Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's on sick leave... apparently he might have some sort of terminal illness. Why don't you try Yu Yu Hakusho in the meantime?

Yea he's been on it for some time now, he done more manga in October and November. People think it's because he's too lazy and can't think of material.

YuYu Hakusho is on my list, i've seen a couple of episodes before but i've a fair bit to watch just now.

Ergo Proxy is the closest thing I can think of to Death Note and even that's a bit far fetched. It's also really confusing and probably over reached.

Samurai Champloo is a decent series which you'd probably like.

I hope you rot in hell.

;)

Ergo Proxy is awesome, it even has paranoid ndroid on the ost

Also, read Mirai Nikki, it's clearly inspired by Death Note

Well, Samurai Champloo can be a bit slow-paced at times with a high production value. It has nothing that really grabs you, and it's pretty much one of those animes that you just watch, move onto the next, and don't really have much to say about it a month later.

Guest Stefkov
Yeah, it's just a random sidestory that got sent out in light novel form to people who collected cupons from all the manga... they decided to make it into a one episode special.

Also, Hauu~ subs aren't too bad, I'd just go with them if I were you. (maybe see the WinD subs if you watch it again)

Will do. Getting them now. I'd like to finish the series off and then move onto waching an old series I've not seen yet. Azumanga Daioh or any of the other series I've managed to fill my pc with.

Well, Samurai Champloo can be a bit slow-paced at times with a high production value. It has nothing that really grabs you, and it's pretty much one of those animes that you just watch, move onto the next, and don't really have much to say about it a month later.

You can say that it's awesome. That's enough. I don't need to be discussing the story of an anime to consider ir great. And slow paced? Never.

There must be something I keep missing regarding Fullmetal Alchemist.

In the first couple of episodes, Ed is noted as being 12, and Alphonse is 10.

Next thing, Ed is 16, Al is 14. So it's obviously now set 4 years later. But this keeps confusing me, because Ed hasn't changed at all. Not even grown.

Are you noted of the whole 'leap forward 4 years later' thing in ep10, because I missed that one?

It's a wtf from me lads. :wtf:

There must be something I keep missing regarding Fullmetal Alchemist.

In the first couple of episodes, Ed is noted as being 12, and Alphonse is 10.

Next thing, Ed is 16, Al is 14. So it's obviously now set 4 years later. But this keeps confusing me, because Ed hasn't changed at all. Not even grown.

Are you noted of the whole 'leap forward 4 years later' thing in ep10, because I missed that one?

It's a wtf from me lads. :wtf:

The first couple of episodes are set in 'normal' time, then the start of the 3rd I think, it's a flash back to 4 years ago and how he became a state alchemist. Then once the flash backs are done they skip to 'normal' time again (they don't say it, they just mention how they found nothing at that city, Lior I think) around episode 9.

And he barely grows and hates getting called tiny. There's actually a theory to why he's small in the manga but I can't be bothered going into it :heh:

You can say that it's awesome. That's enough. I don't need to be discussing the story of an anime to consider ir great. And slow paced? Never.

I guess you thought Cowboy Bebop was good too...

I usually rate anime by comparing it to other anime. Unfortunately I didn't think anime like CB and SC came anywhere close in terms of character development and story to, say, Fullmetal Alchemist.

I usually rate anime by comparing it to other anime. Unfortunately I didn't think anime like CB and SC came anywhere close in terms of character development and story to, say, Fullmetal Alchemist.

No comments.

I agree with you on SC, although it's not slow paced. But as far as character development comes, both SC and CB are magnificent. I mean story-wise, neither ir really compelling (they're not supposed to be), but they can still stand proud, especially CB, wich is fantastically good.

Speaking of timelines, Whats the Span of DeathNote?
Not sure exactly, but he goes from high school to college and that arc seems to span about a year, tops? Then maybe another year after killing Penbar's wife, working with L... then there's a big jump like 5 years or something into the future and a few more months to the end? Can't remember... might have to watch it all again some time :D

Guest Stefkov
The first couple of episodes are set in 'normal' time, then the start of the 3rd I think, it's a flash back to 4 years ago and how he became a state alchemist. Then once the flash backs are done they skip to 'normal' time again (they don't say it, they just mention how they found nothing at that city, Lior I think) around episode 9.

And he barely grows and hates getting called tiny. There's actually a theory to why he's small in the manga but I can't be bothered going into it :heh:

Pretty much it. It goes back and forth just that once I think.

There's a theory as to why he's small?! Even more of a reason to get the manga :(

Guest Stefkov

I don't want reasons. It's buying it. I need to finish getting Detah Note first.

11 and 12 are on their way. 7 and 10 are out of stock on amazon.

When they're in my hands I'll start to get fma.

I agree with you on SC, although it's not slow paced. But as far as character development comes, both SC and CB are magnificent. I mean story-wise, neither ir really compelling (they're not supposed to be), but they can still stand proud, especially CB, wich is fantastically good.

I meant that it was slow paced in the sense that, as far as I can remember, the main plot (finding the man who smelled of sunflowers) seemed brought on near the end, with a fair few episodes unrelated.

If you like FMA, there's no reason not to get the manga, so many differences in it.

Though it's a bitch to wait for it.

My friend has all of it so far, looks compelling but I rarely read manga. A lack of effort is down to that really. Saying that I have read a lot of the Berserk manga, simply because the Berserk anime ending is the biggest cliffhanger in anime history.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!