NEurope

Rumours have been floating around of an Evangelion remake.

These 2 news seem to support the rumours:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=9318

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=9320

:eek:

Anyone has some info on this?

Yeah, all will be told in the upcoming Newtype on like the 10th.

I can't wait for this. The rumour is the series will be edited down to three movies with a mix of old and new footage, with a forth brand new movie.

Should I get the Platium boxset of NGE when it comes out? or should i go for the normal versions. I'm just not too sure on what they editted for the platium version.

Should I get the Platium boxset of NGE when it comes out? or should i go for the normal versions. I'm just not too sure on what they editted for the platium version.

The Platinum series is the best set to go for. Remastered audio and video with the regular and re-edited versions of episodes 21-24.

Manga are also licensing the remastered movies for release, so add those and your Evangelion collection is complete. For now.

Does anyone know if Patlabor is any good, I have 2 DVDs but have never watched them.

I wasn't aware of this shop but sendit.com now sell anime and some of the prices are really good. Alot of the cases its usally cheaper than Amazon like RahXephon Vol 1 and NGE Vol 1 for £4.89. With the Studio Ghibli special 2 £15, throw in free P+P and its looking like a very shop for anime :) Naruto is also £16.49 for 13 episodes is pretty good value.

Sebdit.com's Anime Zone

Finally got Naruto episode 1 - 148 on HKDVD the other day. I'm around episode 30 at the moment. ^_^

I'm thinking of getting Naruto but I want to continue the Ghost in the Shell series first and Last Exile. Naruto 14 eps on play for £30 though which was why it was tempting. Pretty cheap for a UK release...

Wtf now its £17.99...Bought!

I don't know anything about HKDVD but those naruto boxsets look nice. Can I ask, are they full DVD quality, and does any of the money go back to the people who make the show? (I'm guessing no on the latter, as I assume HKDVD = bootleg)

I'd like to give something back to Naruto since it has become one of my top 3 anime, but £18 for 13 out of verynearly200 episodes seems like a hefty investment.

I don't know anything about HKDVD but those naruto boxsets look nice. Can I ask, are they full DVD quality, and does any of the money go back to the people who make the show? (I'm guessing no on the latter, as I assume HKDVD = bootleg)

I'd like to give something back to Naruto since it has become one of my top 3 anime, but £18 for 13 out of verynearly200 episodes seems like a hefty investment.

Yeh mate but put it this way: A single voulme with normally 4 episodes on for a series is around £20 in shops on release and £15 on the internet. Here your getting a boxset for the same sorta price which isn't a bad deal if your going to invest in the whole series. Just dont go on Ebay because you dont find anything but pirates on there. Well if you live in the UK, buy the boxset from Play because your be giving the money to Manga and more sales in this country means its more likely other series are gonna be released over here. And at that price, there really is no point to import!

I've just looked up and an imported boxset is selling at UP1 for £23(and thats at a discount, even thought up1 allways seems to be at a discount :S) and they're exactly the same. So yeh the UK one is the best buy mate. Think I might get it this week.

Can anyone reccomend me a manga to read (preferably one i can acquire online) before watching the anime? I want to read loads of a manga then experience the interesting transaction to anime. Not Bleach or Naruto though =3

Can anyone reccomend me a manga to read (preferably one i can acquire online) before watching the anime? I want to read loads of a manga then experience the interesting transaction to anime. Not Bleach or Naruto though =3

Azumanga Daioh.

It depends what you like. The only manga ive got is Cowboy Bebop, prefer my animes. The trigun manga is meant to be good though and the fruits basket anime is brilliant and the manga is longer so that should be good. Give those a try. :smile:

More rumours concerning the supposed REBUILD OF EVANGELION.

The following is totally unconfirmed:

The title for the new film series is "Evangelion Shin Gekijou Ban", it will consist of 4 parts with the first part arriving in Japanese theaters in early summer, 2007. Staff include General Supervisor: Hideaki Anno, Director: Tsurumaki Kazuya , Character Design: Yoshiyuki Sadamoto, Mecha Design: Ikuto Yamashita, Animation Production: Khara (Color) Studio. The scenario of the 1st part will be written by Hideaki Anno with storyboard by Shinji Higuchi. Key points of a supposed interview which may or may not appear in the forthcoming edition of Newtype attributed to Toshimichi Ohtsuki of King Records have also been circulating. According to that information:

-The content is quite different though the time base of the story is the same as the original TV series.

