes down to personal preference but bleach has always entertained me, even during the bounto arc.

Not much of an issue to me, Naruto is without a doubt the worst show I have ever watched (perhaps the fact I try to limit myself to quality shows is a contributing factor to this). It all comes down to personal preference but bleach has always entertained me, even during the bounto arc.

I'm the complete opposite, I feel that bleach is too shallow, although Naruto had a drastic drop in quality, it's still somewhat "my" anime.

Same here, I love Bleach, but Naruto remains way up there for me. It may have dropped a lot lately, but the fact I know I could go back and watch it all again and still love it, and the anticipation of what we will see of Sasuke, as foreshadowed by the first episode of Shippuuden, keeps me there.

I still want to know why the animation seen in the first episode with Sasuke hasn't been reached yet in the series, it looked amazing there but now it's kinda meh.

And for anyone questioning the anime, seriously just read the manga.

I've stormed through Naruto recently and really enjoyed after having a little trouble getting into it. It's bloody good, I especially enjoy the diversification of characters, and the concept of warring countries, but it will never be as good as Bleach to me.

Firstly I don't think it can build you up like Bleach does. I mean the first arc in Bleach just kept getting better and better until the brilliant finish. Secondly I think emotional moments are done better in Bleach. CBA to spolier it now, but recently, and in the movie they were done very well.

You remember that scene from True Romance where he says to the girl "you can like the Beatles and Elvis, but you can't like them the same, you have to like one more than the other" (somewhat paraphrased). That's how I feel about Bleach and Naruto.

I finished Eureka 7! :) I'm so sad that it's now over. :(

WOW! :grin:

It was an excellent series. :D The characters, animation and storyline were beautiful! AWESOME! :awesome:

I just watched the first epidsode of Karin and i´m confused.

That first episode just left me baffled. I don´t know if i should hate it or just be confused.