- It will be a remake, however, it is not a re-creation but a "new work".

- The approach will be different than what Tomino-san did with the Gundam Z New Translation films, there will apparantly be a large amount of new material.

- Even if the TV series has not be seen, the viewer will be able to enjoy it. Though the content becomes easy, it is not redundant to those already familiar with the series.

- The technique that purposely scatters difficult words and phrases will not be used any longer.

- As an antithesis to current animation industry segments. It is an attitude on the production side to pull the act in the age that started from Eva."

evarebuild.jpg

"Due on Japanese newstands in less than 1 week, some advertisements for the October, 2006 edition of Newtype Magazine have been circulating around hyping their big Evangelion scoop. The cover will supposedly read 'REBUILD OF EVANGELION'."

New Evangelion footage? This would please me greatly.

I think I shall be getting that.

Although I wasn't greatly into Evangelion thefirst time I seen it but, the more I thought about it the more I realised how much I loved it. It's a great anime. And with extra footage and dumbed down context all the better to get it. :p

newtype.jpg

06_09_06_01.jpg

News is from the new issue of the Japanese Newtype that isn't out til this weekend and snippets translated on ANS

Project "Rebuild of Evangelion"

- 4 part Theatrical feature starting next summer. (First part, second, third and ending)

- Essentially condensing the original TV series yet reworking it drastically, as opposed to the Zeta Gundam movies, they will feaure a "large" amount of new material.

- It's said not to be a re-working, but an entirely new creation and that the content will not be redundant for people familiar with the series.

Staff include General Supervisor: Hideaki Anno, Director: Tsurumaki Kazuya , Character Design: Yoshiyuki Sadamoto, Mecha Design: Ikuto Yamashita, Animation Production: Khara (Color) Studio. The scenario of the 1st part will be written by Hideaki Anno with storyboard by Shinji Higuchi.

I love Evangelion, and can barely wait for this. 2007 will yield the new Tales of Symphonia OVA and then the first Evangelion movie.

A great year for anime. If I can get my money together, I'm totally going out to Japan to watch the Eva movies in the theatre. Here's hoping they deliver. If they followed the manga storyline this would be sublime.

Can someone translate that to me? Is it a new series? A movie? A remake?

They're recompiling the entire Evangelion TV series into four movies, apparently. It will tell a similar story, but with newly animated scenes and events abundant throughout. I assume they'll be re-animating a lot of it to look much more clean and fluid.

I believe there will be a fourth movie which has an all new ending. This is why I believe/super hope they will take the manga storyline for the inspiration behind this new story. Not only does the manga basically follow the series storyline, but there are events/sequences that did not happen in the anime which enhance the character side of the story even better. By taking some of the anime story and adding in new scenes/events and redoing some, you could quite easily take the Evangelion manga story and create three/four movies from it.

Differences the manga has to the anime:

SPOILARS.

-Asuka is a test tube baby from an elite sperm bank.

-Shinji whines less. More spine, takes action more often.

-Rei is injured piloting Eva-01 against the first Angel to attack New Tokyo-3.

-Toji and Kensuke and Hikari have a bigger role.

-Toji is killed when Eva-01 berserks and destroys Eva-03.

-Kaji is a bigger character and has a backstory (a good one too).

-Rei and Shinji have a much closer relationship.

-Kaworu comes to NERV before Asuka's mental rape by the Angel in orbit.

-Shinji does not "love" Kaworu, he does not even like him.

Sadamoto's different take on the story is awesome.

Does anyone know if Patlabor is any good, I have 2 DVDs but have never watched them.

Yeah Patlabor 1 and 2 are both pretty good films... Check it out, I mean you have the dvd's anyway right? lol

i went back and watched the fist volume of GITS: SAC and the animation looks sooo dated-thanks GITS: SAC 2nd GIG for spoiling me :(